Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

On 7/15/2022 at 6:33 AM, Big s said:

78944699-42B9-45CC-BD1B-B505FEB07398.jpeg.0b8e350feefa76a0bde0467911e27af3.jpeg

Haha that big feet and somewhat cartoonish teeth just about make it quite charming. Never enough a fan of dinos, but agreed that at this price it looks like lots of fun to be had.

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Haha that big feet and somewhat cartoonish teeth just about make it quite charming. Never enough a fan of dinos, but agreed that at this price it looks like lots of fun to be had.

Yeah, it’s almost more adorable than terrifying. I hear the Amber collection ones are closer to movie accurate, but I don’t have $35 to spend on a dinosaur toy. The stands on the amber ones hilariously appear as though the dinosaurs are constantly peeing, so I guess that’s a fun bonus. 
As far as this little Hammond collection version, it was a total impulse buy and I’m not disappointed, the imperfections actually make me smile. There aren’t too many fun toys for around ten bucks these days, I felt alright skipping lunch that day

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Careful, @Big s...  Jurassic Park toys can be addictive! 😉

Yeah, I really think that this particular line is what I dreamed about as a kid. I kinda want the gallimimus after seeing some pictures and it doesn’t look too expensive either. Things have come a long way since I was little and all the dinosaur toys were rubber static pose items.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I really think that this particular line is what I dreamed about as a kid.

The likenesses and character selection has come a long way since the '90s, that's for sure!

Efav1VrXgAAwRXd.jpg:large

Mattel is doing great things with the line. :good:

Jurassic-Park-Jeep-and-Tim-Kastors-Korne

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Mattel is doing great things with the line. :good:

I’m actually surprised by them . I don’t remember them being a super great toy company other than maybe He Man back in the old days. The amber collection dinosaurs look really great, but for me after this raptor with all the crazy joints and cheap price, I’m really loving the Hammond collection. I’m also eyeballing the T. rex from the Hammond collection and it looks great for $50.  It looks more like a premium figure that others would charge quite a bit more. Too bad he’s sold out at the moment, but the comic con version looks really fun with the dude on the crapper . I’m betting that’s gonna be a tough one to get cheap. Mattel really upped their game with these highly articulated dinosaurs

I think, most of us are now generally familiar with the MCU Iron Man aesthetic. Here is an Iron Man suit looking somewhat quite different than we are used to seeing:

901368450_HowardArmorv2.JPG.ae6e0c7bed1a02e64954150c6ca57372.JPG

This suit is an interpretation of what Howard Stark wears in the comic book, specifically the House of M story arc which I understand to be set in one of the many alternate-verses. 

2034943319_HouseofM.jpg.6164ab7e664e96272e8b5bc73410531d.jpg

On 7/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Big s said:

I’m also eyeballing the T. rex from the Hammond collection and it looks great for $50.  It looks more like a premium figure that others would charge quite a bit more. Too bad he’s sold out at the moment, but the comic con version looks really fun with the dude on the crapper . I’m betting that’s gonna be a tough one to get cheap.

I managed to snag one for $80, but after shipping and customs (not to mention the devastatingly weak yen), it cost me a lot more than I bargained for...! 😬

PDP_v01_Jurassic_HHW58_W_22_446_1024x.jp

The rain looks like a photoshopped element, I think. 🤔

23 hours ago, tekering said:

I managed to snag one for $80, but after shipping and customs (not to mention the devastatingly weak yen), it cost me a lot more than I bargained for...! 😬

PDP_v01_Jurassic_HHW58_W_22_446_1024x.jp

The rain looks like a photoshopped element, I think. 🤔

I’d like to get that one, but for now I’m gonna buy the basic just T. rex since bbts just got more in stock. 

Was packing away some stuff and reorganizing. Found some of my old gundam msia action figures.4D0B951B-B213-4F4C-B8E0-E04C20B1A5C1.jpeg.7a09052a7312fd828ed8fadadd27b548.jpegACB157A2-7DD0-46B1-ADF1-3A1A8096F5E8.jpeg.4b87d1e7374ed58d8c1c0fd1eca5c196.jpegdid some quick weathering on the ones in the top picture back in the day. The bottom picture we’re all custom painted other than char in the background. 
I used to love these little guys back when they came out

On 7/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, Big s said:

I used to love these little guys back when they came out

You'll find Bandai's Robot Spirits "A.N.I.M.E." line to be equal in scale and articulation, and with even more accessories... and they're only about three times more expensive. 😑

On 7/24/2022 at 12:59 AM, Big s said:

I’m gonna buy the basic just T. rex since bbts just got more in stock. 

I was happy I hadn't already ordered one of those, since the Gennaro "Outhouse" set comes with a nigh-identical T-Rex... a completely different figure than the T-Rex that came with Timmy and the Explorer, mind you (despite representing the same dino from the same scene).  I like a little more variety in my dino collection, which is why I was happy to find a Dreadnoughtus on sale:

Dreadnoughtus.jpg.620ff76f2a3391790cfcc408b7e98731.jpg

I don't know how the hell I'm gonna display it. 😶

1917374673_massivetoy.jpg.277e1685b4e896ba7d4f41b7e5ea1664.jpg

2 hours ago, tekering said:

You'll find Bandai's Robot Spirits "A.N.I.M.E." line to be equal in scale and articulation, and with even more accessories... and they're only about three times more expensive. 😑

Actually these old msia figures are only a bit over half the height compared to the robot spirits counterparts. There were some msia figures that had a slightly larger size, but I never got those, just the little guys. And yeah toy price inflation is pretty significant these days, so I get a bit choosy with the robot spirits and usually only buy my favorites like the gp01

that big dino is pretty cool, but I have no idea where to put it. I tend to rarely buy large items these days due to limited space, but I do admire the big stuff 

• 2 weeks later...

871495708_RotFMegatronsidev2.jpg.dca4ccb6cfb1a63722b85c9c6b7bcd21.jpg

Every occasionally when I fiddle or look at RotF Megatron, his gunmetal silver and tank tread feet reminds me of a certain cool baddie in an old 80's show that briefly aired in my part of world, but I could never recall the names of both the baddie and the show. But the name 'Blaster' suddenly hit me today, and I am finally able to search up Blastarr from the show Captain Power. 

Although, Captain Power must have been very obscure over the years, that I can't find even a full image of Blastarr on the net today. Only a video though, and seeing Blastarr again, I kinda feel disappointed he doesn't look as bulky or huge as my hazy memory serves lol..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me. . . 

BBAB9C17-9DF1-48A7-96C5-02CE76813CCC.jpeg.ac3745d857ac342d992c92a356b7f084.jpeg

1 hour ago, Big s said:

At first , I thought it was a robotic frog with a scorpion tail. I didn’t realize I was looking at it backwards 

:lol: I can totally see what you mean. This design was confusing to me too when I first laid eyes on them.

These Figmas have been circa 10 years since release, and I now realize why Figmas of that era was considered to be very good value. Not only because of the very much lower sticker price then (as with all other toys), but there was ton of accessories included, compared to very barebones release of modern Figmas.. 

444579468_DrosselJosephupNRM2nt.jpg.ad81830dc4067d3eb6bd8ef2fa37e113.jpg

490174458_DrosselJosephNRM2nt.jpg.5f8e069608938e59d429007c333e9b4c.jpg