VF-1S Valkyrie WIP

Olitech Industries

On 5/21/2022 at 4:59 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Amazing work, with an incredible attention to the finest details. I wonder if Kawamori-san ever realized that his creations would draw this much dedication from the fans.

Thanks for the kind words, but there are others who have produced much, much more than I have. They are still my inspirations.

My turn to see how close I can fly to the sun. LOLOL!

Finally getting to the panel lines and fasteners.

Trying to get the fasteners looking right - not yet I think. The hex bolts in the back of the head maybe need to be reversed, to hold in the laser turrets. Still working it out. 

Going for a legit IRST look. So I think there need to be hex bolts, pan head screws and round head screws, counter sunk and counterbored, respectively. Trying to locate them in the same positions as in the Studio Nue drawing details.

VF1S_HEAD WIP21.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP22.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP23.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP24.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP25.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP27.jpg

VF1S_HEAD WIP28.jpg

Edited by Olitech Industries

Good lord that's pretty.

28 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Looking great, but I think the laser Wattage is too low.  @Seto Kaiba care to weigh in?

The Mauler RoV-20 laser cannon is a 5,000kW (kilowatt) laser.

I have to say, I love the attention to detail here.  My inner engineer is torn over whether to keep the correct real-world classification of Class 4 from the warning placard on the side of the cannon or the fictional Class 5 from the tip of the barrel.  Class 4 is currently a catchall for anything more powerful than Class 3B (which usually tops out around 0.5W or 30mJ depending on frequency and pulse duration).  Those two labels should probably match either way, though.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

6 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Good lord that's pretty.

The Mauler RoV-20 laser cannon is a 5,000kW (kilowatt) laser.

I have to say, I love the attention to detail here.  My inner engineer is torn over whether to keep the correct real-world classification of Class 4 from the warning placard on the side of the cannon or the fictional Class 5 from the tip of the barrel.  Class 4 is currently a catchall for anything more powerful than Class 3B (which usually tops out around 0.5W or 30mJ depending on frequency and pulse duration).  Those two labels should probably match either way, though.

Exactly what i was looking for! All are just placeholders right now.

thank you!!!

18 minutes ago, Olitech Industries said:

@Seto Kaiba regarding the labels, doesn’t it make more sense that they’re different classes? Sensors/targeting lasers vs. weaponized laser?

I have no clue, so I’m asking.

Based on my research into publicly-accessible military standards documents on laser safety, yes... the laser sensors would be a lower class.  Depending on type, the military-use ones are anywhere from Class 1 (eye-safe) to Class 3B (eye protection necessary to protect against direct exposure).  Guide laser oscillators are probably 3B or 3A.  LIDAR systems tend to be Class 1 or 2.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I think the DYRL upper intakes are a good call; they look more detailed and realistic. :)

I totally agree!

secondly, thank you for that modified masterfile drawing that you posted at the beginning - where you widened the legs in the bottom view.

Im going to roll with that when i flip this bird over.

6 hours ago, Olitech Industries said:

I totally agree!

secondly, thank you for that modified masterfile drawing that you posted at the beginning - where you widened the legs in the bottom view.

Im going to roll with that when i flip this bird over.

No problem; glad to help! I wanted (and still do) this to come out as nicely as possible! :)

5 hours ago, Olitech Industries said:

On another note, i need help perfect hirez lineart for the tv sdf1. Orthos would be perfect.

can you help?

I searched around and this is the best I could find at the moment:

SDF-1-Macross-External-Views-Cruiser-21.jpg.dc010252b661c41cd92b0d315d035614.jpg

It's line art from the series and not like you would find for the Master Files series; meantime, I'll see if there's anything better out there for you.