I could see them trying to introduce a younger team of GBs but still focusing on the original remaining actors. But it will be different. There have been too many years in between for it not to be, but that's not important. What is, is the feel of the movie. That buddy/buddy/buddy/buddy feeling, where you can tell they care for each other but rip on each other intelligently and in ways that showcase and progress their personal relationships.

If they can do that again, then I don't cariof the main plot is overly complex or incredibly simple, just as long as it holds water.

Edited by Thom

On 2/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, renegadeleader1 said:

The Ghostbusters 2016 failed for the same reason the 1998 Godzilla movie, the live action Dragon Ball, and the Super Mario Bros all failed. The idiots in charge didn't understand the original material(or didn't care) and decided to make their own vision instead, and hoped the built in audience would be dumb enough to just show up.

I agree with your take. There seems to be a lot of that unfortunately when it comes to adapting pop culture/comics/manga, you name it. In the case of Ghostbusters the reboot, they got so much wrong I don't know where to start.

Not too excited about this upcoming sequel, but it cannot be much worse, IMO.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:01 AM, Thom said:

I could see them trying to introduce a younger team of GBs.....

3 seconds in, the "Meh" part of the story already shows up :p

Let's face it, what's killing movies is franchising, hell, the Terminator "Franchise" consists of more wrecks than a Thai railroad accident

Man, I'd pay good money for Mad Max in Beyond Thunderdome, to walk into the distance and never be seen again "The End"

Or Bilbao Baggins getting killed in the first movie, but noooo, they had to make 2 more movies and turn his character into probably one of the worst leads in movie history:rofl:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Already looks better than the "reboot"...:rolleyes:

Well, yeah... but that's like saying "a better love story than Twilight".  Anything looks good compared to that.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

LOL....even if it has "some" of the old cast...it still can suck!  

that's true!  The second one had the entire cast and it sucked...   I'm looking forward to seeing the old gang again (or most of them at any rate).  I don't remember if Rick Moranis was coming out of retirement for this one.

Doesn't look like it has much comedy in it, maybe Paul Rudd will bring that to the table, he can be a pretty funny dude, but the tone of the trailer didn't scream comedy to me.

Edited by peter