• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, sh9000 said:

293E1EB3-A8A9-46B6-82E4-532B495DF9E6.thumb.jpeg.287c5ed032aa9affa8783af163cee7c7.jpeg

The Hiya Toys' ED-209 is a nice looking toy, especially for its size, but I ended up not waiting for it, and bought the larger Neca version last year. I just watched a review of the Hiya, and I'm glad I went with the Neca. It's larger, more detailed, has better sound quality and more sound effects/phrases lifted straight from the movie soundtrack (that can be a good and bad thing) and pretty much the same articulation. Unfortunately, neither version has any articulation in the feet, which sucks b/c you can't recreate the fun scene where ED is testing the staircase with his toes before taking a tumble and throwing a tantrum (one of my favorite scenes in the movie, and just one of the best robot scenes in any movie). Essentially, It also limits him to basically a static standing pose, as trying to pose him in a walking pose looks awkward and will more than likely result in his tumbling over. :( I assume the same will be true for the Hiya. It's frustrating and unfortunate to have such a well done toy, but that lack of foot articulation limits a lot of the fun that could be had.

I have both the NECA and Hiya Toys ED-209 and I’m expecting the Battle Damaged version soon.  Different scales for different displays.

I hope Hiya Toys makes a Robocop 2 Cain and I wish that any company would release a 1/18 scale Robocop OCP Ford Taurus Police car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice. He needs a cartoon too. I saw the one on YouTube and enjoyed it. I would like to see a great animated series for Dredd with a wild style of animation. It looks like they are going with the comic designs on these figures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...