1 hour ago, jvmacross said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe I didn't hear things correctly, but did Viserys actually backtrack his earlier decision about succession?  If so, did he finally accept the truth about his daughter and her "bastards"? 

That's what I got from it. 

34 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No. He was delirious and confused Alicent for Rhaenyra. He was talking about Aegon the Conqueror and the prophecy, not his son.

Whoa! Thanks for the clarification, now I want to re-watch that ending again.

Spoiler

So when King Viserys says as his last words "My Love", was that for Rhaenyra, Alicent or his first wife? 

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hide contents

So when King Viserys says as his last words "My Love", was that for Rhaenyra, Alicent or his first wife? 

Spoiler

Aemma

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hide contents

Yeah...I initially had skipped the re-cap due to a really late viewing, but the show runners explain that he thought his daughter was at his side...

What I got out of this also, was that as long as "someone"...bastard or not...had some Targaryan blood...they could fulfill his interpretation of the prophesy he swore to carry forward in his line of succession.....he really was OK with the truth about his grandkids....he just didn't know it would be a few more centuries for his "progressive" views to be vindicated....lol

I really appreciate that the fandom has dubbed Daemon “The King of F*ck Around and Find Out.” He’s my favorite Targaryen from the histories, and I’m very happy to see how show watchers have fallen in love with the character.

Edited by Duke Togo

Dude was a punk-ass at the beginning.

But has slowly become more interesting and nuanced.  Still a bastard.  But seems to have toned it down some, only bringing out the a-hole when necessary.

I did not see that coming! :shok:

With next week being the Season Finale, I hope it's not a super long wait until the next one. 

Spoiler

I honestly thought Rhaenys was just making a run for it... getting her Dragon back and making a grand entrance/escape was not on my bingo card. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

Spoiler

Guess someone let the cat, erm, dragon, out of the bag!

Should’ve went full dracarys on the whole lot of ‘em.

Dumb question:  what place were they burning?  The house with the kid snuff fights?  The White Worm’s place.  Or the servants’ quarters (where Alicent’s servant would possibly be)?  Didn’t seem too clear.

6 hours ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

Guess someone let the cat, erm, dragon, out of the bag!

Should’ve went full dracarys on the whole lot of ‘em.

Dumb question:  what place were they burning?  The house with the kid snuff fights?  The White Worm’s place.  Or the servants’ quarters (where Alicent’s servant would possibly be)?  Didn’t seem too clear.

Spoiler

They were burning the White Worm’s place.

Rhaenys didn’t roast them because she wasn’t about to commit regicide and become a kinslayer multiple times over. Never mind the septon and other lords there. It’s just not in her character. It also would have gone disastrously for the Blacks. 

Edited by Duke Togo

9 hours ago, Duke Togo said:
  Hide contents

They were burning the White Worm’s place.

Rhaenys didn’t roast them because she wasn’t about to commit regicide and become a kinslayer multiple times over. Never mind the septon and other lords there. It’s just not in her character. It also would have gone disastrously for the Blacks. 

True,

Spoiler

those labels stick in Westeros even if the person is justified in doing those actions.

Plus, the whole rumored “Rhaenyra may have had a hand in your son’s death” bit might have kept her from being fully Team Black.

And that’s the season. 

Spoiler

We have two seasons and change of action ahead of us, but, we’ll have to wait until 2024 for more. As for this episode, the two stand outs for me are multiple name drops for my favorite character, Cregan Stark, and the debut of my favorite dragon, Vermithor the Bronze Fury (the dragon Daemon is singing too).

Edited by Duke Togo

For the episode’s climax,

Spoiler

it seems pretty clear that the outcome is not what Aemond was going for. He essentially bullies Lucerys to death on his dragon. Didn’t grasp his own strength or the danger that comes with it. Truly tragic.

Edited by Duke Togo

Read this in an article, so can’t take credit for noticing it. . .

Spoiler

but the page that Rhaenyra tore out back in episode one does remind Rhaenyra of her old friendship.  

BUT it also is the story about Nymeria, a ruler who fought off her enemies and established her own kingdom where evens daughters can inherit the crown.  Wonder if Alicent understands the irony in sending that particular story?

3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

For the episode’s climax,

Hide contents

it seems pretty clear that the outcome is not what Aemond was going for. He essentially bullies Lucerys to death on his dragon. Didn’t grasp his own strength or the danger that comes with it. Truly tragic.

At the end of the day,

Spoiler

...it doesn't matter. The climax is all that matters.  No one would believe Aemond was just trolling especially after he made that display at Storm's End then intentionally leaving and following Luce. Blood is now spilled.

14 minutes ago, azrael said:

At the end of the day,

Hide contents

...it doesn't matter. The climax is all that matters.  No one would believe Aemond was just trolling especially after he made that display at Storm's End then intentionally leaving and following Luce. Blood is now spilled.

100%. Also,

Spoiler

Aemond is now a kinslayer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...