Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

I'm not really interested in finding or posting in other toy forums, but my Macross love led to finding other toys I loved of course.  I recently got a bunch of Alien toys to play with (and more on the way soon hopefully), and I usually like to mix it up with my Macross stuff.  So, I thought I'd make a place here for posting pics of your non Macross stuff and/or for your crossover episodes.

So if you're playing with your other toys, figures, etc and/or mixing it up, please take a pic and post it here!

I'll start the thread off with this somewhat accidental pose.  My NECA Aliens Queen figure wouldn't stay upright, so I dejectedly placed her like this and then thought it would make a great pose with the Toynami valks that I keep at work (that also don't like to stay put). 

IMG_20191121_151247391.thumb.jpg.449802e33774cb73779b862195cb5298.jpg

Btw, if you're on the fence about buying this Alien Queen figure, don't waste your money unless you're a die hard fan and need to have this in your life.  She is badly proportioned (well admittedly, she was in the movie too), doesn't like to stay standing (impossible without the stands), the stands suck, the joints are weak, some of mine broke almost immediately, the back spikes are impossible to get installed properly without glue, and other than looking awesome, she just sucks as a figure for the $120 she costs!  But maybe I'm expecting too much.

I mostly collect Transformers, and if you guys follow the TF threads you've probably seen most of my stuff.  But, while I'm not a huge Power Rangers/Super Sentai fan, I did watch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo in middle school and some of high school, and on a whim I started picking up a few of these guys:

IMG_20191121_225932.jpg.2436e48bd2119f0bd49166584f5028ff.jpg

I'm definitely not in on the whole line, but if they release them it's safe to say I'm in for the MM Yellow, Black, Blue, and regular Red Rangers.  Maybe some of the other characters, especially villains, from the MM or Zeo eras, like Ninjor, Rito Revolto, a Zeo-style Putty, General Venjix, or a Cog.

Here's one that I did last year with Mezco One:12 Classics Spidey and THF Megs with the upgrade face kit.

A tribute to the Avengers/Transformers crossover from IDW Comics.

Megs: " You pestering insect! I should have blasted you into oblivion".  

DSC01231.jpg

Edited by borgified

OG Vehicle Voltron:  "Nice sword kid;  mind if I SMACK you with it?

DSC_0513.JPG.41d09a84c300e03e856ff886862055d6.JPG

Rule No. 1 of Combo-Mecha Throwdowns:  Don't pick a fight with THREE Voltrons, especially when they all already formed Blazing Sword.

DSC_0518.JPG.0afdafe69147ef3ea35b0eb943fffb2a.JPG

On 11/23/2019 at 3:48 PM, borgified said:

Here's one that I did last year with Mezco One:12 Classics Spidey and THF Megs with the upgrade face kit.

A tribute to the Avengers/Transformers crossover from IDW Comics.

You need to get a black Spiderman so you can tribute the Marvel series encounter too.

5 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Neat! Where did the effects come from (explosion, hole in wall)?

Tamashii Effects pieces

11 hours ago, JB0 said:

You need to get a black Spiderman so you can tribute the Marvel series encounter too.

I do have the Black suited Symbonite Spidey as well. ;)

When you see yourself in an alternate timeline

DSC01181.jpg

12 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Neat! Where did the effects come from (explosion, hole in wall)?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/12313

The one i have is "red" which i don't see currently available but another retailer probably will. I cheated by shining a flash light on it when I took the picture which created the glow. The smashed wall is a Tamashii effect called "impact" and is available in gray or beige last I checked. I wish I had more opportunities to pull them out, they're a lot of fun.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Friday the 13th.  ^_^

1405970527_JasonVoorhees.thumb.jpg.46ad632b86a1398c12620b836786dadb.jpg

I was about to ask where his trusty machete was, but I see that it’s just angled almost dead-on to the camera.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:06 AM, tekering said:

The figure's based on the Part III costume, so that was my poor attempt to homage the 3D gimmick.  :unknw:

1808259815_littleJason.thumb.jpg.d4cd19e7d32270f9a545ba96ffcc2421.jpg

I placed lots of little LEDs to provide the appropriate lighting.

It's all good. :good:

I know how annoying it can be to set up the perfect pose, snap the correct shot, download it onto the computer. . . . and then realize one minor, itty bitty thing is "slightly" off.