VF-1S Block 5/6 HOTAS Stick

Olitech Industries

I concur on the minimal controls; however, trying not to deviate too far from the original design.

Aside from some detail styling, the only additions are the NASA style toggle switch-guard, Dzus fasteners and 3.5mm audio jack  below the 1/4” jack.

Instrument panel and throttle in progress. Everything modelled from scratch to the millimeter.

A4A9C1B7-6418-4171-8022-3038C68C4311.gif

695456AB-A146-4077-8010-C43432196824.gif

44 minutes ago, peter said:

I honestly thought this was a real-world mock-up when I first saw this thread.

Peter,

Quite honoured that you would think that.

And this is still the “factory OEM” finish. Once oxidization/scratches/weathering are applied, it should (hopefully) be indistinguishable from reality. It’s taking all my patience NOT to do that until each part is complete.

However if I get the scale right, it should be  3D printable. These models will be distributed freely with no limitations once I get them perfect. In other words, you can make it “real” if you wish.

5 hours ago, Olitech Industries said:

However if I get the scale right, it should be  3D printable. These models will be distributed freely with no limitations once I get them perfect. In other words, you can make it “real” if you wish.

Friggin awesome :good:

16 hours ago, Olitech Industries said:

Peter,

Quite honoured that you would think that.

And this is still the “factory OEM” finish. Once oxidization/scratches/weathering are applied, it should (hopefully) be indistinguishable from reality. It’s taking all my patience NOT to do that until each part is complete.

Keep going man, don't stop here.....do the WHOLE VALKYRIE.

This is legitimately gorgeous.  

Have you consulted the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Battroid Valkyrie book for further detail on the control grips?  Some of those contours are actually meant to be buttons.

30 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Have you consulted the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Battroid Valkyrie book for further detail on the control grips?  Some of those contours are actually meant to be buttons.

I need this badly! I've been "free-styling" this alone way too long. Any help, guidance or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks so much for the tip. 

I'm on it!

9 minutes ago, Olitech Industries said:

I need this badly! I've been "free-styling" this alone way too long. Any help, guidance or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks so much for the tip. 

I'm on it!

I can grab some snapshots of the art for you when I get home today, if you'd find it helpful.

50 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Found it! I don't suppose there is an English translated version?

Looks good! I was already in the process of 'buttoning' the control grips. 

I'm intending my version to be a little 'softer' and more ergonomic like the original sketches. The Masterfile side-stick pistol grip looks brutal on the palms (even with gloves). Attempted to make mine look and feel more like a firearm (to visually denote its function).

Now if only I could find the general dimensions....

EDIT: Loving that ball joint connection!

Edited by Olitech Industries
additional comment

4 minutes ago, Olitech Industries said:

Found it! I don't suppose there is an English translated version?

None yet.  It's on my to-do list, but it'll be literal years before my group gets to it.

23 minutes ago, Olitech Industries said:

"Stopping"?  (Jabba's booming laugh echoes in the next chamber)

Be careful what you wish for.

Because THAT'S another story...

VF1S_07.jpg

PANEL TEASE.jpg

Are you secretly working on a live action DYRL project we don't know about?  Because this is absolutely bonkers, wow!

26 minutes ago, peter said:

Are you secretly working on a live action DYRL project we don't know about?  Because this is absolutely bonkers, wow!

A great man once said, and I paraphrase, "There's a lotta things about me you don't understand peter. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand".

Seriously though, this is a passion project I've been meaning to get to for a long, long time.

And I have a feeling you all DO understand.

Thanks for letting me crash-land here.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, peter said:

Someone has to 3d print this full size.

Peter,

Interestingly after years of lurking, I was totally inspired by Dodiano’s real life instrument panel project and of course grandmaster Dan Bickell’s VF-1. And all the predecessors before that.

Dodiano could build this for real.

Art imitating life, imitating art, imitating life again.

Edited by Olitech Industries