At the rate movies go these days, especially sequels I have minimal confidence in this one. Seeing Gil Kenan as a writer, I'm going in with very low expectations that this Stranger Things meets Ghostbusters doesn't have dreadful one-liners or moments of "Don't ask how that's possible, just turn off your brain". 

That said, I truly hope to be pleasantly surprised. I'd prefer that from being disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Dan Aykroyd. Come on, no one recognized his voice? lol

Lol, I had a feeling it was one of the originals.

Nice touch.

2 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Weird seeing a Spielberg-ian style movie constantly invoke imagery and sometimes even footage from a comedy of a different genre.

If I see this at all it'll be on home video. Not going to pay theatre prices for "Remember this?" the movie.

It's funny you say that because the humor and tone of the original film was closer in line to that of the Indiana Jones trilogy especially The Last Crusade than a straight up comedy of the times like Stripes, Caddy Shack, The Three Amigos, or Spies Like Us

Given that Dan Akroyd, the guy who came up with the idea in the first place and wrote/co-wrote the first two films has a writing credit on this movie, it's coming from a pretty reliable source. Ivan Reitman's son is directing; I'm sure Jason had his father's counsel to lean on, and hopefully his great sense of humor, to maintain continuity in look and feel.

And by revolving the plot around the late Egon's grandchildren, there's a nice tribute there to the impact Harold Ramis, RIP good sir, had on the original films. Looks like they've got a good cast in  place, both originals, and new, to carry the torch. I'm looking forward to it.:good:

On 7/27/2021 at 6:44 PM, crackpot said:

So the Stranger Things kids got actual proton packs now? 😉

Would have been an interesting cross-over/plot twist.....the kids of stranger things turned out to be the children of the original GB, lol!

Nice to see Annie Potts is still cute as heck. Paul Rudd is great in anything so that's a plus.

Getting a bit tired of Finn Wolfhard being in all these 80's throwbacks.

Well...I guess it can't be worse than Ghostbusters 2.

2 hours ago, danth said:

Nice to see Annie Potts is still cute as heck. Paul Rudd is great in anything so that's a plus.

Getting a bit tired of Finn Wolfhard being in all these 80's throwbacks.

Well...I guess it can't be worse than Ghostbusters 2.

Yeah Annie looks great. She’s on Young Sheldon and has looked great there too.

Chris

19 hours ago, danth said:

Nice to see Annie Potts is still cute as heck.

See Corvette Summer if you hadn't yet, she was really cute and young in it. Also starred a very young, pre-Wampa mauled, Mark Hamill too. Kinda cheesy for today's audience but worth checking out to see those two in their very early roles.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

See Corvette Summer if you hadn't yet, she was really cute and young in it. Also starred a very young, pre-Wampa mauled, Mark Hamill too. Kinda cheesy for today's audience but worth checking out to see those two in their very early roles.

Ha! I remember watching that as a kid. Cool car to my kiddie eyes (still is), and it had LUKE!! 

Though, I was always confused about the scene with Potts' character in the pool...:shok:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wand is $125... 

The backpack it attaches to is $400 (provided at least 7000 people pre-order one)...

Presumably, the hose to connect the wand to the backpack will cost an additional $75, and will be a Hasbro Pulse exclusive. <_<

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hasbro Pulse 1/1 Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand
US$124.99

June 2022 Release

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-spengler-s-neutrona-wand-premium-collectible

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__1_f7db7eb0-74cd-4295-a042-f571c30c8795_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__2_989469ae-5300-4f34-b351-b3ceb5194863_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__3_6d53997c-4410-439a-8f91-9613a69b9327_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__4_9a2dfc1f-52a3-4ced-a7ae-eaf7c3c4350a_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__6_71f9bf55-9af1-4758-a73c-ab1c5fad9c51_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__7_c393d81e-e3cf-437b-af47-0bac4e35bf1f_2000x.jpg

E9562_PROD_GHB_PS_Neutrona_Wand__MAIN_ba879412-c61f-4b78-b054-8585d7250c80_2000x.jpg

Neat, updated wand from the original?  Looks like it has the corn cob Remington 870 wood pump grip.

• 2 weeks later...