N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

did live chat, person never answered lul

3 more days and I am filing PP claim.

Chalking up the 6/2019 DYRL Supers order for 11000 yen as a total loss. Sad because I'd been a loyal customer for 9 years.

Edited by Duymon

Just had my 2nd chat in about 4 days.  They said someone will email me ASAP so I guess I'll be live chatting with them in a couple days.  Got like $650 in outstanding orders from them.  I've given up on the Strike Parts but I need my Kakizaki.  I even have some Gundam 0083 Robot Spirits  that I'm will to forget it I can just Kakizaki.

3 hours ago, ps99042 said:

Can someone tell me how long shipping takes by ferry?  I had NY ship my DX Missile Set on October 29 but no shipping update after that...

Usually takes ~3months, so might show up in the next few weeks.

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Usually takes ~3months, so might show up in the next few weeks.

Usually it does... but I pointed out in the Arcadia thread that there's currently a worldwide shortage of ferry vessels because unloading boats is taking way long due to Covid. Soooo... right now it may be longer.

11 hours ago, ps99042 said:

Can someone tell me how long shipping takes by ferry?  I had NY ship my DX Missile Set on October 29 but no shipping update after that...

I had my last shipment from NY done by ferry on 10/29 as well. Nothing for me yet either so I'm hanging on to hope as well. Because then I'll be done with them. :)

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Usually it does... but I pointed out in the Arcadia thread that there's currently a worldwide shortage of ferry vessels because unloading boats is taking way long due to Covid. Soooo... right now it may be longer.

Great feedback.

Also, remember there was that one giant cargo vessel that lost a ton of containers en-route.  Would really suck, but it's possible some of the shipments people have been waiting for were lost at sea.

Edited by Chronocidal

41 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, remember there was that one giant cargo vessel that lost a ton of containers en-route.  Would really suck, but it's possible some of the shipments people have been waiting for were lost at sea.

I thought of that as well, but technically it left customs before that happened. Anyone have any idea how to check?

On 1/11/2021 at 7:07 AM, ErikElvis said:

Ugh this pisses me off. They owe me about $400 worth of super and strike parts. 

Same for me.  I’ve tried opening cases and doing their chat and the result has been jack shite.   Even if you pursue store credit, form others’ experiences they only try to squeeze more shipping out of you for some other item that will not actually ship either.  I hope they implode soon.

I let my order sit way too long.  I have so much in credit and outstanding orders; I should have done a charge back ages ago but I gave them the benefit of the doubt which was a mistake.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I let my order sit way too long.  I have so much in credit and outstanding orders; I should have done a charge back ages ago but I gave them the benefit of the doubt which was a mistake.

Same boat... I didn't realize just how much the wheels had come off over there. Since they rolled my order into the second round of parts, my chargeback deadline was eons ago.

Yep, never got my 3 orders of movie SSP from them.  I did manage to get $100 back from the CC company (on a $300 order), so in the unlikely event I actually get something from NY, I could technically come out ahead.

I bug them every couple weeks and just get the same run around BS.  From the sound of it, they probably have well over $10k of just MWF members' money, without any product to show for it.  Maybe the whole "take orders you can't actually fulfill" way of business finally collapsed for them during COVID.

The whole thing kinda soured me on Macross collecting for a while (combined with Bandai's usual shenanigans and COVID supply issues).  At this point I don't have any real hope of ever getting anything, but I'll keep bothering them as long as they are around.

So N-Y still shipped one of my remaining orders (PBandai gunpla kit) even when I filed a PP dispute on an order before that (also a kit, and no response or change of status for almost two months, and also haven't banned me yet). Basically just followed-up as it's supposed to be released the last week of December and also to ask if there's a need to change shipping as the one selected has been suspended. Surprised they quickly replied and provided the options. I chose Ferry and the difference was turned to store credits (just 7 bucks) and they got shipped the same day. Granted, this is a lesser value item which is much easier to get compared to Macross stuff.  Anyway, let's see if the actual item gets delivered in 2/3 months (who knows, at this point won't be surprised if NY resorted to some delivery shenanigans)

Hello, I am also a longtime NY customer.  I haven't had issues in the past and was really hoping they would deliver on my recent TV SSP order.  I ordered the Bandai 1/48 TV SSPs  in August and paid in full.  I got confirmation from NY that they were to be released on Dec. 23.  I messaged them on Jan. 10 but no response up until now.  Since I am just in the Paypal dispute window, I opened a paypal and upgraded to a claim.  Hopefully I can get the item or my money back.

Edited by vf1
Updated

Man I hate this store now.

So after everything I already described, they returned my store credit portion of my purchase (as store credit)  and then made the difference in shipping from the original UPS method (that they didn’t do) to Ferry, also as store credit! The remaining amount hasn’t been refunded or even made as credit either. Store credit is absolutely useless with them as they refuse to ship anything, whether it’s using expensive UPS shipping or slow but cheap Ferry. They still have our money. It worries me as PayPal may say that the store is doing something by giving store credit and deny the dispute. Even though, as I said, they effectively won’t let you use the store credit they give you as they don’t ship anything. I tried to explain all this to PayPal when I escalated the claim. I hope whoever reviews it understands what I tried to explain.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Had my third live chat in 3 weeks.  This time the rep said they have no info about item releases other than what the site says (I was asking why my Kakizaki hasn't shipped and she said it was waiting to be released even though she could see the site says October 2020).  She said they get hundreds of tickets a day so they're really busy.  Obviously a way to decrease that would be to actually ship items or be up front with customers.  Still, she said I should file ANOTHER ticket so it would at the top of the list which makes no sense to me but I got nothing else to lose...

I just got the DX VF-1S Hikaru they shipped on October 22nd by surface so there is hope for those that also had stuff shipped to them by surface. I'm still not sure if I want to place an order with them with the $230 credit I still have. I've never bought anything from them other than Macross items. 

1 hour ago, stormshadow0621 said:

I just got store credit for two orders I had with them...   In two separate discount codes.   Anyone know if the codes can be combined to one order...  Also, is ferry the only shipping option really available to US?  

Thanks.

They told me you can combine the codes as I had two codes. Ferry just seems to be the more reliable one to me to the US with them. From what I have read here, if you choose a service that would supposedly be faster, the status remains as being processed for a long time. 

So, I just live chatted with Nippon-Yasan support... again... inquiring about my Super/Strike parts pre-order that I have been waiting over a year for them to ship.

This time the support person said my order was sent to the fulfillment center handled by Japan Post.

I asked, "Why does my order status still show 'Preparation in Progress'?  Why is the most recent status update still dated September 2020."

The chat support person said "Oh. I just noticed that too."

I asked , "When was my order sent to the fulfillment center?  Why hasn't the order status been updated?  Why have I not been sent any tracking information?"

The chat support person could not answer any of these questions and went quiet on me.  All I got back was a canned response saying "I'm sorry to hear that. The team is very busy and they get hundreds of tickets every day. Someone will answer your ticket as soon as they check the follow-up." that they copied and pasted into every past chat conversation I have had with them.

I think this chat support person just lied to me, and tried to get me to go away by telling me my order got sent to the fulfillment center when there is evidence to indicate this is actually the case.

I am never trusting this store ever again.

I imagine the online support is a third-party service that probably services hundreds of stores and has almost no association with NY other than NY paying them to tell people how to use their website. Beyond that, if you have a real problem, all they can do is tell you to make a ticket to the real customer support or snow you.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I imagine the online support is a third-party service that probably services hundreds of stores and has almost no association with NY other than NY paying them to tell people how to use their website. Beyond that, if you have a real problem, all they can do is tell you to make a ticket to the real customer support or snow you.

I have multiple tickets open, some dating back several months.  They just sit there, unanswered.  *sigh*

The urging of their live chat to keep sending tickets is probably not doing them any favors, as I'm sure they're buried in them.  I've had one ticket marked "Resolved" without getting any actual response, and I've pointed that out in the follow-up.. which has also gone unanswered.  

Checkout their facebook page for a real hoot.  So many pissed off customers asking them to respond to tickets regarding un-shipped orders.

What a bunch of crap.

The chat service is worthless, as many have noted.  They (the chat) told me they do not have the authority to give me store credit, only the "support team" can.  They basically can't do anything of value; just point you back to the ticketing system.

From the outside looking in, it seems like NY is a Ponzi scheme that has reached its end-game.  Maybe we'll all get something from them, but I don't have high hopes at this point.  Those of us that ordered movie super parts will never see them from NY; we'll just be lucky to get store credit and some kind of product in hand at this point.

After opening a Paypal claim, I received a refund for the TV SSP after two weeks from Paypal.  I have shopped with them for about 8 years and haven't had any issues, but for the Paypal claim, they didn't even bother responding.  I missed the window for the 2nd wave of TV SSP and will now have to resort to the secondary market to find them.  For anyone on the fence, they are definitely not the same as they were years ago.  I'd recommend staying away.  I made the mistake of trusting them, but I should have ordered a TV SSP elsewhere just in case.  For those that have open tickets with them, I hope you can get some resolution even it's other products from them if they won't provide a refund directly.

On December 15th I bought a unit of the DX VF-1J (it is still in stock these days), I spent like 600 Dollars, they never sent it, I opened like 10 tickets about it, without answers. They only answered me the last one I opened and they gave me only excuses. I have already contacted VISA and apparently they will refund my money. I will never buy from Nippon Yasan again, no matter what happens to the company from now on. A shame

Well PayPal came through....probably because N-Y never responded to them or couldn’t give a reasonable  response. At any rate I got a FULL refund which includes the money I spent for the SSP! Now I can wash myself of the that blasted store once and for all. I wonder if they are going under.

Chris

26 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Well PayPal came through....probably because N-Y never responded to them or couldn’t give a reasonable  response. At any rate I got a FULL refund which includes the money I spent for the SSP! Now I can wash myself of the that blasted store once and for all. I wonder if they are going under.

Chris

Glad you got your money back @Dobber

The money I prepaid back in April 2019 is lost forever.  At least I only lost about $110. I know many others lost far far more than me.