Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

Something where the transformation is designed so that two different forms look a particular way, and anything goes in achieving it.

Whereas for Valkyries, there is importance placed on the transformation as well, rather than just the various forms being accurate.

All this chat about panel forming has lead to a tiff between Studio Cell's vs Haslabs's Harbinger of the Universe (except on takes 30mins just to convert it back and forth plus one comes shipped with a gargantuan ass sized box) ?? :blink:

Panel forming on the DX YF-21 is fine with me like the 1/60 Yammie YF-21, just don't over do it and put on the un-necessary places.  

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't there be a show in a week or two? I thought there was a Tamashii event at the end of October... after all, that's when they first showed off the YF-21 prototype. I'm sure this year's 'show' would be virtual like the last show was.

23 minutes ago, enphily said:

yes, they will do online event at november 6 - 8 IIRC

Posted on the Bandai thread by @seti88 dated October 8th (in his write up below): 

" English site of this years virtual event..

https://tamashiination2020.tamashiinations.com/

Hmmm.... No hidden pic or mention of anything Macrossy yet(?)... "

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Posted on the Bandai thread by @seti88 dated October 8th (in his write up below): 

" English site of this years virtual event..

https://tamashiination2020.tamashiinations.com/

Hmmm.... No hidden pic or mention of anything Macrossy yet(?)... "

I suspect that the Japanese site will be updated faster and more frequently than the English one:

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

Still nothing Macross-related yet, as far as I can see....

You mean a very long wait @seti88and we see tumbleweeds rolling by... 

The DX YF-29 Alto Full Set and DX VF-1s Roy (T.V. version) with Supers will be on display for sure as they have just been advertised. 

I guess that I'll be going into hibernation mode for a awhile until something gets my attention. 

:D...DX macross collecting....

periods of no sightings, followed by euphoria and ultimately stress F5ing over a 5 min DX chogokin PO..:rolleyes:

as for the wait though, i hope bandai takes the time to work out all the kinks in the 21. (standard macross collector answer :D)

and then gives us a big mispelled tampo.:sorry:

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

and then gives us a big mispelled tampo.:sorry:

Exactly what I was going to say. Sheesh, that YF-19 sits on my shelf like the unloved step-child with those bizarre wing tampos! 

30 minutes ago, arbit said:

Exactly what I was going to say. Sheesh, that YF-19 sits on my shelf like the unloved step-child with those bizarre wing tampos! 

Hahah bandai wouldnt be bandai without a controversial tampo design to stir things up! :p 

Or maybe Bandai's way of ensuring more PO's would be available. :p

I might be the only one liking the yf-19 tampo on the wings though. :rolleyes: :lol: Something abt it fitting the prototype test plane theme..
Got it that its not everyone's cup of tea..

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I might be the only one liking the yf-19 tampo on the wings though. :rolleyes: :lol: Something abt it fitting the prototype test plane theme..

Got it that its not everyone's cup of tea..

Omg!! A positive opinion about the tampo! I think I love my YF-19 a little more this morning thanks to you. "Test plane theme" mhmmm!!!! :D

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Best places are probably either Mandarake/Jungle or the for-sale section of this forum.

They have been popping up on YahooJP Auctions a lot lately for what seems like reasonable money too.

Thank you for the advice!  Does mandarake check contents or photograph for you to check the item?

Sorry to derail the thread - still can wait for new picks of the 21. I hope they can get more of the bell bottom look going and overall massage the proportions/ stance.  It deserves it!

30 minutes ago, Kurisama said:

Thank you for the advice!  Does mandarake check contents or photograph for you to check the item?

Sorry to derail the thread - still can wait for new picks of the 21. I hope they can get more of the bell bottom look going and overall massage the proportions/ stance.  It deserves it!

Mandarake sells and ships their own items, and they're pretty meticulous about what they sell. In other words, their grading scale is conservative. I've received items with "damaged" boxes and couldn't figure out what they saw. I've also received "opened" items and it wasn't clear that anyone ever took the items out of their plastic trays. Sometimes they show pictures of the items and not just the box, but not always. I've only ever had one issue with a Mandarake purchase and it wasn't that bad.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Mandarake sells and ships their own items, and they're pretty meticulous about what they sell. In other words, their grading scale is conservative. I've received items with "damaged" boxes and couldn't figure out what they saw. I've also received "opened" items and it wasn't clear that anyone ever took the items out of their plastic trays. Sometimes they show pictures of the items and not just the box, but not always. I've only ever had one issue with a Mandarake purchase and it wasn't that bad.

The DX 1/48 VF-1S I got from them was also rated as damaged box, but I couldn't find a single ding or scratch on the box (not that I cared).

I didn't have as much luck with an opened item I got from them though. It was the super parts for Alto's YF-29. One of the "petals" on the extending fold wave emitters was missing and I had to scavenge a piece off an anniversary edition version super part to replace it and repaint the little arrow marking to red.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The downside there is that unlike Mandarake/Jungle you'll have to pay proxy fees, and possibly Japanese domestic tax.

To me somethings price is what it costs landed on your doorstep.;)

Fingers crossed for new information to be released for the new YF-21.

Was there much to be updated or modified since the last set of pictures. Honestly, from what was shown there really didn’t seem to appear much more room for improvement. It seemed ready for market.

The bellyplate shape for battroid looked really off.

We still haven’t seen what Gerwalk is supposed to look like, especially with a third of the underside not becoming part of the hip guards.

And knowing Bandai, they probably won’t include the FAST packs.  But we don’t know how they’ll incorporate the armor, given the transformation process they went with (separating the bellyplates into front and back sections).

There’s just some weird design choices going on with the whole bellyplates/underside.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't mind me. I'm just lurking if there's new update on the DX YF-21. :ph34r:

Well, there will definitely be something Macross-related at the upcoming Tamashii Nations show, in the Soul of Chogokin area. No idea if the YF-21 will be among the toys displayed, but here's hoping....

image.thumb.png.497d64dc72274da19665bc1ac21433c7.png

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

penguinroid or pengroids you mean? A contender to the the king pengroids...the SV262? :lol:

should we decide on the proper designation for penginroid, penguinroid, pengroid? :D

I did some back digging and it's Pengriod as @Chronocidal mentioned in the "What's next for Arcadia thread". 

Here's the pic that @MacrossJunkie posted over there on August 21st of the Yammie in that form. 

20200821_203836.jpg.695781157c221331099a56a46ce2fff8.jpg