Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

11 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Red panel lines too big. Cancel PO.

Black is slightly bluish. PO cancelled.

That's 3 PO's up for grabs to whomever wants them :p

Serious though. If we use the DX YF-19 as reference from when it was shown on display to PO date then I'd also guess March/April.

Your post triggered me. I'm canceling my PO's.:p

Seeing all these mixed reactions about the prototype. I am curious who would be wanting to get rid of their Yamato YF-21 for the Bandai Version. I am really debating on selling or trading mine but am really conflicted. Need input please.

14 minutes ago, Buddhais said:

Seeing all these mixed reactions about the prototype. I am curious who would be wanting to get rid of their Yamato YF-21 for the Bandai Version. I am really debating on selling or trading mine but am really conflicted. Need input please.

You should sell me yours for $175.;)

2 hours ago, Buddhais said:

I’m keeping my Yamato and I’ll be picking up at least one Bandai.  Both will have different desirable aspects. Even if I just end up storing one or the other or both, I’ll be happier knowing I have them. Getting 2-4 hundred for my Yamato now isn’t worth the gamble on how much I will or won’t like the Bandai. And like I said, I’m pretty sure I’ll just want both anyways. 

Thanks for the comparison pics Valhary.

While I kind of agree that the DX version looks overall better in Batroid mode, I think I actually prefer the higher position of the back pack, the bigger arms & hands and the longer belly plates kibble of the Yamato version.

That comparison is interesting.  Because of the placement of the lower chest on the Yammie it makes the backpack look higher which is actually correct.  On the Bandai the chest is higher, which is in the correct position, but it puts the backpack at the same level, which is not correct.  Thicker arms on the Yammie looks better, I agree.  Legs are clearly more accurate on the Bandai one.  It appears Bandai focused on Battroid and that explains the more stubby nose cone.  If the nose cone were as long as the Yammie it would extend past the knees, which it does not in the lineart.  The 21 may be one of the hardest to nail in all modes.

Comparing the back of the fighters, the Yammie seems a bit too wide and the Bandai seems a bit too narrow.  Though from directly behind I think I appreciate how the Bandai version's spacing looks a bit more, though the MASSIVE afterburners next to the tail fins does not look as good.  The 21 is pretty much impossible to get right in all three modes at once.  Both Bandai and Arcadia got the 19 to look pretty close in all three modes but the 21 simply has to be overly-compromised one way or another.

You'd think with all the space Bandai gave in the sides of the back end, they could have crammed in some arms that don't look so doggone whimpy. :huh:  I can get used to the thicker exhausts, but the arms and canopy shape still throw me quite a bit.  

Guess we'll see.  Not going to kid myself and say I won't try to get at least a pair, but I'll be a lot happier if they manage to figure those points out.

As it stands now.. Honestly, I feel like the Yammie is a better overall shape in both fighter and battroid.  The only thing the Bandai has going for it is the legs.. maybe I'll just do a leg transplant to a Yamato version, and fulfill the original Omega Pants Initiative. :p 

5 hours ago, Marcion said:

I do hope arcadia will remake yamato yf21, I dislike the bandai yf21 marking.

Arcadia is revamping the VF-1 line slowly so it will be a while before they touch the YF-21 (if and when they get to it and if its on their list to do). Who knows if they have access to the old Yamato molds/files for that matter. 

Since Arcadia is now issuing the replacement parts for the Ivanoff's 51 and with the PE VF-4G and PF VF-0d projects in the works, hopefully that the eventual PF VF-1 (I think), Nora and the CF 51 versions get made.

For now the DX YF-21 is your option and take off the unslighly tampos if really bothers you when get it.

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@jenius I know we’re getting off topic here but that sounds awfully pertinent to a review of the figure. If you can’t find one that isn’t messed up...

Well it would certainly get mentioned in the review, but I buy and keep my toys and have no desire to own a messed up one.

続いて企画担当からはついにお披露目された「DX超合金 YF-21」についても語られました。「DX超合金 YF-21」は現在、河森正治氏監督の監修をいただきながら絶賛開発中。何度か試作を重ねており既に“Ver.4”とも言える段階ですが、発売は未定。「来年には皆様に発表できるといいのですが……」とのこと。

Next, the planning staff also talked about “DX Chogokin YF-21” that was finally unveiled.“DX Chogokin YF-21” is currently under development with supervision by Mr. Shoji Kawamori. It has been prototyped several times and is already at the stage of “Ver.4”, but the release is undecided. “I hope to be able to announce it to everyone next year ...”.

SOURCE

Edited by Reïvaj
Source added