Kids Logic 1/12 VF-1 Valkyrie Cockpit

sh9000

I dare say I like this thing. It would look really cool displayed with the Kitzconcept figures. Interesting to note they actually have the KC Rick figure up on the Kidslogic website now.

But yikes the rivets and the glowy orange display screen.:bad:

On 3/6/2020 at 5:03 PM, jenius said:

I have heard that if you're not a Japanese company, it's almost impossible to get a Macross license. I have also heard that, even in Japan, BigWest is hard to do business with. So, some Robotech products probably begin as dreams of Macross products but become Robotech goods because HG is eager to do business while BW never returns a call.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. But I think it's something that Macross fans in general may not really think about.

I assumed this was how KitzConcept wound up working with HG on "Robotech" products, for instance.

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. But I think it's something that Macross fans in general may not really think about.

I assumed this was how KitzConcept wound up working with HG on "Robotech" products, for instance.

I would actually prefer to buy a 3rd party KO than a KC product.....at least the KO's aren't actively supporting HG, lol!

5 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Interesting to note they actually have the KC Rick figure up on the Kidslogic website now.

:o

Too bad it doesn't seem to fit...at least based on the only pic currently available

A3A4BB05-7CAE-4707-AA19-52BB0532855F.jpeg

You would think KL would have made sure it did before creating the final molds for their "1/12" cockpit....hopefully whoever placed the fig into the cockpit for the pic had no idea what they were doing and it actually fits fine.....:unknw:

Edited by jvmacross

• 10 months later...

Looks like KidsLogic is offering a static Rick Hunter to go with the 1/12 VF-1J cockpit statue for $38.

https://www.kidslogic.toys/products/st15a

VF-1J Cockpit Statue for $380.

https://www.kidslogic.toys/products/st15

VF-1S Cockpit Statue w/ static Roy figure for $410.

https://www.kidslogic.toys/products/st18

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Wow, they actually got rid of the warts! It looks pretty good.

Wonder if the 1J still has the warts. The pics for that still shows them.

Looks so much better now, too bad I never give any money to HG, wouldn't mind it otherwise.

The surface looks better.  I’m sure the VF-1J has also been changed.  I contacted Kenneth in March about changing the surface.  Maybe others did too.  He’s aware of this thread but I just asked him if the cockpit can still be adjusted to fit the KC figures.

2 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The surface looks better.  I’m sure the VF-1J has also been changed.  I contacted Kenneth in March about changing the surface.  Maybe others did too.  He’s aware of this thread but I just asked him if the cockpit can still be adjusted to fit the KC figures.

Are you getting either?  I would like to get the 1/12 VF-1S since I already have a 1/6 VF-1J Hikaru......but knowing that I could use my 1/12 KC figures with it would help in rationalizing the purchase...

I still think their 1/6 Hikaru "figure" was a massive fail in terms of what they had originally teased....

49 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

The VF-1S definitely looks improved over the 1J. The rivets look better and the screen isn't as obnoxious. No skull and crossbones symbol behind the cockpit though.

Would be cool if the Kitzconcept figures fit in there

I'm confused now on the skull emblem on the side of the VF-1S canopy. I thought the skull emblem was placed for the movie version.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Are you getting either?  I would like to get the 1/12 VF-1S since I already have a 1/6 VF-1J Hikaru......but knowing that I could use my 1/12 KC figures with it would help in rationalizing the purchase...

I still think their 1/6 Hikaru "figure" was a massive fail in terms of what they had originally teased....

I’m not sure yet.  I’d love to get one.  Maybe the VF-1S.

Kenneth responded and said that they tried to fit the KC figure in the cockpit but were unsuccessful.

Just now, sh9000 said:

I’m not sure yet.  I’d love to get one.  Maybe the VF-1S.

Kenneth responded and said that they tried to fit the KC figure in the cockpit but were unsuccessful.

Yeah....based on the last pic showing a KC fig inside the KL 1/12 cockpit...it seems it would not fit...at least not without major mods...torso is too long, removing the legs at the knees would not help either...it would still look good next to it or maybe climbing into the cockpit....maybe you can suggest to them to include a ladder accessory

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah....based on the last pic showing a KC fig inside the KL 1/12 cockpit...it seems it would not fit...at least not without major mods...torso is too long, removing the legs at the knees would not help either...it would still look good next to it or maybe climbing into the cockpit....maybe you can suggest to them to include a ladder accessory

I’ll see what he says.

• 1 month later...

Interesting,  once again late to the game.       Having had a chance to interact with the 1/6 cockpit which I thought was pretty neat,  just outright obnoxious in size.   I might be persuaded to have an interest in the smaller versions.       Ideally the Hikki 1J would be more logical as I would use it to replace my current topper for my SDF Macross Pachi.     The rivets don't really bother me that much, but I admit the Fokker 1S does seem to be more appealing to the eye.    

Now however looking at the last video that @sh9000 posted I don't see the rivets on the 1J.  

hmm.    

I gotta think about this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my 1/12 VF-1J cockpit yesterday, and can verify that the KC Rick Hunter figure fits like a champ with NO modding of parts!

All I did was remove the tan backpack and VOILA!  I'm talking even with the helmet on he looks made to order for this cockpit! 

If you own this figure, then you definitely don't need the static statue.

Will take some pics and post tomorrow if time permits me.

Also, a word of caution...

The cockpit is held on to the base with 2 neodymium magnets that hold ok I guess.  But be careful cause the attachment points can be tricky.

Edited by claude grant

22 minutes ago, claude grant said:

I just got my 1/12 VF-1J cockpit yesterday, and can verify that the KC Rick Hunter figure fits like a champ with NO modding of parts!

All I did was remove the tan backpack and VOILA!  I'm talking even with the helmet on he looks made to order for this cockpit! 

If you own this figure, then you definitely don't need the static statue.

Will take some pics and post tomorrow if time permits me.

Also, a word of caution...

The cockpit is held on to the base with 2 neodymium magnets that hold ok I guess.  But be careful cause the attachment points can be tricky.

Look forward to your pics...BTW...do you own the recently released Roy figure?  If so, does that one fit?

Cool.  I might need to get the 1/12 scale VF-1S afterall then.  Maybe KC was trying to fit the figure without making any adjustments.  If all I need to do is remove the backpack then that’s ok with me.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Look forward to your pics...BTW...do you own the recently released Roy figure?  If so, does that one fit?

Still waiting for Roy to arrive, but I can guarantee you one thing...based on the pics I've seen of Roy standing next to Hikaru,

ain't no way in Hades that figure will fit in the 1J cockpit I've got!  I'll put it to the test when he arrives though none the less.

I could be wrong, but it appears that they may have taken the foot pedals out of the final design, and maybe by doing so it allowed for the figure to fit properly within the cockpit.  I detected no obstructions with the feet at all.

Edited by claude grant

23 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Still waiting for Roy to arrive, but I can guarantee you one thing...based on the pics I've seen of Roy standing next to Hikaru,

ain't no way in Hades that figure will fit in the 1J cockpit I've got!  I'll put it to the test when he arrives though none the less.

I could be wrong, but it appears that they may have taken the foot pedals out of the final design, and maybe by doing so it allowed for the figure to fit properly within the cockpit.  I detected no obstructions with the feet at all.

OK, looking forward to your pics..thanks