I'm down to watch that.  I didn't absolutely mind the reboot of a few years ago so much as I minded that it wasn't connected to actual original GB continuity.  If this is, and that's what it sounds like, I think it's already on a more solid footing.

Now if they can only get that Reitman/Ackroyd comic sensibility that the reboot was lacking. That will be the icing on the cake.

Anyways, remember not to cross your streams.

Unless of course, you're forced to.

2 hours ago, Mazinger said:

A teaser is already up.  Or is it a teaser.  Just how much has been done already?

As they're aiming for a 2020 release, I hope they've already finished most of the script!

I'm tempted to guess that this teaser (of a teaser) is a test run for the special effects and mood of the cinematography (and as for music, sound effects, and props, it's not like those ceased to exist after GB2! :lol: )

Edited by sketchley

Oh, FECK YEAH!!

Although if that was just a 'test run' then it was already better than any of the trailers for the reboot! And I mention trailers because I haven't even seen that one yet.

The atmosphere of it was just perfect and the music cues just gave me the good willies!:D

Edited by Thom

5 hours ago, Mazinger said:

A teaser is already up.  Or is it a teaser.  Just how much has been done already?

Nice teaser of a teaser. ;)

But for some weird reasons while watching this I was hoping to see the DeLorean instead because of the barn and the lightning. ^_^

Won't be the same without Harold Ramis, in front or behind the camera. While I like Jeff Goldblum, I'm not sure I'd care for him as a fill in. It'd be better, I think, if Egon died and they payed some fitting tribute to him in the movie.

What's sad is that Bill Murray, who I assume is going to reprise his role as Peter Venkman, likely wouldn't have agreed to do the movie if Mr. Ramis was still with us and was going to be in it, as apparently he had a falling out with Ramis, and holds a grudge.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, especially if Dan Aykroyd is part of the writing team. Just this trailer evokes the original films, so if they can keep that going...:good:

11 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

confirmed: Ernie Hudson confirms he and surviving co-stars Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray WILL reprise their roles in third film installment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6600459/Ernie-Hudson-confirms-original-Ghostbusters-cast-return-new-film.html?fbclid=IwAR3S1ZhTBqM0Zx1Y6Cuq0owFtBUAaVz9asJzY567kd1X4lUxXGqkllSOsCM

Great news! 

Hudson says everyone's in, and Akroyd separately confirmed he's interested.  Reitman is obviously a big fan besides being the son of the original director.  And it can't be any worse than the 2016 film.  So I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 minute ago, JB0 said:

Oh ye of little faith. 

Ok, fine, it's not impossible.  Just highly improbable.  I had the misfortune of seeing the 2016 film, and it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.  It was worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.  Even if the new Ghostbusters was gutter trash there's a good chance Dan Aykroyd will be in it, and that will be at least one redeeming quality.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, M'Kyuun said:

What's sad is that Bill Murray, who I assume is going to reprise his role as Peter Venkman, likely wouldn't have agreed to do the movie if Mr. Ramis was still with us and was going to be in it, as apparently he had a falling out with Ramis, and holds a grudge.

The only thing I know of is Murray had no problem to do another GB, IF the script was comparable in quality to the first one

Describing Aykroyd and Ramis "On top of their game" for that one, but not showing the same level on later scripts of GB offered to him

(and after GBII, you can't blame him for wanting something better)

I stand corrected after some reading

Edited by Nightbat

On 1/20/2019 at 9:05 PM, mikeszekely said:

Ok, fine, it's not impossible.  Just highly improbable.  I had the misfortune of seeing the 2016 film, and it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.  It was worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.  Even if the new Ghostbusters was gutter trash there's a good chance Dan Aykroyd will be in it, and that will be at least one redeeming quality.

Ohhh....there's another movie I didn't bother watcthing.....Dragon Ball.  The trailers told me enough that it would be a waste of my money.  Same for the 2016 GB film.

I didn't like GB2, so I hope this new film redeems that one as well.

And it looks like there's some news regarding this upcoming film and the 2016 one....

2016 Ghostbusters didn't work. That's no one else's fault but those behind the reboot. If she can't deal with that, then that's too fecking bad.

Plus, as stated in the clip, their's was a freaking reboot anyway! People want the original.

Here's about as much as I want to see of the '16 GB.

Edited by Thom

On 1/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, Thom said:

2016 Ghostbusters didn't work. That's no one else's fault but those behind the reboot. If she can't deal with that, then that's too fecking bad.

Plus, as stated in the clip, their's was a freaking reboot anyway! People want the original.

Here's about as much as I want to see of the '16 GB.

From what I saw in that video, I know I made the right choice not to watch this movie.....talk about a lot of bad choices when they made that, lol!  I feel bad for anyone who actually paid money to watch it.

The Ghostbusters 2016 failed for the same reason the 1998 Godzilla movie, the live action Dragon Ball, and the Super Mario Bros all failed. The idiots in charge didn't understand the original material(or didn't care) and decided to make their own vision instead, and hoped the built in audience would be dumb enough to just show up.

15 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

The Ghostbusters 2016 failed for the same reason the 1998 Godzilla movie, the live action Dragon Ball, and the Super Mario Bros all failed. The idiots in charge didn't understand the original material(or didn't care) and decided to make their own vision instead, and hoped the built in audience would be dumb enough to just show up.

They also alienated any fanbase except the one they wanted to cater to

They pulled a "let the past die" on the original fans without being so blatant as putting it in the script

But, I'm sceptical of the new one, I wanna see the old gang again, but it's gonna be gimped without Egon, and it's hard to live up to the legacy even IF it's the gang we love

GB2 wasn't what we wished for either, and many 'One last Time' sequels have been pretty "Meh"

Edited by Nightbat