Kids Logic 1/12 VF-1 Valkyrie Cockpit

sh9000

Word to the wise; this is a display piece, and you'd better be gentle as all get out, or risk breaking your almost $500.00 collectible... just saying.

Points of EXTREME concern:

The canopy is attached with a thin piece of plastic that may be prone to warping over time.  It does not appear to be removable.  That may be a feature that will debut with the VF-1S.

The tension/resistance on that canopy hinge is practically nil.  You feel just the slightest bit of grip, but not enough to hold anything in place.  You have 2 options for display afaik; canopy fully opened, or completely closed.

Also my canopy is very gappy.  Don't really know how to fix this, but it's not to bothersome to me.

And now the stand/base... I absolutely don't like what they went with here.  The stickers are garrish, and the stability is questionable at best. 

Be careful when posing this thing also.  I suggest you don't choose too aggressive an angle on the adjustable connector; unless you want to send this thing tumbling God forbid!

This is polystone construction, and will look like a hot mess if you break it.

Other than the above rant, I love this thing!  I really do!

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing @claude grant

How is the sound quality? Does it have a mini tube amp like the SDF-1?

Non-existent.  There are no sound modules, speakers, or any type of onboard audio to be found here.

But if LED's are your thing then this should definitely suffice.

Edited by claude grant

13 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Non-existent.  There are no sound modules, speakers, or any type of onboard audio to be found here.

But if LED's are your thing then this should definitely suffice.

Ok, I wasn’t sure but that looked like it might be an MP3 player hooked up underneath it. 

• 1 year later...

Forgot I had PO'd this and BBTS shipped it out last week....

It's a really nice piece, but not a must-have...It displays well and looks pretty cool with the lighting gimmick...plus KC's Hikaru fits perfectly...I did not try the KC Roy, but I'm thinking it probably won't fit...

The cockpit diorama has a nice heft to it, which makes the supplied stand sort of insufficient...it needs a good solid metal base...the current plastic stand just feels like it can easily tip over...which considering the cost of this would be very bad news....don't care much for the fixed pose Roy, but it's "good enough"...wish they would have included a battery option...the USB connection is ok, but you'll need an adapter to plug into a wall socket....

BTW, I have the 1/6 VF-1J Hikaru cockpit diorama which is still sitting in its MISSB state...and now will likely never see the light of day...

Anyway...some pics...

large.20221017_191058.jpg.dfa9050c72a6e2

large.20221017_190730.jpg.a912d43b5a0f7d

large.20221017_193322.jpg.0b83d6ff2d5659

large.20221017_194147.jpg.85494e9cbf3e8c

large.20221017_194558.jpg.434668a7d97777

large.20221017_200009.jpg.4a1168adeb9a5b

large.20221017_202056.jpg.c71a8933b76044

large.20221017_202514.jpg.5a2006f6b352d5

large.20221017_201043.jpg.61088da4ef02fb

large.20221017_201525.jpg.77afbae2cfe9e8

Edited by jvmacross

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice set, @jvmacross! :good: 

Is it ok to ask if the canopy in these photos were shut properly? Can't help not to notice the gap on the front portion. Thanks.

It's not a very good "seal"....I played around with it but couldn't get it to alight properly at the front end of it...thus the gap....I'll try and see if maybe I am missing something...maybe I have to adjust it at the hinge someway...either way to have it open, it needs to be completely open, can't be half way or 3/4 way...very poor cockpit hinge design...almost loose if there wasn't the smallest amount of friction on the hinge end

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I haven't bought any of them yet because of the price but I still plan on getting the VF-1S.

I went with the VF-1S in the slight chance that KC or someone else would make a DYRL style Hikaru pilot...although now that they are making a civilian pilot Hikaru and the 1st episode Minmay dress....A 1/12 VF-1D cockpit would be very tempting 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice set, @jvmacross! :good: 

Is it ok to ask if the canopy in these photos were shut properly? Can't help not to notice the gap on the front portion. Thanks.

It doesn't look like it can based on the shape of the canopy not matching the shape of the cockpit where the black anti-glare area is. It's almost like it was meant to be displayed with the canopy open and so they didn't pay much attention to it. Cleaning out all the dust that collects inside would be a pain though with it left open. I think if one were to somehow try to force it down, the canopy would crack and break.

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

59555646-A361-4383-9FE6-11671621D8D9.jpeg.0c7ac53af971c124970b8c39dfa99953.jpeg

An actual release or photoshop?

Seems like the description refers to it as a Max Version?

Either way, I think these would be nicer if they tossed in a pilot fig....it's a big reason why I double-dipped on the 1/12 VF-1S after getting the 1/6 VF-1J...which was sort of a disappointment when their 1/6 Hikaru couldn't be seated into the cockpit....which is why mine still remains MISBISSB...:(

13 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice....I really like the detail and paint on these....but for me...one was enough for each scale....hopefully they will release a Millia pilot figure

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...