N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

Posted (edited)

Holy cow, my Roy finally made it ashore.. in New Jersey? :blink:  I have no idea how ferry shipping works, but it sounds like they took the long way around.

That makes almost three months since the shipping label was posted.  Guess now I have a timeframe to refer to.

Edited by Chronocidal

Has anyone received any web exclusive Bandai stuff that was release last year?  I'm still waiting on my DX Kakizaki and a couple Robot Spirits Gundams.  At this point I've accepted that I'll never get the DX Strike Packs.

Posted (edited)

NY shpped all my Gundam AOZ stuff on time, but SOL for macross and gundam toys. 

I hit up NY chat for my dyrl and TV pack orders. same clueless responses as usual and then ending with "we'll have the team contact you by email" that I'd been getting for months prior. sad

Edited by Duymon

My store credit refund voucher was close to expiring (not sure why store credit would expire, just NY things), so i decided to buy a random figuarts zero that was in stock.  However, their paypal payment option was down due to site maintenance, so I couldnt check out.  Eventually their system canceled my order, and the voucher is now marked as used.  So now I need to try and get my voucher reissued.  Been a few days, still no reply.

6 hours ago, HG Blows said:

My store credit refund voucher was close to expiring (not sure why store credit would expire, just NY things), so i decided to buy a random figuarts zero that was in stock.  However, their paypal payment option was down due to site maintenance, so I couldnt check out.  Eventually their system canceled my order, and the voucher is now marked as used.  So now I need to try and get my voucher reissued.  Been a few days, still no reply.

I used a $200 credit last week on an in stock item and haven’t heard a peep. I have 6 credits expiring in the next couple months. Sad. 

Happy to report that my personal pile of NY nonsense has ended.  Almost three months to the day, my Roy VF-1S arrived.  Happy to wash my hands of both NY, and surface shipping, because that was ludicrous. :p 

What's actually kind of frustrating to consider.. I paid for EMS at purchase.  EMS just became available as an option a few days ago.  If NY hadn't gotten a bug up their bum to start shipping everything via ferry (with no confirmation on my part, I might add), I probably would have gotten the package at roughly the same time.  They just couldn't be arsed to respond to any of the tickets I sent them requesting shipping options. <_< 

5 hours ago, Rein+ said:

Still got about $400 worth of order heard nothing. After i got and spend those store credit i'm never gonna order from them again.

Be sure to use them before they expire. Let us know if you actually get anything. 

So someone posted in another forum of NY accounts for sale for 0.01 BTC (with a link of the list of account info), and a user replied that his info is in the said list (and also mentioned that he's using a unique email for NY or shops ). Didn't find my info from the said list but in any case make sure you're not re-using NY account creds on other sites.

9 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

So someone posted in another forum of NY accounts for sale for 0.01 BTC (with a link of the list of account info), and a user replied that his info is in the said list (and also mentioned that he's using a unique email for NY or shops ). Didn't find my info from the said list but in any case make sure you're not re-using NY account creds on other sites.

And what forum is that supposed to be? 

2 minutes ago, crackpot said:

And what forum is that supposed to be? 

look for the n-y thread in MFC (myfigurecollection) forum

35 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

look for the n-y thread in MFC (myfigurecollection) forum

Thanks. I found the thread but it doesn't even tell you where to check. I'd like to check if my info is there. 

1 minute ago, crackpot said:

Thanks. I found the thread but it doesn't even tell you where to check. I'd like to check if my info is there. 

I think they might have removed the link since it contains sensitive information. It's basically a plain text list of emails, addresses and phone numbers

2 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

I think they might have removed the link since it contains sensitive information. It's basically a plain text list of emails, addresses and phone numbers

Thanks. I guess no way to find out then. I really don't feel like doing anything at this point unless necessary. 

On 6/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, HG Blows said:

This suck, so if we fail to pay the order the credit is gone? crazy crap.
and here i am still waiting for them to reply my ticket to get those said credit store.

What's the use of bringing back their live chat if they're just gonna give me the same copy and paste? I asked about my single set of DX Super/Strike Parts from December of 2019 and...

"I just reached out to our team and informed them about your tickets"

"Someone will answer your ticket as soon as possible."

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

LOL...and they exited the chat before I was done. Arsewipes.

"Sorry I wish it's within our control, but as mentioned we have limited access and information here in live chat, we can only follow up on our end."

"That's all we can do here in live chat"

Edited by UN Spacy

Transfered me to another bot...they actually sound sorry here.

"I cannot express more how much regret I feel for this matter. Your feedback will be valued and will be used to improve our support team's customer service.

We appreciate your patience and understanding

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know, ok?"

On 6/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, UN Spacy said:

Transfered me to another bot...they actually sound sorry here.

"I cannot express more how much regret I feel for this matter. Your feedback will be valued and will be used to improve our support team's customer service.

We appreciate your patience and understanding

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know, ok?"

Wow that's a really nice response.  Too bad the actual employees working there don't feel the same.

Got inspired and opened another live chat and my only response from them in 15 minutes was that they're "so sorry for the delay".  Another 5 minutes later I got the "we to get this matter resolved for you right away" and they're sending my info to someone that can actually do something for me.  Dare I get my hopes up?

• 1 month later...

Their live chat is gone again. too many user doesn't get their order and no response for their ticket.

The live chat can't do anything other than giving excuse that they're still responding to their customer.

Should I just do a chargeback....I mean its the last resort I just want some update on what I bought. How long before anyone gets an actual ticket response? TBH if they cant respond due to covid its understandable but like Ive been waiting for almost a month.

They used to respond so fast...

On 7/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, close313 said:

Should I just do a chargeback....I mean its the last resort I just want some update on what I bought. How long before anyone gets an actual ticket response? TBH if they cant respond due to covid its understandable but like Ive been waiting for almost a month.

They used to respond so fast...

if you still have chance to charge back your CC just do it maybe you can get your money back. i have submitted ticket since december 2020, update it by giving the ticket replies every week but still no response from them.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:22 AM, Bullet_Sponge said:

Any chance you and your wife would help facilitate our claims through this process?

I've got a mountain of emails and documentation but have nobody to assist with the language barrier.

(And you/wife would obviously be paid for the time spent helping)

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I would suggest hammering that e-mail with complaints, in all languages.....just mention Nippon Yassan in big bold letters.  If they get enough complaints, they may do something as it is in their neck of the woods.  If they don't get anything or get very little, they won't take it seriously.  

It's not hard for them to run english text through google translate, if not just to get the jist of it.  The would probably be more inclined to put a bit more effort into an investigation if they see complaints from overseas.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, peter said:

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I would suggest hammering that e-mail with complaints, in all languages.....just mention Nippon Yassan in big bold letters.  If they get enough complaints, they may do something as it is in their neck of the woods.  If they don't get anything or get very little, they won't take it seriously.  

It's not hard for them to run english text through google translate, if not just to get the jist of it.  The would probably be more inclined to put a bit more effort into an investigation if they see complaints from overseas.

Good suggestion; "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

I just saw that they can no longer accept PayPal.
These f#ckers stole so much money from me. Should have my head examined for not filing PayPal/cc disputes when I had the chance. 

7 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

These f#ckers stole so much money from me. Should have my head examined for not filing PayPal/cc disputes when I had the chance. 

Well, who knew right?  I mean, they set up pre-orders over half a year in advanced, that ate up half of the time allowance for disputes with PP and other CCs.  Then the rest of the time, most of us were just holding our breathe and running on faith.  

What irks me is they are still in business, advertising new products, and still in business.  

What I don't get is how is this possible??!?  

8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah...I went through an issue with a guy I had ordered labels from (I know, not the same as your situation) and I ended up having to file with PayPal to get my money back. If someone is "jerking your chain", don't give them the benefit of the doubt, especially when it's THEM who has your money. I'm guessing it's all sorts of too late to file now; I wish I had better advice for you.

6 hours ago, Jumbosan said:

How about the IN STOCK product , can NY send it?

I wouldn't trust them with anything. While their site may say an item is in stock, it might not be accurate. Why risk it?

Edited by ValkAddict