N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

Finally got my store credit purchase sent by slow boat. JapanPost shows it collected and out of NY's hands. So, I was able to start a PayPal case on a refund they granted me a month ago but never actually issued back. After that is processed. I'm dooooooone....

....until I can't find something and feel like gambling with them again. It's like an abusive relationship...

7 hours ago, F360 said:

or you can upgrade to UPS shipping or downgrade to Ferry shipping to have it shipped out too

They only gave me that option for my DX Missile Set.  My DX Kakizaki still shows pre-order payment ok but I never received a in stock notification.

16 hours ago, ps99042 said:

They only gave me that option for my DX Missile Set.  My DX Kakizaki still shows pre-order payment ok but I never received a in stock notification.

you can still request for the shipping method change even if it did not show instock...  that way they will also take a look at the order while making the changesB))

On 10/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, ps99042 said:

That was the case for me too. I had the DX VF-1S and a set of Super/Strike parts in the same order. I knew they already had the VF-1S in stock because it showed it was in stock on the site even though I never received a notification. The issue was the parts set. In one of my inquiries from early this year, they said they were waiting for the April re-release to fill my order because they didn't have enough when they came out in November or December. I finally gave up on the parts and told them to just give me a damn credit and ship the VF-1S so I can use the credit to try to get something that they actually have in stock than wait forever for another Macross item. 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, ps99042 said:

Just got this message in regard to my DX Kakizaki.  Sounds like they're just saving everything in storage for now so I guess that's ok...

Screenshot_20201027-211336.png

After my experience I'll advise you to upgrade to UPS and get it over and done with.

I can understand shipping delays or even returned items that were turned back due to COVID-19 restrictions.  I can understand running out of stock.  But to take someone's money up front for a pre-order, fail to come through on providing the item for that order, and then attempt to "refund" in the form of store credit is just shady.  Once I have my existing unshipped orders and outstanding disputes settled, I won't be doing business with these guys again.  It's just too high a risk of burning money and missing out anyway.   My current situation involving 3 different orders from FEB-MAR 2020 that included Bandai DX SSPs:

• My first order has been sitting in a state of "Preparation in Progress" since 09/11/2020 (JP Ferry shipping)...repeated attempts to contact N-Y customer service have been useless.  Live Chat agents insist they will "prioritize" my order.  Tickets go unanswered for days at a time and when I do get a response, its the typical "We apologies we still have delay in the shipment of Super parts. We will check with the delivery center about your order" followed by radio silence for weeks until I poke a stick in the lifeless help ticket. 
  • A dispute with my credit card co. for a second N-Y order initially got closed after about a month in favor of N-Y because they responded to my credit card co. and (details are vague) claimed the transaction was legit.  Fortunately, I was able to re-open the dispute by snail-mailing a form and supporting documentation to my credit card co. - I explained that no goods/services were ever provided in exchange for money - just delays and excuses and store credit...but N-Y now has another month to respond...again.  
  • A third order/second dispute seems to have been resolved in my favor because N-Y never bothered to reply to my credit card company's attempt to contact them...I suppose I'll know for sure when their final deadline to respond passes (which will be soon) 

In all 3 cases, I paid up front, nothing has ever been shipped, and the only attempt at any "refund" has been store credit that I will never use because I don't intend to shop with them again.  

Edited by Draykov

I would be HAPPY with a refund of store credit - for MONTHS I've been trying to get them to sub it out with something else I don't want just to wash my hands of them, and I cannot get a response.  Every few weeks I bump two tickets (since they told me to start a new ticket for an exchange since they can't provide the strike packs), and they just ignore both of these.

I hope NY goes out of business, personally.  This is criminal behavior on their part.

My recommendation is to escalate a ticket on chat after at least two days after opening one with no response. The chat support won’t be able to solve your issue but you just ask them to escalate for you. They usually respond to the ticket after escalation within a day or two.

Just be mindful that chat is only open certain times (I don’t know what those timeframes are).

finally got store credit and product shipped ferry after that.

I've asked for a full refund on my Alto 29. I'm not going to wait until the Paypal timeframe expires, and since they don't respond to emails or requests for refund, I've already opened a ticket.

It's sad, as I've used them for many purchases, but they now cannot be trusted. I've already found what I wanted to buy elsewhere, so at this point, they are of no use.

I have one order from FEB 2020 that was nothing but (allegedly) in-stock items.  No pre-orders.  To this day, it hasn't shipped.  Something about the delivery center "not seeing" the order...perhaps more than once.  I have had at least 3 live chats and still have 1 open ticket regarding this order.  So no...not just exclusive stuff.  Even adjusting for shipping delays related to COVID-19, N-Y has been dropping the ball big time this year. 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

They screwed people on Alto YF-29s also??? Wow.. I thought it was just exclusive stuff.

I can't confirm if they're screwing people out of that one, but I pre-ordered it in June, and once it was released, I waited a week to see if there was shipping, but to this day, it just says preparation in progress, meaning they don't have it. I sent them a few emails regarding status or estimates of when it would be shipped, and nothing. I did live chat, and obviously, they are of no help. They just gave the sorry, be patient type of response, so with no item coming, and Paypal's time to settle expiring 12/06, I'm submitting it now to get a refund. I don't even want it at this point, since they don't even have it.

Someone somewhere in their chain of supply has just completely dropped off the face of the earth, I would assume.  I've suspected for a while that they were padding their prices and shipping estimates to cover the cost of acquiring items on the secondary market to fulfill their orders, and I don't know for sure if I imagined it, but I seem to recall someone receiving an order from them with another store's price tag still on it.

I think the combination of Bandai's release shenanigans, shipping restrictions, and just overwhelming demand for the strike packs broke their supply chain irreparably.  Obviously, none of that excuses their lousy customer service and laughable store credit policy, but I can understand how running the raw edge of supply and demand in this market could wind up wrecking them with all the other issues this year.

48 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've suspected for a while that they were padding their prices and shipping estimates to cover the cost of acquiring items on the secondary market to fulfill their orders, and I don't know for sure if I imagined it, but I seem to recall someone receiving an order from them with another store's price tag still on it.

I'm pretty sure this was just rumor. Something definitely broke though, no debating that. They probably have lots of different relationships they depend on for supply, some more official than others, and obviously some are much less reliable than others. Instead of getting smart and dropping unreliable distributors, they seemingly doubled-down on them. 

I, for one, will not use NY anymore. I still haven't receive any compensation for my lost package back in 2017. It's a Y9000 figure, shipping included, and all I'm just asking back is the Y6000 insurance that came with it.

And yes, I'm also waiting for a response for the DX Strike/Super Parts.

So, I had two disputes open with my credit card company regarding two separate N-Y cancellations of DX SSPs.  One, I had to re-open and send additional documentation and that is still pending.  The other is now officially closed as N-Y never followed up with my credit card co.  after the 90 days or whatever it was they gave them to do so.  Status of that order on N-Y's site is "Refund - Money Back."  

If I knew back in February what I know know, I would have stayed well clear of N-Y.  

Edited by Draykov

6 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

SSPs aside, has anyone been getting any kind of shipments from NY lately?  I want to use my store cred and be done with them

Yes, I decided to use my store credit on items that were somewhat easy to find elsewhere/not in high demand. They shipped ferry some time ago and the boat is on its way. Never using them again.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, HG Blows said:

SSPs aside, has anyone been getting any kind of shipments from NY lately?  I want to use my store cred and be done with them

Short answer is not really.  I have 3 JP Ferry orders that have been paid for since FEB.  I was told one of those would ship last week.  It didn't.  I have several open tickets that usually go without a response unless I have a live chat session to kick it in the butt.  Even then, you're not always guaranteed to get any movement.  I may have some more cancellations/credit card disputes in my future.  

On 11/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, HG Blows said:

I had something shipped via EMS and it's stuck as "dispatched from outward office of exchange" for 6 days now. Another item from HLJ that was shipped EMS a day later than NY reached me 4 days ago. Even EMS from NY is cursed with problems. Everything linked with them turns to crap.

Edited by eXis10z

Back in September I decided to cancel my SSP orders as I was getting nowhere with customer service as to when it will be shipped. I then used my store credit for a PF VF-0D which was one of the few decently priced (¥43800) Macross items on their site. Went with ferry shipping and 2 months later I've received the item with no issues.

It was really frustrating dealing with customer support, the live chat was not helpful at all and will just tell you to raise a ticket when I was following up for another ticket. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late last week, N-Y finally refunded my money after I had to make a claim with Paypal. they never responsed after I sent them a message in an attempt to contact the seller through Paypal, so instead of waiting and prolonging the deadline to submit a claim through Paypal, I just sent it off. They never tried to make an argument, or protest, but waited a few weeks. In any case, I got all my money back, and was able to get me a brand new YF-29 Alto through other means for about the same price.