G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

9 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

It was a disaster.   Some Targets saying not until the 14th and others already gave their stock away days ago to scalpers and collectors who convinced them to ignore the release date.

I can just imagine how HASBLO (yes im bringing that back) will ruin the Alley Viper distribution.

Let's try an experiment:

Screenshot_20200802-100015_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200802-100218_eBay.jpg

Even before I submit; my offer is not good enough. I put it up to $50 each- surmising the scalpers value on the item. That amount didn't automatically populate an "increase your offer message."

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

45 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

There’s a chance that a regular release Cobra Trooper will be lighter blue or have different paint apps.

There's always a very good chance of that.

For many of us we have zero interest in color variants.  We just want the classic colors.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

There's always a very good chance of that.

For many of us we have zero interest in color variants.  We just want the classic colors.

The forearms, middle of his chest, and complete helmet can be blue and his complete boots can be black.

Went to a target looking for thundercracker n skywarp set came out with a beach head instead.  No sign of anything else. Employee checked in the back but I knew troopers were gone yesterday.  Popfindr seems to be more accurate on stock.

21 minutes ago, Negotiator said:

Went to a target looking for thundercracker n skywarp set came out with a beach head instead.  No sign of anything else. Employee checked in the back but I knew troopers were gone yesterday.  Popfindr seems to be more accurate on stock.

Unless a store got multiple cases each case is a solitary character only.  That means all they had was a Beachhead all they got was a Beachhead case.  Doesn't mean they had a single Trooper in store at all.

Found wave 1 at my local Target.   No tags for Cobra Island etc.  Picked up Snake Eyes, my first Classified figure.   

::edit::  Sword is ridiculously soft and rubbery, desperately need a hard plastic replacement so it doesn't droop.   Also, IMHO, the guns look worse in person.  Need authentic uzi or MAC-10 etc.   Would definitely buy a modern "battle pack" if it had real weapons and not sci-fi:

A9E0870C-EEF3-4659-A382-0EF4CA4572C0.jpeg

Those were so cool.  The OG Joe line was one of the best action figure line of all time.  

I plan to repaint a lot of the weapons.  A $4 can black krylon matte paint and an airbrush will do wonders.

Another good option are the weapons from little armory. 

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Found wave 1 at my local Target.   No tags for Cobra Island etc.  Picked up Snake Eyes, my first Classified figure.   

::edit::  Sword is ridiculously soft and rubbery, desperately need a hard plastic replacement so it doesn't droop.   Also, IMHO, the guns look worse in person.  Need authentic uzi or MAC-10 etc.   Would definitely buy a modern "battle pack" if it had real weapons and not sci-fi:

A9E0870C-EEF3-4659-A382-0EF4CA4572C0.jpeg

The accessories are definitely the weak point of this line, generally.  It's where you really feel the $20 price point.  

I don't mind the "sci-fi" aesthetic that much, but the super cheap plastic and no paint apps really drag the accessories down a notch.

So I hit up Target 1st thing this morning and nothing was on the shells and nothing was in stock despite the "street date." I'm just gonna cancel my Amazon orders of Cobra Commander and the red ninjas with storm shadow and sell the rest I have. There's no way the world I'm going through this mess.

I'll be selling;

Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock, Destro, Cobra Trooper, an Articulated Icons grey ninja and a slew of custom weapons. All figs with boxes and accessories for $140 shipped.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Roadblock is still online.  The others are showing in store availability in select stores.  I called one of the Target's in my area that was supposed to have the Cobra trooper and they can't find it.  What a cluster f#c% this has been!

Edited by Golden Arms

Was able to score (2) Roadblocks via online, in-store pickup. I've yet to see any of these in the wild. The collector in me wants a couple of Cobra Troopers, but if I don't get them then oh well, I honestly would have been content with just Snake Eyes in my collection.

-b.