Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Most people will shed integrity for money. Not everyone can be Banksy. This may be the most punk rock thing I have ever seen.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/watch-14-million-bansky-painting-shred-itself-soon-it-sold-180970486/

Up to this day i wonder why the shredder stopped halfway? heh...some say its worth more now.. which may not be what banksy intended...

half-shredded valks anyone? :p

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Up to this day i wonder why the shredder stopped halfway? heh...some say its worth more now.. which may not be what banksy intended...

half-shredded valks anyone? :p

Occam's Razor. It broke.:lol:

2 hours ago, Mog said:

So. . . exploding Guld pilot imminent? 

Not if you include a Ghost for Guld to chase after in the DX box package. 

Edit: Why not include a fold booster as well in the set as he had it chase down Isamu in one of the episode?

Edited by borgified

59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Given that the YF-19 was released with all the missiles, FAST packs, effect parts, arm-gun, and fold booster:

I'm guessing that the YF-21 will just be a full set pack as well.

This is where I'm at.  Bandai loves to nickel and dime, but I think they know their limits.  I'm pretty sure this will have everything as a "full set pack."

2 hours ago, Actar said:

May I ask how big a possible DX Chogokin Ghost X-9 would be and if it could be included as an accessory in a full-set pack?

@Xigfrid designed one up and built one in 1/60 scale

This specific posts has it alongside a 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

Wait a a minute here....

For a Ghost X-9, can Bandai reuse and upsize the ones from Luca's DX RVF-25 Super Renewal and Ghost Set? We know that Bandai loves to milk some of the molds correct. ;)

Nope, completely different mold and size.

6 hours ago, Actar said:

May I ask how big a possible DX Chogokin Ghost X-9 would be and if it could be included as an accessory in a full-set pack?

The best Bandai could do is sell one separate for $90-$100.  It’s sizable and even though it doesn’t transform it does have quite a few opportunities for add-ons and gimmicks itself.

Honestly, fighter mode on the prototype wasn’t that bad.  Thicc-er?  Yes.  But not that bad.  A few tweaks were all it needed.

But I really hope they’re re-working their design on the bellyplates, especially the shape of the ends for battroid and better integrating the back end better for Gerwalk.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Mog said:

Honestly, fighter mode on the prototype wasn’t that bad.  Thicc-er?  Yes.  But not that bad.  A few tweaks were all it needed.

But I really hope they’re re-working their design on the bellyplates, especially the shape of the ends for battroid and better integrating the back end better for Gerwalk.

The belly plates are the worst design feature of the YF-21, IMHO. I think I'm in a minority of one, but I liked the truncated versions of Bandai's prototype, as they'll likely be less in the way and they look better to me aesthetically than Yamato's. I don't like them at all, but since they have to be there, I'd rather they were designed to favor each mode- long in fighter, shortened in Battroid and GERWALK so they're not tripping over the damn things.  And I agree with you @Mog; the proto's fighter mode, while a little thicker than the Yammie, still was reasonably sleek considering the improved proportionality of the legs. I would happily take the proto as-is, as it strikes a good balance across modes without egregiously compromising the fighter mode. That said, I'm not opposed to further improvements, as long as they're not to the detriment of the Battroid mode like the Yamato. It's a tough nut for a toy company, as Kawamori employed copious amounts of animation magic to optimize each mode's proportions to an impractical level. Turning that lineart into a functioning three-dimensional form that stays completely true to the art is nigh impossible, so a little compromise across modes is forgivable for this valk. I'd rather a slightly thicker fighter for a much improved Battroid. If you like the thin sleek fighter better, and don't care about a Battroid on stilts, that's already been done. This go round, I'm hoping for more balance in the favor of the Battroid mode.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Well said @M'Kyuun

Thank you, sir. I guess we're a minority of two. That still beats being the one lonely dissenting voice amidst the cacophony of voices crying, "fighter's too thick!"

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Thank you, sir. I guess we're a minority of two. That still beats being the one lonely dissenting voice amidst the cacophony of voices crying, "fighter's too thick!"

I would have been more than fine for a mm or two thicker fighter on the Yamato for better battroid legs. That would’ve been an almost perfect YF-21 toy for me.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I agree as well, the long plates on the Yamato (combined with the loose chicken legs) are a nightmare for Battroid posing. Yamato looks great in fighter, but not so good in other modes.

7 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

You're not alone. I liked the Bandai.

Here's hoping this DX YF-21 will not be stillborn like the Hi-Metal version they showed off years ago. What a shame it would be since this DX was shown already all painted up and look to be nearing release instead of just an early prototype grey mold..