G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I placed an order for it.  $300 was too high in my opinion but I consider all 4 of the unlocks to be worth $100. Leaving $200 for base Hiss and Driver.  That's still over-priced by $100!  These aren't being made in mass retail numbers and the Hiss is my default favorite Cobra vehicle.  Now the kicker

$22 Shipping.

Come on! For a $300 purchase they can't provide free shipping? 

The $22 is probably Hasbro‘s profit margin. B))

Yeah there's no more free shipping offer even for regular orders because they want people to get the premium membership.  My prior orders and Haslab Sentinels, Galactus, Razor Crest, and Skystriker all had free shipping.  At least it's a flate rate of $22 for an order of up to 5 HISS Tanks.

Signed up for Pulse Premium membership for $50 for the year.  The HISS Tanks ship for free (originally $22) and each individual order would have been $6.99 so with the way Hasbro Pulse is releasing figures from different lines throughout the year there's savings off of shipping with the membership.

I got the retro card backed 6" figures of Gung Ho, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Destro today from Walmart.  If I was really into getting my toys in MOC condition, I would be pissed because Walmart just used soft baggie pouches.  Consequently, two of the figures had torn card and/or bent card tops.  They all look great though.  So great, in fact, that it spurred me on in backing the HISS to get retro Cobra Commander.  Nostalgia definitely twisted my arm, but it didn't have to twist too hard.

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I got the retro card backed 6" figures of Gung Ho, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Destro today from Walmart.  If I was really into getting my toys in MOC condition, I would be pissed because Walmart just used soft baggie pouches.  Consequently, two of the figures had torn card and/or bent card tops.  They all look great though.  So great, in fact, that it spurred me on in backing the HISS to get retro Cobra Commander.  Nostalgia definitely twisted my arm, but it didn't have to twist too hard.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the redesigns. Give me my joes the old fashioned 80’s way. Just not too old fashioned like the pre 80’s

50 minutes ago, danth said:

Not a fan of random busy design elements just for the sake of visual interest. The classic designs stand on their own and don't need it.

image.png.f27da16c66fcf37a34bb8b1f89fa2858.png

After you pointed out the face stitching, it looks like he’s wearing some dudes tighty whities over his face

• 2 weeks later...

The top picture doesn’t inspire confidence. I guess behind the scenes Joes take no prisoners. That “here take this you’re gonna need it” makes me think this guy knows that this thing looks cool, but won’t last on the battlefield.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my first Classified figure this week, the Alley Viper. I got the figure because I had one as a kid and I have fond memories of playing with it and all the accessories.

However, similar to Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series I can’t deal with the build of the figure.

The way it feels while manipulating the joints, the gummy plastic and the visible pins for joints and the way the joints are cut that is all not for me.

And while you don’t see most of that once the figure is on display, I can’t distance myself from the feeling when handling the toy every time I’m looking at it.