N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

I submitted a couple more tickets last week but never heard back.

I have about $400 worth of (useless) credit with them and another $600 of un-fulfilled orders; but I broke down and called my cc company anyway.  The charges are old as heck so I'm not sure the chargebacks will stick but (fingers crossed) we shall see.

Such a frustrating/disappointing situation.  I have spent so much money at NY it's a shame they have become so unreliable and seem to have blatantly ripped off a lot of customers.

Just out of curiosity......Has anyone who preordered their Sentinel Legioss Zeta from NY received anything? The item has never shown as 'in stock' since its release. I preordered it on day 1. More than three weeks or so ago they sent me a payment request (I opted for 'Pay Later' when I first preordered it). Paid for it....and well never received anything. (Sent them tickets, no replies, used the live chat several times but it's useless. They always come up with the exact same BS: "We will forward your ticket to our team as a priority"....yet they have never replied. Anyways, just wanted to know if anyone had received theirs yet....When will I ever learn to stop using NY...*Sigh* <_<

For what it's worth, I recently received two Mafex figures I had pre-ordered from them.

Yes, I am also a victim of still not having my Bandai Strike Packs from them. But still, maybe there is a bit of hope to actually get non-Macross things at least.

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

For what it's worth, I recently received two Mafex figures I had pre-ordered from them.

Yes, I am also a victim of still not having my Bandai Strike Packs from them. But still, maybe there is a bit of hope to actually get non-Macross things at least.

Thanks for the heads up. Last year after they took 5 months before finally sending me that (cursed) DX Kairos. I stopped getting any of my DX/Macross stuff from them (I might've gotten the last HMR release from them as I had it preordered but that was it). Yet.... I still ended up preordering that Sentinel Zeta.

I wondered if anyone had received their Legioss Zeta as it reminded me too much of the "Kairos situation" (marked as 'unavailable' and never been in stock since release)...I'm starting to have flash-backs...:ph34r:

My Live Chat today was more of nothing. "We'll forward your inquiry to main support so they can reach out to you".  Something about phone support not being available at this time.  I asked if the company is still operating and they confirmed it still is but "times have been tough recently".   How so when they have all our money and aren't actively shipping items even when shipping is upgraded?  Oh well time will tell...

Edited by ps99042

Update on my order, today i received the VF-4A  lighting in the mail.  Thank god they shipped them out, but still no words on strike parts which i already gave up on.  Looks like i will have to rely on ebay instead of NY from now on.

7 hours ago, ps99042 said:

I asked if the company is still operating and they confirmed it still is but "times have been tough recently". 

I wonder what that means.  Shady...

Times are tough all over.  I did what I could to keep them IN business.  A year + and no merchandise?  Nah, man.  Credit card dispute will have to be my resolution for any outstanding/unfulfilled orders.  

Edited by Draykov

On 2/22/2021 at 11:45 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I submitted a couple more tickets last week but never heard back.

I have about $400 worth of (useless) credit with them and another $600 of un-fulfilled orders; but I broke down and called my cc company anyway.  The charges are old as heck so I'm not sure the chargebacks will stick but (fingers crossed) we shall see.

Such a frustrating/disappointing situation.  I have spent so much money at NY it's a shame they have become so unreliable and seem to have blatantly ripped off a lot of customers.

Same i got about $400 of un-fulfilled orders, last time they replying my tickets are on december 2020 for the Sword Strike Parts. By january till now all my ticket is being ignored.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, ps99042 said:

My Live Chat today was more of nothing. "We'll forward your inquiry to main support so they can reach out to you".  Something about phone support not being available at this time.  I asked if the company is still operating and they confirmed it still is but "times have been tough recently".   How so when they have all our money and aren't actively shipping items even when shipping is upgraded?  Oh well time will tell...

True, all their number is being directed to voicemail that generally say "please call later". 

On 3/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, ps99042 said:

Yeah.. all my chat session always end with "We'll forward your inquiry to main support so they can reach out to you", "NO worries, I have submitted your inquiry. One of our team members will contact you shortly." or "Sadly, I cannot guarantee the timeframe on their response. But rest assured that you will be contacted asap"

Its clear that they're going under.

5 hours ago, Draykov said:

Times are tough all over.  I did what I could to keep them IN business.  A year + and no merchandise?  Nah, man.  Credit card dispute will have to be my resolution for any outstanding/unfulfilled orders.  

Can the dispute still available for transaction over a year? I still haven't got my DX VF1 Super Parts from them and it was back in 2019.

2 hours ago, Rein+ said:

Can the dispute still available for transaction over a year? I still haven't got my DX VF1 Super Parts from them and it was back in 2019.

That all depends on your method of payment and the policies associated with that.  I've found that most credit card companies will work with you if you paid for an item and straight up never received anything...no shipping notice, no estimated time of arrival, no merchandise.  Just be prepared to explain the circumstances (pre-order + COVID = vague delay time) and provide evidence that you've been seeking resolution directly through NY (e.g. ticket exchanges, live chat exchanges, etc.)

Edited by Draykov

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

That all depends on your method of payment and the policies associated with that.  I've found that most credit card companies will work with you if you paid for an item and straight up never received anything...no shipping notice, no estimated time of arrival, no merchandise.  Just be prepared to explain the circumstances (pre-order + COVID = vague delay time) and provide evidence that you've been seeking resolution directly through NY (e.g. ticket exchanges, live chat exchanges, etc.)

even if the transaction is via paypall? suck to be me, the paypall windows for dispute is long closed already.

9 hours ago, Rein+ said:

even if the transaction is via paypall? suck to be me, the paypall windows for dispute is long closed already.

Again...depending on the policies of your card.  Your mileage may vary.  Certainly worth looking into if you haven't though. 

Edited by Draykov

25 minutes ago, cmx168 said:

their twitter page is active - they just posted a new item.   please comment on here!!!!

did that ("post reply on their twitter)" but they're ignoring me.
Say, is there anyone of us heard "real" reply (not from their chat support) from N-Y?

Just used my refund coupon on some items.  It's dumb, the coupon can only be used pre-shipping and you need to spend the exact or higher amount to use it.  What a joke this site's become.  I might be out even more money by using these coupon codes.

I wanted to update everyone that PP finally offered me a $100 voucher for a PO of the 1/48 DX movie SSP back in 2019. It took a lot of time and effort contacting them and reiterating the issue but it paid off. YMMV. I think the key was to constantly reiterate that it was a pre-order and forced us to be outside of the protection period and to also mention that they have your funds for an item they never sent.

Edited by canklebreaker

10 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

I wanted to update everyone that PP finally offered me a $100 voucher for a PO of the 1/48 DX movie SSP back in 2019. It took a lot of time and effort contacting them and reiterating the issue but it paid off. YMMV. I think the key was to constantly reiterate that it was a pre-order and forced us to be outside of the protection period and to also mention that they have your funds for an item they never sent.

That's great news!  I just noticed that they are actually starting to respond on their Facebook page to people asking for ticket responses.  Unfortunately, they just ask for the ticket number and say someone will be in touch...I guess it's a start...

16 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

How much is your Pre Order worth? is $100 cover it all?

On 3/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, cmx168 said:

their twitter page is active - they just posted a new item.   please comment on here!!!!

Same here I started spamming their Facebook and Twitter 

6 hours ago, ps99042 said:

That's great news!  I just noticed that they are actually starting to respond on their Facebook page to people asking for ticket responses.  Unfortunately, they just ask for the ticket number and say someone will be in touch...I guess it's a start...

IDK they removed the post from January which had like 300 comments of people asking for their orders and calling them scammers lol

So I posted.on the Facebook page last night and just now they asked for my ticket numbers so they can look into them.  Hopefully they respond again and with an actual specific answer.

So, I'm sitting here marveling at the audacity of this mess of a shop.

They just sent me an invoice for a shipping upcharge... TO FERRY.  

Apparently shipping by boat now costs more than EMS?  I'm tempted to throw back in their face that I've already paid a premium over retail to secure an order with them, and to ask for me to pay more for a downgrade is just insulting.

Granted, the upcharge is 500 yen.. $5 isn't a huge deal, but at the same time, I don't want to deal with ferry shipping, and if something happens to it, there's no way I'm going to be able to strangle a refund out of them.

Not sure how to respond yet.  They say they're unable to store items any longer, and have to start shipping, which makes me even more curious what is going on there.

Edit:  Screw it, went ahead and paid it.  Worth the $5 to be done with these idiots for good.

Edited by Chronocidal

My Arcadia PF VF-4A arrived from NY today. After release, I waited a week (which is their usual window to ship stuff) before opening a ticket enquiring about shipping. 3 days later status was changed to 'Preparation In Progress', and another 3 days before it was 'Shipped'. So, it was a relatively painless experience.

This order was a bit different, in that NY did not require upfront payment when the PO listing was up, as compared to all other Arcadia web exclusives. I went ahead putting in the order, despite knowing all the shenanigans over the past year, as myself was on the fence with this item. I would cancel if I changed my mind later on. When the payment request eventually came only 5 days before release, I went ahead to pay and rolled the dice to see if I would actually receive item or need to do a chargeback if they refused to ship.

Just like @Kinzoku VF Legioss Zeta order, the PF VF-4A never came to in-stock status after release, whereas the normal VF-4A did. I speculate that NY only tried to obtain the stock from Arcadia when I opened the ticket about my order. 

Nevertheless, so far all my orders with NY worked out. Last year, I only had 2 orders with them: First was the PF VF-0D, which they shipped out within a week of release, and another in-stock item that they actually shipped out same day within 2 hours after payment. 

The people answering their Facebook posts seem like the same people that are on their live chat. They just say that they will ask someone to follow up. 

I notice they're still removing negative comments.  Naturally they haven't followed up with me after asking me for my ticket numbers but someone blasted them on my comment feed and now that comment is gone.  Haha

I’ve been posting to their twitter and Facebook to no avail.

Odd that some people are receiving orders but there are hundreds of customers posting to their Facebook page about unfulfilled orders. 

8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’ve been posting to their twitter and Facebook to no avail.

Odd that some people are receiving orders but there are hundreds of customers posting to their Facebook page about unfulfilled orders. 

sometimes they answer your post (the facebook one) but their answer is always the same with their live chat support "...they will come back to you shortly in your ticket".

But they don't actually did it.

I'm pretty sure the chat was a third-party service all along so it's an easy expense to cut when things are going poorly... and if the fee related to responses, that expense must have been getting rather large lately.