Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

Of course i wouldn't like it to have a long delay (even christmas would be pushing the envelope of tolerance), but under the circumstances, consumers dont have much of a choice.

As long as it arrives, and no store credit shenanigans pls!

1 hour ago, LRS said:

I got an email from mandarake stating that all shipments including EMS are delayed by several weeks. They told me that if I don't get granted an export license they would refund me. I'm cool with that. It took me 16 years to rediscover this hobby. What's another month or so. 

In that case, I don't mind another couple of weeks wait for the MP shipment from Manda via EMS if it gets shipped out. 

MEMPHIS, Tenn., March 31, 2020 — FedEx Express and TNT, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will implement a temporary surcharge on all international parcel and freight shipments from all origins across the FedEx global network due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The surcharge goes into effect April 6, 2020.
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/current-rates.html

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ok sit back and wait. 

I suppose my HMR VF-4 from N-Y has a chance to be a christmas present to my self this year. :nea::huh:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I haven't gotten any notice on status from Nippon-Yasan since February.  And that was that the HMR VF-4 release date was moved up.  :unknw: 

25 minutes ago, F360 said:

MEMPHIS, Tenn., March 31, 2020 — FedEx Express and TNT, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will implement a temporary surcharge on all international parcel and freight shipments from all origins across the FedEx global network due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The surcharge goes into effect April 6, 2020.
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/current-rates.html

Wasn't it not too long ago that Amazon banned the use of FedEx because they had over a 40% late delivery rate?  Now they have a valid excuse for it?  Regardless of the current situation, with the world locked into a global economy these days, cargo has to move.  Will it be slower?  Most likely.

My real concern is the re-occurrence of the virus after the national knockdowns begin to be lifted.  More people will begin to travel again and you all know what that may lead to.  As far as virus mutation...  We all could luck out and it could just mutate into a form that no longer affects humans.  But I'm not usually that lucky...  :unknw:

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I haven't gotten any notice on status from Nippon-Yasan since February.  And that was that the HMR VF-4 release date was moved up.  :unknw: 

Wasn't it not too long ago that Amazon banned the use of FedEx because they had over a 40% late delivery rate?  Now they have a valid excuse for it?  Regardless of the current situation, with the world locked into a global economy these days, cargo has to move.  Will it be slower?  Most likely.

My real concern is the re-occurrence of the virus after the national knockdowns begin to be lifted.  More people will begin to travel again and you all know what that may lead to.  As far as virus mutation...  We all could luck out and it could just mutate into a form that no longer affects humans.  But I'm not usually that lucky...  :unknw:

It was actually Fedex ground /home that amazon did not allow their 3rd party to ship with .     It’s not the same as Fedex Express .   Anything leaving Japan would be Fedex Express since it would be flight only .  
 It’s also possible that Japan post Ems packages for the USA will be loaded on Fedex express flights and then tender to the post office once it reach its destination state for final delivery.  

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Worth noting that in study so far the virus shows signs of mutating very slowly. So it's not likely to spontaneously change and screw us over all over again.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I read that too last night.  The cheapest option is gone and we're left with the most expensive ones that may add an extra surcharge.  Unless my order is worth a few hundred dollars I doubt I'll be paying to ship anything.

I got notification from mandrake that one of my orders shipped. However I'm not sure if that's accurate unless they changed my order from SAL to EMS. We will see soon enough. The email said it was SAL. 

3 minutes ago, LRS said:

I got notification from mandrake that one of my orders shipped. However I'm not sure if that's accurate unless they changed my order from SAL to EMS. We will see soon enough. The email said it was SAL. 

Have a SAL and and EMS order that shipped at the end of last week from Mandarake. Both have not moved at all. I imagine everything's gonna take a long time for awhile.

Just received some acrylic stands that I ordered back in late January which shipped from China.

I'm wondering what HLJ will do with their private warehouse, because I've got a few things that I ordered before the start of this, and held off shipping as things deteriorated.  I might contact them to see if they can't just hold them longer.

I wasn't expecting to see my fast packs from NY for the rest of the year anyway, so no real change there.

Edit: Scratch that, I didn't check my mail.  HLJ are lifting their private warehouse deadlines completely until further notice.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000454003?utm_source=COVID-19+Update+List&utm_campaign=b11ef35587-COVID19_INFO_CUSTOMERS_2020_04_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b1c5b0f139-b11ef35587-226796919&mc_cid=b11ef35587&mc_eid=55242d2b32

Edited by Chronocidal

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm wondering what HLJ will do with their private warehouse, because I've got a few things that I ordered before the start of this, and held off shipping as things deteriorated.  I might contact them to see if they can't just hold them longer.

I wasn't expecting to see my fast packs from NY for the rest of the year anyway, so no real change there.

You should have gotten an email from HLJ that says they're removed the limit to PW so you can store items indefinitely until things get back to normal.

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

You should have gotten an email from HLJ that says they're removed the limit to PW so you can store items indefinitely until things get back to normal.

Ah, maybe that's why they had that recent promotion to encourage people to ship their stuff out.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Have a SAL and and EMS order that shipped at the end of last week from Mandarake. Both have not moved at all. I imagine everything's gonna take a long time for awhile.

Just received some acrylic stands that I ordered back in late January which shipped from China.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a HMR VF-1A Kaki that was up and needed that for the collection. Used SAL, shows as shipped but hasn't moved at all.

I'm still on the list as Canada is not affected by the suspension, however I might change my EMS to DHL if Manada does send me another email as I haven't paid for the order yet (or I'll email them for the switch).

Based on their shipping carts for a 1.5 kg/3.3 lbs box. 

EMS: 2,700 yen

DHL: 2,050 yen (I'm going to get dinged for Custom Fees regardless) 

Edit: Forgot weight of box and corrected the shipping rate.

Edited by borgified

13 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a HMR VF-1A Kaki that was up and needed that for the collection. Used SAL, shows as shipped but hasn't moved at all.

I wasnt aware they made a kaki vf-1. I thought they only made a CF variant. 

1 minute ago, LRS said:

I wasnt aware they made a kaki vf-1. I thought they only made a CF variant. 

Hayao was done in for the Hi-Metal line only. Unknown if he will get the upgrade into the HMR line up.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Hmm.  Maybe now is the time to order a Mafex Robocop and some chain bases and just let them sit in my private warehouse at HLJ.

Get 1 of those third parties 1:12 murphy's headsculpt and it looks like a mini Hot Toys.

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Sort of the same deal for me but SAL from Mandarake and EMS from AE. Both collected on the 30th and only the EMS one has moved. The SAL package is still at the collecting stage. Im wondering if anything before the April 1st will actually be shipped. 

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

I had an item shipped SAL on 3/17 that still hasn't moved past "collection" so.... not holding my breath. There will be no anymoon review of Focker's VF-4G for a long while :(

Aww that sucks. But I see you never did a review of the HMR vf-1 hikaru super. :)

21 minutes ago, Wally said:

I ordered from Mandarake on Sunday 3/29 via DHL shipping.  It got here Wednesday 4/1. Maybe the express services have a fast track through the customs services? 

DHL in my mind is that the package/item that you send out has to be at the customer's hand within a few days (2 to 3 days) barring Customs if your country has it. 

EMS takes at least a week before you get it. 

52 minutes ago, LRS said:

Aww that sucks. But I see you never did a review of the HMR vf-1 hikaru super. :)

I was so sure we'd get the VF-1A Max and Kakizaki that I figured I would review them all together... I'm still holding out hope.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:21 PM, LRS said:

I work in healthcare. Current outlook is a year at least before things start to improve in the US. 

I've heard otherwise from a few doctors I know as friends, and my own doctor.

41 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I've heard otherwise from a few doctors I know as friends, and my own doctor.

Well that's good! I hope consensus is changing within the medical community. The faster this blows over the faster I can get my valks! :)

On 4/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, Lolicon said:

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Sort of the same deal for me but SAL from Mandarake and EMS from AE. Both collected on the 30th and only the EMS one has moved. The SAL package is still at the collecting stage. Im wondering if anything before the April 1st will actually be shipped. 

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I had an item shipped SAL on 3/17 that still hasn't moved past "collection" so.... not holding my breath. There will be no anymoon review of Focker's VF-4G for a long while :(

Add me to the list.  Had an item on Manda ship on 3/15 and still sitting in Collection too.

Here’s the response Manda gave me:

The international postal services have been experiencing heavy delays of these deliveries due to recent coronavirus issues,
and huge numbers of parcels are stuck at the post office. Unfortunately they can not annouce when this problem is solved 
and the deliveries are resumes at the moment.

We are sorry for your inconvenience, but please wait as the tracking information will be updated once your parcel is moving again.
If the package return, We can refund amount.