Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

That's what I was talking about.  It's called the X-base system.  You have to buy tiny LEDs that work with it and each have their own independent power coils that pick up power from the base.  Pretty neat idea, but for one, the LEDs are 4.5mm cubes(ish) which are a bit big for all but larger body parts, and secondly, I'd hate to see the radiated emissions on that product.  I don't think it's licensed for sale in the US or anywhere else for that matter, and I highly doubt it would pass any emissions or regulatory testing.

Wow, a cheap chinese knockoff of unregulated chinese product!  Or just a cheapo rebrand to sell off returns/cast offs of the orginal?  It's $76 vs $200 for the original.  In either case, I wouldn't want to put my hand anywhere near that thing when plugged in, especially since they don't advertise what frequencies they use.  There's very good reasons for regulatory and emissions testing.

Correction, looks like it's the typical chinese selling products that they make for the Japanese market at half the cost of the markup, so it's probably not an emissions disaster like I thought.  But I'm not familiar with Japanese regulatory.

1 hour ago, Bullet_Sponge said:

@Pontus
EXACTLY why I rarely ever use it ;)

Plus the range is pretty lousy.  I have to stand the Gundam figures almost against the back for it to work correctly.
And as you mentioned for safety purposes, I always keep it unplugged and only pull out the modded Gundam kit when I want to show people a nifty low effort upgrade.

BUT
it works!

These could be very, very cool in the future when the technology is all lined out and everyone starts using it. And of course it would be nice to not melt your face off!:lol:

17 hours ago, Pontus said:

That's what I was talking about.  It's called the X-base system.  You have to buy tiny LEDs that work with it and each have their own independent power coils that pick up power from the base.  Pretty neat idea, but for one, the LEDs are 4.5mm cubes(ish) which are a bit big for all but larger body parts, and secondly, I'd hate to see the radiated emissions on that product.  I don't think it's licensed for sale in the US or anywhere else for that matter, and I highly doubt it would pass any emissions or regulatory testing.

The X-Base system was available from Yodobashi Camera in Japan when I visited in 2019 so it was available at retail in the Japanese market, at least.

I saw the X-Base in Akihabara, but they were too expensive to justify buying.
I did get a Chinese knock off version like the Gomo, and they work nicely, but you pretty much have to have the item on the base (that's how it works).

But I also noticed the chinese knock off one heats up if you leave it on for too long, so I think it's near for occassionally plugging in, snapping a few shots and that's it. Not as a permanent display.

I was thinking of using them on my Valks thrusters

Just now, borgified said:

Can be a number if things @scand

(1) Vapourware [Your not the only person that said it].

(2) Co-vid delayed everthing and the price of our hobbies has skyrocketed off the roof and it's been delayed to infinity. 

I have no problem waiting for infinity to get here. I can just dream about it untill then.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

bandai messing with the mind, goes and releases the VF-22 instead first...🙃

cos you know...year 2022...😁

Well, they released the VF-19 Advanced before the YF-19, so there's a precedent. However, given that the proto was already painted in YF-21 livery, it's not much of a leap. Besides, the -21 is more popular than the -22 variants, and I think Bandai are well aware that there's a desire at least among some fans to replace the ill-proportioned Yamato. I'm one of those fans.

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

bandai messing with the mind, goes and releases the VF-22 instead first...🙃

cos you know...year 2022...😁

You could be right @seti88. Banda screwing with our brains and giving us the VF-22 first and then the YF-21.

How do you like them apples? =@

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I want the 22 more than the 21. I’ll take both but need more M&M. 

Gotta have more M&M regardless. 🤑 

Bandai being Bandai gonna give us the Delta version with Dimension Eater.

Edit: with display stand to pose it like in the show

Edited by wmkjr

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Legs as online-only add-on pack?

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

bandai's response.........what legs?

Don't even joke about it!  I seriously doubt they'd do that, but don't give them ideas. 

I just want a nice balanced YF-21 that'll look good proportionally next to the VF-19 Advanced. I need no other gimmicks: no breakaway limbs for re-enacting the delimiter scene, no lights, no sounds, just a good looking battroid that transforms into a decent looking fighter with nice tight joints, good paint, the requisite tampo, retractable gear, and some FAST packs. Hell, I don't even need the FAST packs, although they'd be nice.

It's already dead for now - @jenius' post on Nov. 24, 2020 and you @sqidd concurred on the 25th. However @DYRL VF-1S hope that is wasn't on Nov. 24, 2020 and @leeboo1211 concurred on the 28th. 

So 50/50 chance?? :aggressive:

Hoping that this will get the defibillator shock on this project and it rises again, or it will get the DX VF-22/DX VF-11 treatment first and then get Bandai to screw us again of for the actual DX YF-21 to drop.   

17 hours ago, borgified said:

It's already dead for now - @jenius' post on Nov. 24, 2020 and you @sqidd concurred on the 25th. However @DYRL VF-1S hope that is wasn't on Nov. 24, 2020 and @leeboo1211 concurred on the 28th. 

So 50/50 chance?? :aggressive:

Hoping that this will get the defibillator shock on this project and it rises again, or it will get the DX VF-22/DX VF-11 treatment first and then get Bandai to screw us again of for the actual DX YF-21 to drop.   

I actually kinda hope they don't release it so I'm saved from myself. I have for Yamato YF-21's alreday. But I would still get Bandai ones if they were released.:lol:

Edited by sqidd

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, AlphaOne said:

With Macross Plus coming to US theaters, hopefully this will reinvigorate the possibility Bandai will go through on this.  

Man, I hope.  The old Yammie just doesn't do it for me, but that Bandai proto sings to my soul.❤️

C'mon people y'all know its eventual release, the question is how much freakin' longer do we gotta wait for it! With all this global anticipation, I can almost foresee PO night for dx yf-21, I'll be that miserable bastard at 302am without a toy panicking, furiously hitting 'add to cart' in vain, because I can not complete with those scalpers with the bots. :crazy:

I’m still saying that it’s vapourware like Mezco’s One:12 Keaton Bats, Mr.Freeze and Death Dealer @Angesdad cause they can find out the perfect solution to the supposed “Seamless Body” that they have announced on the pre-orders. 

I’m guessing that the DX YF-21 might be ready by 2023 and the VF-22 sometime next year if goes accordingly.