• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

We are also eagerly awaiting the R rated Disney theme park, edgier, pushes against the envelop, where the employees are free to swear at guests, because you know... 

I thought they already had that . Where employees in costume are getting felt up by tourists :lol:

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

DISNEY knows how to chase money so I bet there will be two rated versions when released, R and PG-13.

Well, there was already that goofy A Princess Bride PG-13 re-release of Deadpool 2 to fill a gap in Fox's release schedule a few Christmas seasons ago. So I guess there's precedent?

With Deadpool 3 they could write and film the whole thing from the ground up to work as two versions, R and PG13. The Deadpool Before Christmas was just an edited version of 2, whole scenes and big chunks of other scenes were cut entirely, making the film really jumbled, and the story didn't make much sense because essential scenes and bits were missing.

Deadpool 3 could be a truly massive, Avengers level hit if Disney released a proper R and PG13 cut. Not picking one audience over the over would bring in some serious money, and I think it would be the first film to ever release two versions theatrically at once.

Shooting an R and PG13 version at the same time is a bad idea - it essentially means that the R rated bits will have to be nothing more than needless filler.  Otherwise you end up with the mess that occurs when you change "Son of a .." to "scumbum"

8 hours ago, Dynaman said:

it essentially means that the R rated bits will have to be nothing more than needless filler

I mean I agree but that's the point, you should be able to get the full story in both versions, but you get more raunchiness in the R cut, you can't have anything meaningful story wise in one cut over the other. I think it could be very successful if both cuts are done right.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...