Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

7 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

a VF-11 will probebly come with both the super pack boosters and the SFBs so they can pad the box out and justify charging the same price as the YF-19.

lets hope for an eventual vf-11 possibility nevertheless! bandai got me hooked......

4 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I feel like the 21 could stand to be 5~10% larger. I just think the  YF-21 should be taller than the YF 19.

I noticed that the 1st time too, then realised the 19 somehow sits higher on its adapter, compared to the 21.

Yeah, in my mind the 21 always seemed larger than the 19 somehow, but maybe am not paying attention.

Maybe if they put them both on the ground standing would be a better comparison.

Edited by seti88

17 minutes ago, valhary said:

I do not see hardpoints in the wings=no missiles for this bird nevertheless like the profile of fighter mode

The YF-21 (and the VF-22) does not have hard points on the wings coz it does not carry missiles on its wings.

Edited by treatment

21 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this looks dumb, where is this from?

Looks like a Zentradi half plane.  Kinda don't make sense to make it look like an alien if a human is piloting it.  

That's kinda the point, supposed to be reminiscent of the zentradi pods.

Also the pilot is a zentradi.

Wings won’t have hardpoints because, if you’ll recall, the 21 used MAW (mission adaptive wing) technology to change their camber and deflection. Don’t think that would play nice with inflexible stores. 

What this SHOULD come with are the FAST packs and gunpods, as well as a fold booster and, maybe, the ability to remove the arms and legs for delimiter mode. Maybe. 

Oh, and we need a Tamashii Web Exclusive X-9 Ghost. And some new figures of Isamu, Guld, Myung, and Sharon wouldn’t go wrong. 

Edited by Sildani

9 minutes ago, enphily said:

You used my comparison picture and recon's screenshot on your site without asking. And most of these pictures is not yours too, you got them in other sites

I dont have a site, and all photographs I posted here were taken by me, or in one case by the friend who was with me at TN2019. I'm asking nicely that you do not repost my or others images to promote your own site.

20191025_214906.jpg

Edited by Zx31

Sorry. I thought you're an author of this page and trying to blame me in stealing your photos.

You need some kind of watermark...

And sorry one more time. I didn't see these two photos here before i posted it. IDK why, cause i remember other photos from same your post

Edited by enphily

Battroid looks about as close as you could get without the legs getting in the way of everything (minus the terrible elbows that have already been discussed.)  But the shape of fighter mode between the nose being shaped wrong (which does affect the look of Battroid) and the back half is considerably incorrect.  The placement of the vertical stabilizers are too far forward.  The legs may be longer in figher mode, the Bandai 19 is guilty of this as well.  The stabilizers seem oversized eightwise too, probably to match/obfuscate the oversized brick on the back.  At least they're proportionally the same as the lineart even if they are larger. 

The tampo on this is far less obnoxious than on the 19.

Edited by Mommar

5 minutes ago, enphily said:

Sorry. I thought you're an author of this page and trying to blame me in stealing your photos.

You need some kind of watermark...

Yeah, those were all taken and posted on a phone since this wasnt planned and the timing just worked out with my vacation.

9 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I feel like the 21 could stand to be 5~10% larger. I just think the  YF-21 should be taller than the YF 19.

hmm not sure , it seems to me the height is spot on, loved that Bandai didn't put those skinny legs from previous releases found in Yamato's versions:

image.png.567712afc8af2ccdcf4f7f570c0b0874.png