I miss the more grounded atmosphere of the first couple FnF movies.

Granted, that particular cultural zeitgeist of early 2000's tuner culture is dead, but it made for a more unique experience than "superhero movie but with cars", which the recent ones have leaned towards.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, AN/ALQ128 said:

Granted, that particular cultural zeitgeist of early 2000's tuner culture is dead, but it made for a more unique experience than "superhero movie but with cars", which the recent ones have leaned towards.

I agree about the unique experience thing, so I understand where you're coming from. But despite being in my early 20s in the early 2000s the tuner culture here in Western PA was less serious street racing and more posers slapping some neon and fart cans on beater Civics, and the early F&F films really didn't resonate with me. I found the franchise to be more enjoyable after it devolved into ludicrously over-the-top  summer action movies.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, AN/ALQ128 said:

The thing about the original movie nobody ever brings up is that it was beat for beat a remake of Point Break but with cars.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 2:05 AM, anime52k8 said:

The thing about the original movie nobody ever brings up is that it was beat for beat a remake of Point Break but with cars.

:blink:

Oh wow, you're right!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

At what point in did they make the jump from Illegal Street Racers to International Crime Fighting Force of Street Racers?

I haven't seen all the movies and the ones I saw was out of order.

I think when they brought the Rock in.

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

At what point in did they make the jump from Illegal Street Racers to International Crime Fighting Force of Street Racers?

I haven't seen all the movies and the ones I saw was out of order.

That would be Fast 5. Ironically, the best installment in the whole series is the one that started their downfall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...