G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

Holy heck, I actually kinda like these.

They really stand in stark contrast to the gangly, overly-textured, super wrinkly action figures that we always get from Hasbro.

I might be the only one who believes there is a level of detail that looks ridiculous and distracting on action figures. These might even err on the side of too little detail, but I'll take it over the alternative where every figure must have random patches of mesh fabric and mall-ninja armor strewn about their body.

However the price is bonkers. I'd drop $60 on a vintage figure I wanted, but not these.

I'd also prefer it if they were 3 & 3/4 inch on throwback cards.

I have to agree, these look really great. They look so much like what I always wanted from a G.I.Joe toy. They look just like the classic cartoon designs that non of the previous toys ever had. I do think it’s odd they went with the b.a.t.s instead of a standard trooper, but they did a great job on it

I have to admit that I preordered the ultimates. I haven’t bought a G.I. Joe figure in a long time. I wasn’t that excited about most of the new ones since they didn’t really have the feel of the classic that I remember and when they came out they were stupid difficult to find. I know those are easier to get now, but the ultimate series may be pricey, but that Snake Eyes is what I remember from the old cartoon and never got as a kid. Even over the years they always try to make him more of a ninja than the comando he was in the original series. The Duke is also spot on as well as the other figures so far. Even the oddball laser looking pistols look like what I remember in the show. I’m old now, so my memory may be fuzzy on that last one though 

That flame toys Snake Eyes model kit actually looks pretty cool. It’s a bit pricey, but I think I’ll probably preorder it. Bbts just sent me an email about it. I’m kinda curious about the upcoming for Storm Shadow as well.

I know they’ve done kits for transformers, but haven’t paid much attention to those. But I kinda like character kits like Star Wars and wouldn’t mind G.I. Joe. 

• 2 months later...

Just pre-ordered the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow pack from Target.

Last time I pre-ordered from them, they didn't have enough stock and just canceled my order. I fully expect that to happen again, but at least I tried.

The real question is, why is Hasbro incapable of giving us a classic V2 Snake Eyes?