• 8 months later...

Yeah the teaser is a little confusing....Black Adam is a villain right? At least that is what I always thought he was. He’s the 1 that the elder SHAZAM was telling Billy about in the SHAZAM! movie right? The Teaser seems to be making him out to be something less than a villain and maybe even an antihero.

Chris

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Any further word on this? I'd really like to see how the Rock does Black Adam.

I’m pretty sure it’ll just be the Rock in his more serious mode like Scorpion King rather than goofy Rock from everything else. That being said, I wanna see it too. I really liked the DC Captain Marvel movie

4 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m pretty sure it’ll just be the Rock in his more serious mode like Scorpion King rather than goofy Rock from everything else. That being said, I wanna see it too. I really liked the DC Captain Marvel movie

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I think he does some of his best work when he's serious.

13 hours ago, Zethus said:

To be honest, I don't care for DC unless it's Batman.

Personally I don’t like their movie universe much. The first Wonder Woman was ok, the Suicide Squad was really great and their Captain Marvel was entertaining. Everything else was really lame and not worth wasting time. As far as the not quite in universe films recently the Joker was good and haven’t had a chance to see the new Batman movie yet

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Big s said:

They really seem to be introducing a lot more characters. It’s gonna be a real disappointment to the fans if the rumors of a dc reboot end up true

Eh, doubt there will be a reboot and not expecting a MCU-like film universe anymore. WB/DC will just pump out new films.

23 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Eh, doubt there will be a reboot and not expecting a MCU-like film universe anymore. WB/DC will just pump out new films.

I sort of expect a reboot soon after the films that are currently in production get their releases. They’ve pretty much wiped all the shows other than maybe peacemaker. The only new projects that I’ve heard any talk about are the ones that don’t have a real connection to the snyderverse, like the Batman sequel and the second joker film. Honestly I’m not really sure where the Suicide Squad and peacemaker really stand. There are a lot of cut backs from WB after their shift in leadership and the new guy in charge didn’t seem too happy about how things have been going.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

The Rock better NOT MAKE BLACK ADAM A HERO. Keep him evil!

I think he became (anti) hero at one point.
Judging by the trailer, maybe they are adapting an arc where he became leader of a middle eastern country after overthrowing a dictator....right before it blew up and he became a villain again.