Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

36 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Oh man! That would be great if they showed some progress with the 21 at the upcoming event.

I just bought too many Yamato 21's. There will absolutely be news on a DX.:rofl:

I would take that YF-21 as-is, as I was never too plussed about the Yamato with it's disparate proportions in battroid. The Bandai is far better balanced, and I can excuse the little bit of belly bulge in fighter, as it's still pretty sleek, while doing a good job of hiding far better proportioned legs. Anyway, definitely anxious for news on this guy. Been waiting a long time for a 'definitive' YF-21, and I think this'll do the job, for my tastes, anyway. I'm a battroid guy, so I want a good looking well-proportioned B-mode. 

10 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I don’t look forward to PO night for this fella if today is an indication of future POs unless its a TWE. 

No one is ready..

It's how you roll the dice and see where it lands. :unknw: 

14 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

My Yamato version arrived today. Just waiting on a flightpose stand for it. I think even if i put all the stickers on it, it would still look way more subtle than the dx version.macross.jpg.c64a2582c24ecf5ea7cb37b08b6e5383.jpg

Nice score!

Nothing is less subtle than Bandai's tampo efforts. Bandai has no restraint. They're the toy equivalent of Homer being given a ton of money and no restrictions to design a car. :p (Maybe not that extreme but you get the meaning.)

the-homer-inline4.jpg.ea2bfa202d929fa45d526889a2f38852.jpg

2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

My Yamato version arrived today. Just waiting on a flightpose stand for it. I think even if i put all the stickers on it, it would still look way more subtle than the dx version.

Congrats! I got mine few months ago and i love it. But i hope i'll get DX version too

Longer.  Bellyplates.  For.  Battroid.

Pics of Gerwalk, preferably showing the underside.

Both issues are related, and that bellyplate design is biggest design choice that utterly mucks up all three modes.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice score!

Nothing is less subtle than Bandai's tampo efforts. Bandai has no restraint. They're the toy equivalent of Homer being given a ton of money and no restrictions to design a car. :p (Maybe not that extreme but you get the meaning.)

the-homer-inline4.jpg.ea2bfa202d929fa45d526889a2f38852.jpg

Thanks, It's the yellow lines on the dx that i am not really keen on. Looks like something from Tron lol Plus for a super secret prototype aircraft, you of thought that they would hide any sensitive information. They have literally plastered it like a sponsor billboard.

2 hours ago, enphily said:

Congrats! I got mine few months ago and i love it. But i hope i'll get DX version too

Thanks, It a very well thought out toy considering it's age now. Having the purge mode as well just shows they went above and beyond. I have a vf-11b on route ,and i just need to pick up an arcadia yf-19 to complete the "yam scale" set. i already have 3 dx yf-19's and plan on getting the same amount for the yf-21/vf-11b dx's too. Fingers crossed anyway.

6 hours ago, enphily said:

I predict release on 2021, as obviously YF-21 number. Hahahaha... Just an assuming. :p

Edited by VF22fan
Correction to amend

1 hour ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

no te gusta el exceso de tampo

la solución es fácil:spiteful:

20200703_202450.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bolt said:

¡ Sí se puede! But acetone may be too strong, no? 

I think so as it may burn through the tampo plus the plastic.

@tekering used Mr. Colour Lacquer Thinner to remove the white tampographs on his copy of the DX YF-19 Full Set. 

Quote: " I removed the offending white paint with Mr. Color lacquer thinner.  Surprisingly, it had little effect on the black paint underneath..." Pg. 81 on the DX YF-19 Full Set thread dated Sept. 28/2018.

Pic below

removed.jpg.5a2a8ebcb916025c566ea43914449e50.jpg

1 hour ago, VF22fan said:

I predict release on 2021, as obviously YF-21 number. Hahahaha... Just an assuming. :p

But seeing that the yf-19 was released in 2018, maybe the yf-21 can be released in 2020? We still got dec slot for a release yet to be filled

I think Yamato overall made fighter mode more accurate to the lineart while Bandai did a better job covering the gaps that the Yamato version had that showed the legs and feet in fighter mode. 

That said, I do like the looks of the Bandai version in fighter mode, I'm not that picky about fighter mode lineart with the YF-21 because there seemed to be a lot of anime magic going on with it. 

7 minutes ago, moose said:

Are they going to release both the yf 21 and release the  yf 19 .

You can get the YF-19 Full Set Pack close to retail at Mandarake. It pops up from time to time. 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, chyll2 said:

Looks like no update based on the tamashii VR event. The covered VF is clearly the YF-29 alto

You guessed wrong... It's actually the Vamp Valk in disguise. :ph34r: 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:52 AM, TrickyCustomer said:

My Yamato version arrived today. Just waiting on a flightpose stand for it. I think even if i put all the stickers on it, it would still look way more subtle than the dx version.macross.jpg.c64a2582c24ecf5ea7cb37b08b6e5383.jpg

One of my favorite purchases of all time.  I have it parked beside the similar era yamato '19 and a V2 Roy...