G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

In many ways Hasbro makes me sick. That Skystriker should be on toy store shelves not in some Kickstarter for a big company. So called Social Media is part of the problem as well with these people selling the toy.

It's way too much as well. I can't remember but I don't think the original Skystriker was more than $50 retail back in the day. I don't care how much they are improving the design. The big playsets were around $100 if not a bit more. I remember because I wanted like many others the Flagg Aircraft Carrier and $100 was a lot for a toy even though it was huge. The Terror Drome was a bit cheaper. I guess if they did a Kickstarter for a modern Flagg it would be an absurd sum.

Edited by JetJockey

Looks like they are trying to get more of these Classified figures in stores. I saw some in a Walmart recently. Not a full selection like the old days of figures but I saw I think: Flint, Lady Jaye, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes (Origins version), Baroness (Origins version). I can't remember the rest. It was only one or two more.

I just remembered that I saw a retro Stalker which was way too much. Like over $20 for a small figure. More than the Classified figures. Also, a HISS tank I think.

Edited by JetJockey
Edit - remembered a few more.

I wish Hasbro would stop frakking around with the Skystriker and just sell us Joe figures. Nobody wants a Cobra Skystriker in Joe colors.

Also I guarantee the figures they release won't looks as good as the renders. Heck, they'll probably swap out parts for whatever molds they can find. Read the disclaimers.

They are pushing the Skystriker in the final days. Let's see what happens. I also can't believe it's that price and they include stickers. I remember a youtube reviewer being shocked when he saw stickers in the package on a high end toy.

• 1 month later...

Classified recolors---now they're *too* toony IMHO.  Reminds me of MP TF's-----"let's make them look as smooth and bland as possible, to get that cheap animation look".  

Like, I want my Gung-ho wearing blue as much as the next guy----just not bright neon blue and a giant 'stache.  And making EVERY strap the exact same blue?  Yeah, that was to simplify the animation and the original toy paint apps.  Don't do that nowadays   

I want SOME realism in my classified figs.  Use the toon and original figs for the colors, but not EXACTLY.  Don't color them so boldly and simply that now you're hiding all the details.   

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow two pack and was pleasantly surprised that Hasbro didn't just slap together these figures from whatever old molds they had on hand including the wrong parts like they have in the past. I guess they really are just recreating the molds completely.

I haven't removed them from package and can't speak to the build quality.