What is your favorite mech from Macross series?

isamuDyson

VF-1 (TV Max is probably my favorite), no doubt. It's just too iconic. Looks great in all modes. Very simple, yet elegant. Well balanced as a toy. Best transforming mecha imho.

I feel the same way about the VF-0S. It's slightly more stylized and, for me, it has the best head design. If it weren't for Bandai's DX rendition of the VF-1, I'd probably like the VF-0S a tiny bit more. It just looks meaner. Lol

Finally, the YF-19 is very impressive. The transformation is very cool and the kibble is kept to a minimum. 

16 hours ago, aiorus_22 said:

MY FAVORITES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VF-1, VF-11, VF-19, VF-25, VA-3, AND THE VF-14 M7 OVA, BUT SPECIALLY VERSIONS WITH LOW VISIBILITY OR MORE REALISTS.

I HAVE RECENTLY FEELED ATTRACTED BY EL CALIBURN, SO MUCH I AM THINKING OF MAKING A CUSTOM

1464007175.jpg

Would be great to see a custom of a Caliburn model in a low visibility scheme.

GOOD LUCK!:D

1)VF-25

2)VF-0 (S or A...not a fan of the D)

3)VF-1

4)YF-19

In general I like the "S" versions best, and A/CF versions 2nd best.  As for armors...The VF-1 generally pulled all of them off the best, IMO. The VF-25 comes in as a close second in that regard. All of the others look better naked.

Anyone who didn't already know the VF-2SS Valkyrie II is my favorite from my long time here would be able to jump to that conclusion pretty damned quick after seeing my collection...

I've got six Valkyrie II's from Evolution Toy (a full Fairy Platoon of a Sylvie and three yellows, a Nex Gilbert, and a spare Sylvie for my office), three Bandai Hi Metal R's (two Sylvies and a Nex), and two of the Bandai 1/100 plastic kits (Placross?) for the Nex Gilbert custom... plus a few of the 1/250 scale minifigs too.  After that, I think the next model I have the most of is VF-31's (DX VF-31A, F, and J, and a plastic C kit).

• 2 weeks later...

The VF-1 is an easy answer- even after all these years, it remains an elegant design that maintains its appeal. Second, the Y/VF -19 variants are just beautiful, both battroid and fighter. It's the design that got me hooked on this Macross stuff. The VF-4, the VF-25, the YF-21, the VB-6 Konig Monster, the Variable Glaug, the VF-14, the SV-51(such a unique and beautiful design), the VF-11. I could  go on- I'm enamored with the majority of Kawamori's variable fighter designs; his attention to realistic details and attempts to make these things look like or approximate real aircraft sets his Macross designs far above all other transforming properties.  I wish many more of them got the toy treatment.

In contrast to my statement, the VB-6 and the Variable Glaug decidedly do not approximate real aerospace craft ( the VB-6 is loosely based on the NASA STS orbiter, but is still a fantasy vehicle). However, what I love about both was that Kawamori took two non-transforming mecha and redesigned them to transform, and the additional spacecraft and battroid modes he created for them look incredibly cool, to me anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet, it's so obvious.  I don't think any of you are seeing the BIG picture here ;) (or maybe it's just not your favorite).  Personally, my absolute favorite mech is...

The SDF-1!!!  It's what started it all.  It's a mech that's big enough to house a city, actually DOES, it transforms, holds all the valks, has the machismo, crew, and good fortune to survive multiple attacks, and even then TAKES OUT THE ENTIRE ZENTRADI FLEET IN ONE FELL SWOOP, and the man at the helm is freakin CAPTAIN GLOBAL, the awesomest character of the whole show.  It's a marvel of human ingenuity being a wrecked piece of crap that landed here, that we fixed it up, and proceeded to take on an entire alien civilization that attacked us for it.  We lived in it, broadcast our culture, and saved the world (sorta) with love... GUSH!!! :give_rose: How can you not love the SDF-1 above all other mechs?!  Well, just my humble opinion. (yr all WRONG!) :rofl:

sdf-1.jpg.d424be047a565e692ca241c10bf681af.jpg

On 10/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Hear! hear!

The YF-21 is a beautiful bird. Can’t wait for the DX and/or HMR :)

Dang, I’m actually on the fence regarding the DX YF-21 :wacko:

I think maybe the HMR looks better in all three modes; probably due to parts-forming. Maybe they will release the HMR first and keep working on the DX. 

880B4AF0-0C36-4650-A94F-6F5E060B28DB.jpeg.0e6068bd409b8e1406dca7d63d0d99cc.jpeg

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
pic