G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:28 PM, sh9000 said:

Ok, so is this "regal variant" exclusive/rare, or are they just calling it that to distinguish it from the much lighter colored one?   I.E, will normal stores carry this one as a normal release?  Or will there be yet a third variant, that is to be the "mass-market" version? 

On 7/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, Mog said:

I thought the other darker blue (more akin to the Cobra Trooper/Cobra Officer Blue) is the mass release version? :unknw:

Which one's that?  So there are three?  ( light blue, dark blue w/gold, and another dark blue?)

::edit::  Yup, looks like three-----light blue with gold, dark blue with gold, dark blue with black/silver.  

Wanting the hooded Commander with the simpler outfit. 

Destro looks like the pimp all pimps aspire to be.

Gung-Ho is awesome. 

Arctic Storm Shadow looks cool but is terribly impractical. 

46 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Which one's that?  So there are three?  ( light blue, dark blue w/gold, and another dark blue?)

::edit::  Yup, looks like three-----light blue with gold, dark blue with gold, dark blue with black/silver.  

I thought it’s just two:  the lighter blue with gold weapons (exclusive) and the darker blue with silver weapons/fish (mass release).

Of course, if previous lines are any indication, there will eventually be about 3 billion versions of Cobra Commander. . . give or take. 

Yay.  Another HISS tank.  Yay.  Another AWE Striker.  Yay.

Someone wake me up when they reissue something remotely cool or fascinating like the Night Raven or the Thunderclap.   Hell I'd settle for a reissue of the COBRA Bugg over the HISS tank and the AWE...

Seconded---give us the Night Raven, cowards!   Or the Moray---pound-for-pound, the Moray is the best Cobra vehicle.   It's not THAT big, but it's top-tier stuff.  

The Mamba is a pipe-dream, AFAIK never had a re-release after the original, even the Night Raven got a recolor/reissue.    But a new Mamba---I'd clear a shelf for it...

On 7/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, Mog said:

Of course, if previous lines are any indication, there will eventually be about 3 billion versions of Cobra Commander. . . give or take. 

Glad to see my prediction was inaccurate. :rolleyes:

Hasbro should have shown more pics of that Cobra throne instead of the figure itself.

So, just some thoughts/questions for the group:

I've come close to selling off all my Joe stuff (which is 90% 25th/30th) several times----but now that there's new 50th stuff, and the fact that "there's plenty of characters they'll likely never get around to in 6in scale" I might as well keep it for now.  I did give away my vehicles to younger cousins etc.  (reissue Rattler and HISS).  That said--

Anyone have good guesses for future vehicle reissues?  Or will the HISS likely be a one-off?   While I'd love a Moray or Water Moccasin, I consider them unlikely.  (Night Raven even more so, on both counts---though from what I can find online, Hasbro did say the Night Raven mold still exists). Another Rattler? Skystriker?  Or just keep things small? (I dislike most smaller vehicles----twice as big is thrice as neat)

Chance of vehicles for 6in? Almost nil IMHO, and the largest possible thing even if done would be a HISS, and even that is likely too large. And nobody wants a 6in scale trouble bubble IMHO.  

On 7/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, Mog said:

So, where can I find Renegades episodes and Resolute?

Renegades is also on Tubi.  Resolute wasn't easy to find when it was new, almost impossible nowadays AFAIK.  

:edit: Oh hey, Tubi has Resolute, too, I haven't seen it in years, will definitely watch tonight.   

I see Sigma 6 and looks like the DiC series, too.  I think they have EVERYTHING but the 86 movie...

8 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

So, just some thoughts/questions for the group:

I've come close to selling off all my Joe stuff (which is 90% 25th/30th) several times----but now that there's new 50th stuff, and the fact that "there's plenty of characters they'll likely never get around to in 6in scale" I might as well keep it for now.  I did give away my vehicles to younger cousins etc.  (reissue Rattler and HISS).  That said--

Anyone have good guesses for future vehicle reissues?  Or will the HISS likely be a one-off?   While I'd love a Moray or Water Moccasin, I consider them unlikely.  (Night Raven even more so, on both counts---though from what I can find online, Hasbro did say the Night Raven mold still exists). Another Rattler? Skystriker?  Or just keep things small? (I dislike most smaller vehicles----twice as big is thrice as neat)

Chance of vehicles for 6in? Almost nil IMHO, and the largest possible thing even if done would be a HISS, and even that is likely too large. And nobody wants a 6in scale trouble bubble IMHO.  

All you have to do is look at the Star Wars 6" line and see how few vehicle releases they've had over the years in that scale.

In regards to the 3.75' scale vehicles, I think our best bet is for HasLab to pull off something.  It'd be bonkers if they did a full, mocked-up USS Flagg.  But a Night Raven updated to fit the 25th line and a few other improvements would be something feasible.

What about the updated Sky Strikers from about a decade ago?

Yes, I know they switched it to a single-seater.  And I wish they mirror-imaged more of the stickers.

But I liked that they switched up the tailfins from grey to black.  And they kept them reasonably priced.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

What about the updated Sky Strikers from about a decade ago?

Yes, I know they switched it to a single-seater.  And I wish they mirror-imaged more of the stickers.

But I liked that they switched up the tailfins from grey to black.  And they kept them reasonably priced.

I meant update as in "all new mold".  Not a "tweaked" existing mold.  There was a TON of stuff from ROC etc, that "closely resembled old stuff, and had a very similar or same name, but just wasn't as good".  

Hmmn---the Cobra Trooper looks good, but ironically---TOO good?  As in, if he's got that many pads, and a silver mask----what will they do for the Viper? (as in, I always feel that Vipers should look noticeably cooler and better-protected than the trooper, the trooper should be rather "simple" in design IMHO)   

And, well, guess my question about vehicles got answered.  :)  

Question for the weapon people---I know guns are often painted/camo'd, and I feel the crossbow is OK that way too---but is a solid green knife realistic?  I've seen colored blades before, but don't recall "camo green on stuff that's actually used in combat/heavy-duty purposes".  

::edit::  Yeesh, the Baroness' weapons suck.   Sniper rifle or semi-auto rifle.   Might have to just steal all the trooper's weapons...

I’m thinking Hasbro could upgrade Clutch from the VAMP to an armored Humvee.

Would seat more Joes, and give them a light fast moving ground vehicle with some protection.

Also, that Cobra trooper looks alright.  Should have made the Cobra chest emblem part of the vest, instead of being separated.  Doesn’t make sense to look like body armor and nothing is covering up the chest.  Would tie up the look of the whole figure better too.

Edited by Mog