Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

Oh god... PTSD Pre-Order evening. No. I can the 19 in any variation still. That stress is brutal. 

I'm going into my place of zen now to shake off those memories. If I get one on PO night I would be happy. If not. Mandrake has NEVER steered me wrong. 

Google translate: Comment from the person in charge of DX Chogokin (Macross) I am happy to finally show off YF-21. At the present time it is about the third prototype, but Kawamori-san and Tenjin-san talked about something before the exhibition, so the prototype will continue (bitter smile)
Edited by enphily

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks good. I'm in.

I'm hoping they make it a full set pack with fold booster, but knowing Bandai they'll just make it compatible with the fold booster that came with the 19 and make you track down a YF-19 on the aftermarket. :p

I just happen to have two 19 Full sets that I didn't mount the boosters on (Gerwalk and Battroid)........................................:D

Still going to need FP's for the 21 tho.

Edited by sqidd

Need to see more fighter mode pics; for me it's  all about the fighter mode, to which the '60 Yamato does perfectly, IMO...

Just now, myk said:

Need to see more fighter mode pics; for me it's  all about the fighter mode, to which the '60 Yamato does perfectly, IMO...

I love the 21 so much that I'd still buy it with a slightly sub standard fighter mode.:D

8 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It looks like this might not be the final production product.  But as always when we get a new mold revealed:

787.jpg

For the kind of money that thing will be asking for, I'd better be able to go into orbit with it in a fighter mode that's PERFECT looking...

1 hour ago, enphily said:

Google translate: Comment from the person in charge of DX Chogokin (Macross) I am happy to finally show off YF-21. At the present time it is about the third prototype, but Kawamori-san and Tenjin-san talked about something before the exhibition, so the prototype will continue (bitter smile)

Thanks for the tweet and the translation. This looks like a different tweet about the upcoming Nu Gundam though?

1 hour ago, nathans82 said:

I cannot wait! I've been wanting a DX YF-21 to go with my DX YF-19 since it came out!

I have been trying to hunt down a reasonably priced Yamato YF-21 for a while now, but am glad that Bandai is going to do their own DX version. This is happening sooner than I thought actually.

This is another reminder that the YF-21/VF-22 has a metric crapton of anime magic built into the design.  The fighter wings always look stubby, but the bigger they are, the more awkward the back kibble in battroid.  The sleeker the nose area, the more lanky the battroid.  IMHO Bandai favored fighter mode for the YF-19 design: I'm hoping that more shots of the '21 will reveal a perfect fighter mode at least (I'd rather have one solid fighter/odd battroid than 3 mediocre modes))

3 hours ago, enphily said:

EHpILZ7U8AM6ieX?format=jpg&name=medium

See, I know it’s an optical illusion due to the angle of the photo, but it seems like the nose/cockpit area is just a smidge too small.

And yet the bellyplates are significantly smaller, so you’d think the wings and back of the plane should be more compressed. 

So confusing without more pics :wacko:

Oh God my wallet screamed... 

I'm gonna keep watching. Honestly I'm more interested in a VF-22 in Max colors, but I don't know if they'll do that or not. 

Battroid is a massive improvement. I know I'm not as nitpicky as some collectors here but I can't see what is so troubling about the fighter so far. To me it looks amazing. Likely future prototypes will get better too. 

I don't know if I can afford this... Maybe I should consider some sales... 

Never too soon to bang the VF-11 drums! :5:

One thought tho, am sure the YF-21 is a bigger bird than the 19, plastic usage wise, that is.
And i would expect that to cause a slightly higher price bump on the YF-21.

Now, for the VF-11, its certainly smaller, plastic wise than the 21, or even the 19? So would that mean a cheaper valk?

Its not bandai to issue cheaper new valks. Would that stop bandai from ever issuing a vf-11, i wonder.

If they do then a VF-11 DX would need to be fully kitted out of the box to maintain the price floor.

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

One thought tho, am sure the YF-21 is a bigger bird than the 19, plastic usage wise, that is.

Now, for the VF-11, its certainly smaller, plastic wise than the 21, or even the 19? So would that mean a cheaper valk?

Its not bandai to issue cheaper new valks. Would that stop bandai from ever issuing a vf-11, i wonder.

If they do then a VF-11 DX would need to be fully kitted out of the box to maintain the price floor.

I can see it now, VF-11B full set, with supers and the over/under rocket boosters from Macross Plus.

20 minutes ago, seti88 said:

When it comes to manufacturing the cost of the plastic/materials is a minuscule percentage of the entire cost of the unit.