Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

I both loved and hated that series. It was a great story and a really great time for the various x teams, but having limited budget at the time and a small allowance made it tough to buy into those overarching stories. It wasn’t too long after that that I ditched marvel altogether.  After that series there were still more than three x books to pick up with X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and XForce and whatever along with a few Spider-Man comics. To keep up with stories, you hade pick up so many issues at a time that I just couldn’t keep up. I loved that era as far as art and story, but if I had real income, I may have stayed in a bit longer. Either way it wasn’t long after that that just about all the good artists and writers went to image anyway 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, MKT said:

FD3S legend..

1686850277_RX-7NRM2nt2.JPG.c4270e0703129121cff47a7470eb6311.JPG

Initial D: Stage 5(?) reference @MKT? Love the Series and watched all the  stages (although it’s the butchered version).

I actually like the 3 inline cylinders more: Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappuccino, Daihasu Copan, Nissan Figaro etc.. Quirky yet, interesting. 

Edit: Added missing details

Edited by borgified

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Initial D: Stage 5(?) reference @MKT? Love the Series and watched all the  stages (although it’s the butchered version).

I actually like the 3 inline cylinders more: Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappuccino, Daihasu Copan, Nissan Figaro etc.. Quirky yet, interesting. 

Edit: Added missing details

Yeahh it is a loose reference to Initial D.. I loved it too, it was what started my love for driving at that time, and my cars are still manual / stickshift-only till this day. Stage 4 was prolly peak Initial D for me; Stage 5 was pretty forgettable though.

I agree 3-cylinders are interesting for those cars in that era. Because 3-cylinders were almost exclusive to very small cc engines, they were always installed on very small & lightweight rides that are slowly becoming extinct in today's environment. It's a good thing this engine configuration still being developed on & soldiers on in top applications such as the GR Yaris.