Your top 25 Collectibles of the Decade (2010-2019)

Mommar

Another decade is down.  2010 to 2019, what are your top picks you've come back around to again and again?

This isn't a ranked order, they're numbered in the order I thought of them.

25 - Monsterarts Godzilla (1964) Appear ver - just love the looks of it. Like a little guy in a rubber suit
just rolled around in the dirt.

24 - Marvel Legends Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man. Except for some goofy hips it still looks great,
and those goofy hips still make it the most flexible Spider-Man they’ve released so far.

23 - Marvel Legends Wolverine/Hulk Hulk.  Best Comic Hulk to come yet!

22 - Marvel Legends Nightcrawler. I own five of these. The only real limitation is the lack of a sword
wielding left hand (I don’t care about bendy tail but a ball-jointed tail would have done wonders.).
Turn one hand upside down and it works well enough as a dual blade wielding Kurt.

21 - Black Series Storm Trooper. Bandai’s most recent Figuarts ANH version beats it in proportions/looks
but these old troopers were perfect for the time. Articulate great. Still look good today. I own six
of these things.

20 - Bandai DX Chogokin VF-31A. Nailed the look. It may be my favorite Macross toy of any company. The
only downsides are the missing Supers/Armor releases and the pre-order clusterfrakk where people were still
waiting for their shipments over a year later.  This thing gets swooshed more than any other.

19 - Mezco One:12 Deluxe Punisher. I received the modern Captain America and classic Daredevil figures
before this and liked them alright. Enough to try buying a few more. This Punisher absolutely sold me on
the line. Tiny cocking hand guns (which have since been phased out) were an incredible addition. Mezco
have had several misses since then but this proved the strength of the line in my eyes.

18 - Bandai SH Figuarts Infinity War Hulk. Bandai finally got it right, and they made the perfect Movie
Hulk too.

17 - Neca Movie Ninja Turtles (all four of them). They look like miniature turtles from the movies. Some
articulation is limited but the actors in the suits would have told you the same thing.

16 - Mafex Amazing Spider-Man Comic Version. Mark Bagely perfection. Most fun to pose. Best Spider-Man figures
I own. Only downside, the webbing accessories are too flimsy and cannot be left on the shelf without going flaccid.

15 - Mafex Venom. Same as above. Best Venom out there if you're into his classic look.

14 - Bandai Movie Realization Storm Trooper. It just looks incredible. Little paint details make this thing pop.
There's about a million iterations of the basic Storm Trooper and they all look incredible. Unfortunately
Bandai saw the reuse standard set by Hasbro's Bucky Cap mold and decided to blow it out of the water by basing their
entire line on a single mold, also making it one of the easiest to pirate in the process.

13 - Mezco One:12 6 Ronin Logan. Who knew that a version of Wolverine from a not terribly great mini-series nobody
knew about would end up being the best Logan figure released by Mezco and a pretty great example how to make a six
inch figure with soft goods.

12 - Bandai Hi-Metal R Monster. It's a beast. And they got it right the first crack too.

11 - SH Figuarts x DX Chogokin Hulkbuster Mk. 1 - My brother came to visit, walked in, spotted this thing from across
the room and exclaimed, "woah, you can tell that thing is quality" and he doesn't give a damn about figures. True,
Comicave crammed in more lights, etc, but this thing has a better finish IMO and fits the scale of the rest of the
figures perfectly.

10 - Eaglemoss Star Trek Starships USS Bonaventure. A perfect recreation of a great fan design taken from a calendar
from way back in 2006. And I am so happy Eaglemoss ran out of official ships so they could do these wackier designs.

09 - Revoltech Wolverine. Fun to pose. Odd proportions but they work in a video game setup quite well.

08 - Figma Twilight Princess Link. Lots of accessories, lots of options. Lots of fun to pose. And I'm a Nintendo
fan boy too.

07 - Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Thing. Hasbro absolutely nailed the look of The Thing and he poses exceptionally
well for such a large, bulky figure too.

06 - Marvel Legends Sauron BAF. I've never had as much fun as I have had posing Sauron and the paint and sculpt are
fantastic for a Hasbro release.

05 - SH Figuarts Vega. He looks and moves exactly like his video game counterpart. Removeable claws and mask mean he can
mimic all of his looks. The additional included fence gives even more options. He's just a lot of fun to pose.

04 - Bandai Hi-Metal R Regult. Macross enemy Mecha are next to impossible to come by and Bandai managed to nail the look
and feel of the Regult perfectly. It's as fun to pose as a chicken-walking egg could be.

03 - Mezco One:12 Popeye. Mezco managed to convince me to buy a Popeye figure. And it's a crap-ton of fun to pose.

02 - Bandai Movie Realization Jango Fett. Great paint, sculpt. Perfect dull metallic finish. Not a bad pose on this guy.

01 - Sentinel 1:12 Mospaeda Stick. Yeah, we just discovered a massive flaw in the design and all of ours have cracked hinges
which sucks big-time. Even still ever since I first got Stick every time I've looked up at my shelf and saw him armored up
with those missile launchers attached to his forearms I've been impressed and genuinely happy to finally have a piece of
early childhood sitting on the shelf looking incredible.
Edited by Mommar

My pics would be any of the non transforming HMR releases. Those are my favorites and would fill my top spots and I would have a hard time picking a number one. It would probably be really close but the monster would probably slightly edge out the top spot, followed by a tie between the Regults and Glaug then the spartan and defender. Toys have come a long way in recent years, but sometimes nostalgia plays a big part. There were some really cool items though, but as far as items I would be heartbroken to lose, it’s definitely those macross items. I really hope we get more in the coming years 

I don't collect a lot that isn't Transformers (licensed or unlicensed), so my list is probably a little boring.

25. Power Rangers Lightning Collection White Ranger

24. Power Rangers Lightning Collection SDCC-exclusive Gold Ranger and Red Ranger

23. Power Rangers Lightning Collection Green Ranger and Putty

22. Star Wars Black Series Darth Vader helmet

21. Fans Hobby Archenemy

20. Gigapower Gaudentor

19. Gigapower Superator

18. Fans Hobby Power Baser

17. Gigapower Grassor

16. Gigapower Guttur

15. Gigapower Graviter

14. Cloud 9 Quakeblast

13. Unique Toys Challenger

12. MP-13 Soundwave

11. Hasbro/Takara Titans Return Trypticon

10. Maketoys Utopia

9. Planet X Vulcan

8. Fans Hobby Double Evil

7. Fans Toys Phoenix

6. DX9 Gabriel

5. DX9 Carry

4. SoC Dairugger/Voltron

3. MP-10 Masterpiece Optimus Prime (yes, there are better versions now, but they feel like they're bringing Prime to a more modern standard, while MP-10 blew everything away that came before it)

2. Action Toys Bike Robo DX

1. SOC Golion/Voltron

Was the Yamato SDF-1 from DYRL in this decade? I can't remember. That would have to be up there for sure just for sheer coolness factor.   I agree that Hi -Metal R stuff should be high on the list. Not the Valks, but the enemy mech and the destroids.  MP-36 Megatron??? (that's debatable)/ MP Soundwave for sure. Also TE-01 Prime / Magic Square Prime.  Toping it should be SOC GoLion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron with an honerable mention the the DX-31 toys. 

Even though I never bought it, I’d have to mention Feral Rex.

That impressive combiner really made me take notice of the third party offerings, how they could fill niches that Hasbro/Takara wouldn’t be doing anytime soon.