• 1 month later...

This post will probably be unpopular, but here it goes.

I consider myself a car nut, (or at least I was in my younger days).  Was big into car culture back in the late 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, went to more than a few Tokyo Auto Salons, owned two NSXs, drove my fair share of GT-Rs, Supras, RX-7s, 300ZXs, GTOs....and I have never watched a single one of these movies in it's entirety.  

I got about 15 - 20 minutes of the first one then binned it. 

Car culture wasn't anything like that where I grew up (Canada), and it certainly wasn't even close to that in Japan.

I don't know if the subsequent films got better, but I thought the first one was garbage.

7 minutes ago, peter said:

I don't know if the subsequent films got better

They did not. <_<

Honestly, the only film franchise that's objectively worse, start-to-finish, is Friday the 13th.

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

They did not. <_<

Honestly, the only film franchise that's objectively worse, start-to-finish, is Friday the 13th.

Lol, good to know. I was excited at the thought of seeing GT-Rs on the big screen, but when I saw the neon lights, the NOS and the attitude, it was a big WTF moment.

There's more value watching un-subtitled Best Motoring or Options videos.  

• sh9000 changed the title to Fast and Furious 9 to Infinity
  • 9 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:47 PM, tekering said:

They did not. <_<

Eh, unpopular opinion, maybe, but I actually like the newer ones better.  The original ones tried to hard to be serious but not only are they not trying to be serious now, they're not even pretending.  They flew a car into space in the last one!  These movies play out like a kid on a sugar rush playing with Hot Wheels, and I'm there for that.

• azrael changed the title to Fast and Furious 9
  • sh9000 changed the title to Fast X

While the Trailer looks entertaining, I couldn't help but giggle and cringe at some of the scenes.  If Jason Mamoa's character is so badass, why wasn't he turned loose on the crew once they torched the first stack of money that led to the vault heist?  It's not like Bryan and Dom were subtle with winning new cars to try and find the right ones for the job; this film even does a call back to that very street scene.  If Dom and company took this dude's entire fortune, how is he funding this uber revenge plot?  Granted he still has a network he could tap into, but on that side of the fence, nothing is done with or for a promise of better riches, needs proof in the pudding.  Are we simply seeing the Letty story reused with the return of Giselle in this film?  Why would Bryan allow his wife to get involved if he's not? Will wait until it's free to stream.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...