G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I placed an order for it.  $300 was too high in my opinion but I consider all 4 of the unlocks to be worth $100. Leaving $200 for base Hiss and Driver.  That's still over-priced by $100!  These aren't being made in mass retail numbers and the Hiss is my default favorite Cobra vehicle.  Now the kicker

$22 Shipping.

Come on! For a $300 purchase they can't provide free shipping? 

The $22 is probably Hasbro‘s profit margin. B))

• 2 weeks later...

I got the retro card backed 6" figures of Gung Ho, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Destro today from Walmart.  If I was really into getting my toys in MOC condition, I would be pissed because Walmart just used soft baggie pouches.  Consequently, two of the figures had torn card and/or bent card tops.  They all look great though.  So great, in fact, that it spurred me on in backing the HISS to get retro Cobra Commander.  Nostalgia definitely twisted my arm, but it didn't have to twist too hard.

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I got the retro card backed 6" figures of Gung Ho, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Destro today from Walmart.  If I was really into getting my toys in MOC condition, I would be pissed because Walmart just used soft baggie pouches.  Consequently, two of the figures had torn card and/or bent card tops.  They all look great though.  So great, in fact, that it spurred me on in backing the HISS to get retro Cobra Commander.  Nostalgia definitely twisted my arm, but it didn't have to twist too hard.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the redesigns. Give me my joes the old fashioned 80’s way. Just not too old fashioned like the pre 80’s

50 minutes ago, danth said:

Not a fan of random busy design elements just for the sake of visual interest. The classic designs stand on their own and don't need it.

image.png.f27da16c66fcf37a34bb8b1f89fa2858.png

After you pointed out the face stitching, it looks like he’s wearing some dudes tighty whities over his face

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my first Classified figure this week, the Alley Viper. I got the figure because I had one as a kid and I have fond memories of playing with it and all the accessories.

However, similar to Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series I can’t deal with the build of the figure.

The way it feels while manipulating the joints, the gummy plastic and the visible pins for joints and the way the joints are cut that is all not for me.

And while you don’t see most of that once the figure is on display, I can’t distance myself from the feeling when handling the toy every time I’m looking at it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

B5FBC986-B3F5-474B-AA47-B096572D16FE.jpeg.14954657c696b205ac11f917e18d3377.jpeg

14FBF1D7-1E4F-4B8F-B763-EC2470514DFF.jpeg.ee2bbf2fe7f782612948b6c621834bf8.jpeg

5A82DFF2-09B8-4DF2-A6F8-74E379B6BDC5.jpeg.014449befa42c7e6197e52703133122d.jpeg

Lenny and Emily have such great on-screen chemistry- they complement one another incredibly well. They're both natural, unforced, and obviously passionate about their products. Best of all, the presentation here, unlike alot of the Transformers presentations, feels like an unscripted personal video made by fans instead of a corporate presentation. These two unabashedly love this stuff, especially Lenny, and if more corporations made product vids like this, where the love is on full display, it'd be fantastic. 

I will say, though, that Mark Maher and Evan Brooks bring their own passion to the presentations they do, albeit with very different energies according to their personalities. I've often seen comments about Mark's appearing drunk, but it's more a case of his enthusiasm and his unique personality coloring his commentary. The guy's incredibly talented, and I absolutely love that both he and Evan share a lot of BTS stuff involved in the production of the Transformers figs they work on. Too, they always give generous kudos to their Japanese designer counterparts at Takara-Tomy. Despite the distance and the language barrier, they seem to work very well together, and the confluence of both sides' contributions comes through in the production art they share, as well as what we see in the box.

I didn't go in on the Skystriker, as much as I was tempted to do so. It turned out gorgeous, I must say, and I'm envious of all who did get their copy(ies). The number of options they packed in with this thing is just amazing. I love that the engines can be removed (I've helped with that particular operation on B-1B bombers), and it's a really cool feature to add to the toy. The removable seats with actual packed-in chutes are another real-world touch that just sings to my soul, along with the retractable gear. The only thing that would have made the latter cooler is if they had allowed the front gear lower strut to have rotation for steering the plane on taxi. Alas, perhaps I ask too much. I'm gushing vicariously, and I sincerely hope that everyone who gets one or more enjoys the hell out of them.