Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

25 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Is the show over?  I wish there was some concrete info about availability on this. 

From my understanding, the event goes from Nov. 18 to Nov 20 in JP, so it hasn't started yet. I assume we're getting more info during or after the event.

1 hour ago, badboy00z said:

I'm surprised that no one/ company has made anime accurate legs for the Yamato YF-21 since the legs are removable. I personally feel that parts forming for the YF-21 is fine considering the anime magic involved with the transformation. We'll probably get that with the inevitable 1/100 HG YF-21.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. After the YF-19 is the YF-29, and after that... honestly, my bet is on the VF-25. This line feels to me like it'll be EXTREMELY limited, so we'll probably only get the newest and/or most popular designs made before Bandai move onto other properties. I suspect (but hope against) a smattering of maybe 3-6 kits in the line before it peters out, at most. YF-19, YF-29, VF-25 (<--all three on the WWM logo), maybe VF-31, and maaaybe VF-1 and/or VF-27 (the latter depending on how easily they can adapt VF-25/29 tooling), and even moooore diiistantly maaaybe VF-171, VF-11, VF-4...

Honestly, I couldn't be more excited for this. The YF-21 is my absolute favorite Valk in the entirety of Macross, and even though it already has a number of issues accuracy-wise, having a transformable YF-21 that won't collapse in my hands or fall apart is more than I can ask for.

1 hour ago, Actar said:

Honestly, I couldn't be more excited for this. The YF-21 is my absolute favorite Valk in the entirety of Macross, and even though it already has a number of issues accuracy-wise, having a transformable YF-21 that won't collapse in my hands or fall apart is more than I can ask for.

Totally agree on this sentiment. I love the YF-19, but there is an abundance of models and toys of the YF-19

For the YF-21, there are VERY FEW transformable toys, and the ones that are available now are very expensive / hard to come by. 

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

45E3FF4B-252D-48EA-9F95-8A4A95BA29C5.jpeg.703ac994a178b79b07259d8a86b7598d.jpegB4A3B005-E1C8-428B-A007-8623AC4A8597.png.6267f4f8cf6bd0d1bda6a7ed7cbfa620.png

hmm does the fuselage look thicker in the latest photo or is it a camera angle thing?

Did they change anything since kawamori-san has some comments the last time?

color-wise I won’t comment, hope it isn’t a type of a plastic change...

Looks like a pancake

hopefully Arcadia will do one after the premium 19 releases

With bigger legs and feet, hopefully it would be much more stable in battroid. As much as I like my Yamato, it could hardly stand on its own without toppling over. I am envious when I see pics of others that can get it to stand more dynamically when I can't with mine.  

This better not be officially vapourware after this showing... :aggressive:

With the announcement of Mr. K revisiting the YF-21 in the Arcadia thread this morning (presuming production in two/three years after this one), this is going to be going to be a debate as per which one to get and not breaking the bank at the same time.      

46 minutes ago, borgified said:

This better not be officially vapourware after this showing... :aggressive:

With the announcement of Mr. K revisiting the YF-21 in the Arcadia thread this morning (presuming production in two/three years after this one), this is going to be going to be a debate as per which one to get and not breaking the bank at the same time.      

I haven't visited Arcadia YF-21 thread at this point, but if Mr. K is going to make the existing Yamato YF-21 design refined and make it close to lineart as much as possible esp in Battroid mode, I'll go with Arcadia. Again, to make it look perfect as the lineart, YF-21 should be a partsformer. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I haven't visited Arcadia YF-21 thread at this point, but if Mr. K is going to make the existing Yamato YF-21 design refined and make it close to lineart as much as possible esp in Battroid mode, I'll go with Arcadia. Again, to make it look perfect as the lineart, YF-21 should be a partsformer. :rolleyes:

me too, i'll get the arcadia

this bandai 21 looks like one of those super deformed cartoons.

it looks like bandai put more into Battroid and compromised the fighter. 

4 hours ago, Mog said:

Or it looks like Eugimon’s Omega Pants(TM) will finally become a reality after more than a decade+.

Still looks like McUrkle pants to me. 

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I was in for one the first time they showed it, and I still am.  Glad to see a gun, but where are the fast packs?  

There's no way Bandai would try to nickel and dime us for a separate purchase on those for such a niche valk, right?  Right...?

😅

Like the G-Nu YF-21 set which followed the add on after the actual YF-21 was released? Bandai still wants our $$$ money because their a greedy conglomerate anyways right? 😝

6 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

4.jpg

Ok, honestly, this shot would look great.. with ONE change.

690395893_ss(2022-11-18at04_20.18).jpg.daed66b863227951a7549aa5d304b5fd.jpg

Cut off the badonk, Bandai.  It doesn't belong.  Either cut it off, or extend the wings, tails, and arms so it isn't so redonkulous.

I know why they did it this way, but a reason does not equal an excuse.  I get it, they had to make room for the legs.  If you make the legs bigger without making the rest of the plane bigger to match, you screw up the proportions, and the overall result is ugly.  That doesn't have to happen, because the wings and tails are completely inconsequential to the transformation, and could be changed to make the fighter mode not suck a lot easier than the legs can be shrunk without making battroid suck.

Extend the arms, and enlarge the wings.  Or even just stretch the arms so the tails aren't jammed into the midsection.  The arms are already too short anyway.

Edited by Chronocidal

21 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, honestly, this shot would look great.. with ONE change.

690395893_ss(2022-11-18at04_20.18).jpg.daed66b863227951a7549aa5d304b5fd.jpg

Cut off the badonk, Bandai.  It doesn't belong.  Either cut it off, or extend the wings, tails, and arms so it isn't so redonkulous.

I know why they did it this way, but a reason does not equal an excuse.  I get it, they had to make room for the legs.  If you make the legs bigger without making the rest of the plane bigger to match, you screw up the proportions, and the overall result is ugly.  That doesn't have to happen, because the wings and tails are completely inconsequential to the transformation, and could be changed to make the fighter mode not suck a lot easier than the legs can be shrunk without making battroid suck.

Extend the arms, and enlarge the wings.  Or even just stretch the arms so the tails aren't jammed into the midsection.  The arms are already too short anyway.

The fuselage feels too short as well.

Even if we ignore the issues with fighter mode, saying it's for the sake of battroid mode, I'm still not very keen on the stubby bay doors and the weird cheap looking double jointed skinny upper arms.

That said, I'll still get one if it gets released, but I was hoping that they used the time since the first time it was shown a few years ago to make improvements. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case. 

3 years since Bandai teased us and they still couldn't show Gerwalk in this year's Tamashii Nations event? I wonder how bad Gerwalk is going to be?

Also, is this being designed by T-Rex too?

Edited by no3Ljm

56 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

The fuselage feels too short as well.

Even if we ignore the issues with fighter mode, saying it's for the sake of battroid mode, I'm still not very keen on the stubby bay doors and the weird cheap looking double jointed skinny upper arms.

That said, I'll still get one if it gets released, but I was hoping that they used the time since the first time it was shown a few years ago to make improvements. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case. 

Yeah, the nose is entirely borked to high heaven as well.  I don't know.  It feels like whoever is designing this doesn't actually have a grasp of why the design is aesthetically pleasing in the first place, and is messing with all of those elements in the process of making it "work," without understanding why it doesn't look good anymore.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Still looks like McUrkle pants to me. 

So, the whole “Eugimon’s Omega Pants(TM)” joke came about way back when we were all bitching, arguing, no. . . “reasonably debating” while waiting for the 1/60 Yamato YF-21 to be released (more than a decade ago? :shok:).

There was an argument about the legs of the -21 being too skinny.  Many people pointed out the anime magic involved with getting the skinny fighter mode profile and that the skinny legs were probably a design compromise to keep that thin profile.

Out of these “discussions,” an old poster suggested that Yamato include an add-on (like pants) to bulk up and beef up the legs, exclusively for battroid mode.

Hence, “Eugimon’s Omega Pants(TM)” was born.

So if beefier legs are wanted without compromising the fighter mode and without relying on some crazy complicated panel-folding, we may finally see Eugimon’s Omega Pants(TM) come to fruition.

I'm on the fence w/ Bandai's YF-21. I have four of the Yamato YF-21's. While those legs were insanely skinny on the Yamato, the fighter makes up more for that. If anything, I wish the main landing gears had a stronger lock-out mechanism (you know what I mean if you roll it backwards). If the joints were more secure and perhaps the legs heavier - as in metal, heavier, it could be perfect, or perfect enough for me...I wonder if metal legs would if affect the CG in battroid on a Yami-cadia one if it was to happen.

The Bandai version seems a bit clumsy looking in fighter tp my eyes.

If the landing gear was sturdier and better engineered, on the bandai, it might begin to sway my stance and start thinking about grabbing a few. The landing gear would be a start, but the Bandai one would have to dramatically raise the standard. 

1 hour ago, Mog said:

So, the whole “Eugimon’s Omega Pants(TM)” joke came about way back when we were all bitching, arguing, no. . . “reasonably debating” while waiting for the 1/60 Yamato YF-21 to be released (more than a decade ago? :shok:).

I believe the proper term at the time was "battying", due to an amusing forum censor. :lol: 

And yes.. I think it was actually released close to the v.2 VF-1..  I got mine from HLJ in December of 2009, and that was during a clearance sale, so it had been out a while by that point.

Edited by Chronocidal

For those getting the DX 21, we all know that Bandai loves to plaster the hideous tattoos on where ever the heck they want (like the Full Set DX 19), is anyone going to remove them and make it less eye sore or just leave it the way it is?