Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

On 1/16/2020 at 4:03 PM, anime52k8 said:

From the master file book:20200116_145052.thumb.jpg.451dbed8408a6374c0ed638fa00deb52.jpg

This diagram always points to my biggest issues with the YF-21.  Basically those intakes are an aerodynamics nightmare.  The only way that the VF-21/VF-22 can work is because of the morph metal shown off in the wings.  Basically the thighs (at a minimum) of the legs would have no choice but to compress flat to allow for an intake that doesn't shatter the compressor face with wicked compressor stalls.  Event then, there would be issues.

In a toy, the solution is parts forming, but to take Bandai approach.  Skeletonize the legs like in a RG Gundam model.  Then have "morph metal" pieces that snap on depend on whether is it is in fighter or battroid mode.  Yes, most fans will just leave the pieces off when in fighter mode, or maybe just put on the "bottom" pieces.  But that is a way it could work and not make the fighter mode seriously Thick.

• 4 weeks later...

May release slot is still open. So place your bets if there would be a May Macross release or not.

If there is a May release news of a pre-order for any Macross items should open this month or early March.

Otherwise, its gonna be a cramped 2nd half of the year for a GBP/21/Another DX?

Edited by seti88

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, seti88 said:

Bnadai has their Tamashii Nations Events. However dont discount around release slot timings, as i mentioned above. 

I follow Tamashi Nations for the Metal Build Gundams , I dont know how it is with Macross related stuff but as of late Bandai has been recycling a lot off early designs and just changing color schemes and re releasing them. They are getting lazy at their Tamashii events 

2 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

I follow Tamashi Nations for the Metal Build Gundams , I dont know how it is with Macross related stuff but as of late Bandai has been recycling a lot off early designs and just changing color schemes and re releasing them. They are getting lazy at their Tamashii events 

Are you trolling right now? Macross collecting is all about getting the same mold re-released in the color variant and head style we want. And we gobble them up. We're practically printing money for Bandai with extra steps.

11 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Are you trolling right now? Macross collecting is all about getting the same mold re-released in the color variant and head style we want. And we gobble them up. We're practically printing money for Bandai with extra steps.

Not trolling , Im just sharing my experience from the Gundam side of things which is were my collection primarily focuses. Im still fairly new to Macross collecting as I only started when the DX Chogokin VF-31 series came out 

12 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Not trolling , Im just sharing my experience from the Gundam side of things which is were my collection primarily focuses. Im still fairly new to Macross collecting as I only started when the DX Chogokin VF-31 series came out 

He was being sarcastic and self depreciating at the same time.;)

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

He was being sarcastic and self depreciating at the same time.;)

Yes. Not trying to be a jerk :) Just accepting my life how I see it. Oh and I forgot this was in the YF-21 thread so yeah.. that's an entirely new mold. I was actually talking about the VF-1 and VF-31 molds which I have multiples of because I NEED TO COLLECT ALL THE COLORS.

• 1 month later...

In that time, they'd have plenty of time to do an "anime-accurate" YF-19 re-issue to go with the -21 and build hype for it...  (put the Advanced feet back on, and remove the lettering from the wings and tailfins...)   (I just looked at Kawamori's YF-19 drawings recently, and I still don't get WTF Bandai was referencing for the "cube-heels" they put on Isamu's)

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

So, I just bought another Yamato 1/60 YF-21 for a little too much money. Be prepared for the DX YF-21 PO announcement in the next few days. You're welcome!:p:hi:

Do you have three of them yet? That seems to be the magic number, after which Bandai makes a PO announcement. ;)

20 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Do you have three of them yet? That seems to be the magic number, after which Bandai makes a PO announcement. ;)

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Four:shok:

And a VF-22

You're going to need at least seven not four!

Guld (x3), Max, Milia, Gamilin and Sr. Immelmann. :lol:

1 minute ago, borgified said:

You're going to need at least seven not four!

Guld (x3), Max, Milia, Gamilin and Sr. Immelmann. :lol:

Well, yeah!:yahoo:

The four 21's are for Guld:good:

-Fighter

-Fighter with fold booster

-Battroid

-De-Limiter mode

I'm not a huge 21 Gerwalk fan. But I'll need to do something with the DX's I get.:fool:

8 minutes ago, HomieHasegawa said:

Hey everyone. New to the community. Have a question.

Do you think Bandai will rerelease the yf-19 along with whenever they decide to release this yf-21? Thanks/

I doubt it would be done at the same time as the YF-21, but I wouldn't be surprised if a year later they re-issued the YF-19. If they decide to do a VF-11, it might be two years later before they got to a reissue. Of course, all we can do is guess.

18 minutes ago, HomieHasegawa said:

Hey everyone. New to the community. Have a question.

Do you think Bandai will rerelease the yf-19 along with whenever they decide to release this yf-21? Thanks/

You can pickup a DX YF-19 relatively close to MSRP at Mandarake. 

Take @spacemanoeuvres advice @HomieHasegawa

Make sure that you pick up the correct one and not the broken one.

The other question is to see if Manda will ship it to where you are residing as mailing packages is suspended to certain countries around the world. Please do read the Suspension of Mailing thread before you order.  

Sorry, I thought there was only one DX issue for the YF-19.  Is there a broken version?  (or are you guys saying that there is a broken toy for sale at Mandarake as well as new in box versions?)  Am I having flashbacks to broken shoulders of the older toys?

The broken version is up for sale at 24k yen @wm cheng

The 27k yen has been snagged sometime last night/this morning. 

* This is the version that you didn't get slapped with Customs Fees at all! *

The only DX that got re-issued again is Alto's YF-29 with Fast Packs and let me guess... You didn't know about it?? 

2 hours ago, HomieHasegawa said:

Yeah the one listed on Mandrake has a broken part on it. There’s another one but that looks like a variant from Frontier.

That's the Advanced YF-19 without the fold booster and the missile set, however it has the Frontier Boosters, the pin point barrier punch and the SMS tampographs. 

Edit: Corrected details. 

Edited by borgified

25 minutes ago, HomieHasegawa said:

Thank you both for your help! I’ll take a closer look at it when I get home. It appears that they do have DHL available for shipping, though the only one that they have for this version is the damaged one unfortunately. 

That stinks. Keep an eye on Mandarake; they will get more in soon. I see them there from time to time.