Rest in Peace Robert Conrad

Dynaman

Yeah, I was humming the theme to WWW this evening off & on after hearing about this. Did he ever offer his opinion of Will Smith's remake?

I used to watch Black Sheep Squadron a lot as a kid. They weren’t the original run, but the syndicated repeats. It was before cable or internet streaming, so there weren’t too many options for tv on the weekends. I think it came on early Sundays when I was watching it and really liked it as a kid. And yeah that opening was unforgettable.

17 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

This is what I know him best from. I can still hear the air raid siren from the opening in my head. Rest in peace. :(

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I used to watch Black Sheep Squadron a lot as a kid. They weren’t the original run, but the syndicated repeats. It was before cable or internet streaming, so there weren’t too many options for tv on the weekends. I think it came on early Sundays when I was watching it and really liked it as a kid. And yeah that opening was unforgettable.

This one's for you folks, as well as Mr. Conrad. Rest in peace, sir:

I grew up watching Wild, Wild West. I'm not a fan of Westerns, per se, but the 'James Bond set in the old West' approach, with a bit of steampunk (before steampunk was a thing) thrown in made it a cool show.  The Will Smith movie did it poor justice, although they get points for the steam operated giant spider mech. Anyway, Mr. Conrad was the real James West; he brought a coolness to the role that made the show engaging. That's my lasting memory of him, and it's good. RIP Mr. Conrad.

• azrael locked this topic