G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Yes, the Steel Brigade figure was a mail away.

But I don’t recall him ever including the jetpack.  Not even with the 25th Anniversary figure they released awhile back.

I had one as a kid and couldn’t even remember the name. I do remember a long wait and being super excited when it came. I think that one had a custom some like name card maybe. I remember the figure  and remember waiting a long time for delivery, but the rest is a bit fuzzy. I think it came with a basic backpack, but not a jet pack, but maybe I’m wrong 

Never got the O-ring version.  YoJoe.com may have info, but I suspect those figures had the Duke/Airborne backpack.

The 25th/30th version had two backpack options:  a green Duke backpack and a tan Zap bazooka rounds backpack.  Those later figures from the line were loaded with a crapload of weapons and accessories.

Lastly, traditionally, the jetpack has been associated with Grand Slam or with Stalker.  But never with the Steel Brigade figures.

Edited by Mog

I was just checking after getting the name here. Yeah, the old one didn’t have a jet pack .I remember the name was customizable, but I guess the branch as well. And never knew that would be a slight factor in how the toy actually looked depending on the release. It seems there were a few variations using different parts. 

Agreed @M'Kyuun on the video and the Skystriker toy.  It was a fun watch and I wish I bought more than 1 Haslab Skystriker.

Recently opened a few of my spare Classified figures.  I have a long way to go with opening troop builders, individual characters, and even my spare Serpentor.  Opened up a Crimson Guard, Zarana, and Python Patrol Trooper.  All I got to say is that I still love this line and am all in.

15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Agreed @M'Kyuun on the video and the Skystriker toy.  It was a fun watch and I wish I bought more than 1 Haslab Skystriker.

Recently opened a few of my spare Classified figures.  I have a long way to go with opening troop builders, individual characters, and even my spare Serpentor.  Opened up a Crimson Guard, Zarana, and Python Patrol Trooper.  All I got to say is that I still love this line and am all in.

I don't collect G.I. Joe, but I think they're absolutely killing it (in a good way). Such incredible looking figs, and now with some of the vehicles coming back- just a great line. Heck, the 80s vehicle toys were so well done they could just do straight reissues, if the molds still exist, that is.

• 1 month later...

Every single one of those is a must-have. Wow. The only nitpick is that Low Light's gun seems a bit on the small side. Good thing that Gridiron just dropped their big honkin' M82 Barrett.

7 hours ago, Axelay said:

Every single one of those is a must-have. Wow. The only nitpick is that Low Light's gun seems a bit on the small side. Good thing that Gridiron just dropped their big honkin' M82 Barrett.

Yep they all look good.

If the Classified series had looked this good from the get go my wallet may have suffered. It looks like they got rid of most of the mall-ninja crap (I hated the random bits of metal armor on the first waves) and pointless textures and nonsense seam lines everywhere. Although has the person responsible for that been thoroughly beaten yet? I don't like loose ends.

Most guns even have actual barrels now. Nice!

1 hour ago, danth said:

If the Classified series had looked this good from the get go my wallet may have suffered. It looks like they got rid of most of the mall-ninja crap (I hated the random bits of metal armor on the first waves) and pointless textures and nonsense seam lines everywhere. Although has the person responsible for that been thoroughly beaten yet? I don't like loose ends.

Most guns even have actual barrels now. Nice!

The person responsible for the $24.99 price point needs to be beatern first.

Finally got my Super 7 Snake Eyes!

I would say I'm "whelmed". No surprises, looks exactly like the pictures. Which is good because the pictures looked great and the figure does too.

The poseability isn't spectacular but it's fine. Nothing double jointed, no kneeling poses or anything. Basically what you would expect.

I definitely can't justify the price. If it were more reasonable I'd be down for, well, the whole line maybe. Maybe I'll pick up a few more if they go on sale.

Definitely in for a V2 Snake Eyes if it happens.

Edited by danth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI

Super 7  dropped the ball with wave 2.  Heads and forearms are now unpainted plastic which doesn't match the parts with paint skin. Nor do they match Duke from wave 1 who has  all his skin painted.

People are canceling orders including me. Who really like wave 1.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

FYI

Super 7  dropped the ball with wave 2.  Heads and forearms are now unpainted plastic which doesn't match the parts with paint skin. Nor do they match Duke from wave 1 who has  all his skin painted.

People are canceling orders including me. Who really like wave 1.

I still don't know why those things exist in the first place. Why bother with a figure that has less articulation and worse paint aps than the original figures they are based on?

1 hour ago, renegadeleader1 said:

I still don't know why those things exist in the first place. Why bother with a figure that has less articulation and worse paint aps than the original figures they are based on?

I think if it’s like me, they captured the look of the old cartoon better than most other previous figures. Hasbro kinda did a weird thing by trying to modernize the design and honestly they’re awkwardly bad at faces.

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I heard a rumor that it'll be the Snowcat.  Though I wish it'll be a MOBAT.

Both are cool vehicles as are many others.  Some people want a HAVOC.  I wouldn't mind if it was a Wolverine.

11 hours ago, Big s said:

I think if it’s like me, they captured the look of the old cartoon better than most other previous figures. Hasbro kinda did a weird thing by trying to modernize the design and honestly they’re awkwardly bad at faces.

That was the appeal. These weren't highly detailed, super articulated, modern interpretations of the original toys. Super 7's figures were the cartoon in 3D.

Got my Retro Zartan, so gonna sell my SDCC one.  (I'm painting my retro one to look just a BIT more like the SDCC one----a few silver accents here and there, to make the coloring not so "each part is just one solid color")

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Haven't ordered any Ultimates for my collection yet.  I might just order only Duke and Cobra Commander to represent the line.

I’d highly suggest Snake Eyes since there really hasn’t been a figure that looked like it came from the og cartoon. Honestly I like the bad guys as well and these look good even if you leave ‘em in the box. 

• 3 weeks later...

New Classified figures to preorder.

D43824AB-C5DC-4A75-979F-EE267FF61E91.webp.0f34c84dd1dabee02d3c4a1e44480e9f.webp

Classified Python Patrol Crimson Guard Target and Hasbro Pulse Exclusive.

1D01D1C6-0E31-4B03-B6DB-3E8A5E04CDA8.webp.77975b46094dc65ef2596c5820e8e2bc.webp

Classified Tiger Force Dusty Target and Hasbro Pulse Exclusive.

EECEDB59-C1F2-4495-A955-9F56C2ADC46E.webp.5e46adec95ebc01bb9dbe4d1413eb895.webp

Classified Tele-Viper and Cobra Flight Pod Hasbro Pulse Exclusive.

1D7D0DD3-2A18-4E84-85CE-E3FE840FBFC0.webp.b90e11502a3f0511a159b348affb7ce7.webp

Classified Arctic BAT general release.

Edited by sh9000

E589BDF2-D658-4B21-B23A-C7D55FC60583.jpeg.fe99db430038dcd0e60ceff22fc050c4.jpeg

Classified Grunt.

1564661F-88A5-4B34-B208-5B56799EB2B5.jpeg.a7f07fa3f143135406cce55e28e7f452.jpeg

Classified Crimson Viper.

The Haslab Cobra HISS needs to be shipped out before the next Haslab goes up for order.

Edited by sh9000