• 1 year later...

The poster makes it look like a prequel rather than a sequel. The last one was all over the place with stuff, but they keep ending up with the dinosaurs being more and more irrelevant when now they’re making clones designer built as the focus. I’m surprised they aren’t doing raptor people as soldiers or something equally as silly 

8 minutes ago, Big s said:

The poster makes it look like a prequel rather than a sequel. The last one was all over the place with stuff, but they keep ending up with the dinosaurs being more and more irrelevant when now they’re making clones designer built as the focus. I’m surprised they aren’t doing raptor people as soldiers or something equally as silly 

Having people who release dinosaurs into a city being treated as heroes is equally silly.  So is trying to use Raptors with as much control problems as the ones in the movie display.

29 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Having people who release dinosaurs into a city being treated as heroes is equally silly.  So is trying to use Raptors with as much control problems as the ones in the movie display.

Well, people rarely do intelligent things...;) And yes, in all reality the correct reaction to the dinos dying would have been, 'oh well, that's sad. But we can make new ones!'

But then again, that was the decision that was made. It wasn't they who let the dinos out, it was the child, and she made a childish decision.

I can see in the next movie, if they haven't been vilified merely for being there, that they should be involved, maybe indirectly, in catching as many dinos as possible. And I imagine any predators in particular...:shok:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • azrael changed the title to Jurassic World Dominion (Jurassic World 3)

Why are there so many dinosaurs?  The last movie ended I think with some of them escaping.  People seem to be living and working among them in this trailer.  If a Tiger escapes the Zoo the police will shoot it.  We don't just learn to live with dangerous wild animals.  How much influence does Peta have in this movie universe?  

Because the movie needs there to be that many. It literally did not give it any more thought than that.

Remember when the first movie went into exhaustive detail about extracting broken dinosaur DNA and splicing it together with reptilian genes, then chemically manipulating the gestation in order to control the population numbers? Good times.

Don't forget they screwed up and put in the DNA of a creature that can change sex if needed.  I'm guessing there will be some explanation for why there are so many and why they are not hunted down on site before they can get out of hand.  I don't think that it will make much sense but there will be one.

As long as the explanation is believable. It doesn't need to be actually realistic, but fitting with the universe it's in. I'm sure they'll have something.

And I like those scenes of them riding beside the herbivores. Looks like some are even in a horse herd.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, Roy Focker said:

Why are there so many dinosaurs?

v5z0yancVfrRA74U5z_PMQCOC4kVmX2pTyszK0pAk7I.jpg.55c80540b388191cbdb01c95c01e5335.jpg

On 2/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, Roy Focker said:

The last movie ended I think with some of them escaping.  People seem to be living and working among them in this trailer.  If a Tiger escapes the Zoo the police will shoot it.  We don't just learn to live with dangerous wild animals.  How much influence does Peta have in this movie universe? 

FAibPqsUUAwul-U.jpg.d4982f598897ad315f70c203000d2859.jpg

While the cash cow is still alive and well and spinning out sequels? Probably not. 

However, if this is the last one (cause you know Hollywood, they're like an NFL player on their fourth retirement) give it a few years and they might reboot it from the floppy disc.

P.S.

I did not read the book, though I do know that Hammond did not survive in that version. What else is different?

Edited by Thom

31 minutes ago, Thom said:

While the cash cow is still alive and well and spinning out sequels? Probably not. 

However, if this is the last one (cause you know Hollywood, they're like an NFL player on their fourth retirement) give it a few years and they might reboot it from the floppy disc.

P.S.

I did not read the book, though I do know that Hammond did not survive in that version. What else is different?

This might help:

https://screenrant.com/jurassic-park-book-movie-differences-michael-crichton-explained/

I do know that in the book, Hammond couldn't care less about his grandchildren.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

I have a Jurassic Park Signed First Edition Franklin Library book that I'll sell ya, lol. I bought it several years ago as an investment piece and plan on selling it on Facebook Market Place very soon. 

1XBvfpa.jpg

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

I do know that in the book, Hammond couldn't care less about his grandchildren.

Or anyone else for that matter, he was a real scumbag.  That is the only major difference I can remember, nothing that would have required FX that were not possible in the early nineties.