PLAMAX 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie

TMBounty_Hunter

2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Profile comparison w Hase

ox6t38M.jpg

If you switch the center fuselages, you could make a super slim & a phat variant.

That is the 1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 in the bottom. The 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 looks a bit different. Less bulky etc.

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

I assume this is where the Fast Packs will attach in future releases so they don't have to re-tool the piece :)

image.png.4a59e7522b0c2566e4f22135ee8349f0.png

Since it's based on the 1/20, that is indeed the case.

I'm too used to the Hasegawa battroid that this new one looks super awkward... Not that that's going to stop me from buying multiples. :lol: I wonder if it's a static pose kit, though... And I like the sculpt of the pilot figure. Hopefully the final product matches that prototype.

36 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Oh that's a much more retro and rubber robot look than Wave or Hasegawa's offering. The lower legs are bordering on the old Imai look.

Now what I really want to see is the how utterly awful the result would be if you tried to transform those proportions back into a Valkyrie :D :D :D

Probably the closest we'll ever see to that is the Chunky Monkey ;)

...and with respect to the new Roy fighter kit, I will say that I appreciate Hasegawa's approach of making one DYRL VF-1 kit with 1A and 1S heads and a larger sheet of decals covering all Skull Squadron variants. Seems like a waste to make a new set for each variant, but maybe they're capitalizing on our "gotta catch them all" mindset and it makes financial sense for them to go this direction. We know they've thought of the multiple variants option before--just look at the (highly overpriced and incomplete) DX decals they made for the 1/20 kits.

max01096_0.jpg

14 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I gotta say that 1/72 Roy looks damn good. Just wonder how the kit quality is out of the box?.... 

Check the video posted by @no3Ljm a bit earlier. It'll give you a good impression. The Roy Fokker version is just a decal swap variant. The Hikaru version has the A and S head, so maybe the fokker version just comes sans the A head.

@pengbuzz We need to setup a pengbuzz charity paypal account, so people can get you money for hobby kits :)

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

9F40B9D9-9EB9-4EB7-A58C-1CE663C35997.jpeg

71B00E2D-254F-4F98-8EFF-E7045C181EC3.jpeg

2AD8B4AD-B9EC-4579-8E26-3DB74F005E0B.jpeg

2B420555-5360-45F6-8750-3ACF7A6A574A.jpeg

9DB33F88-21CF-4309-B4C6-8FBF486F15BE.jpeg

968B7A19-3284-4852-A338-A1DED5A39E1C.jpeg

DBDB01F5-817B-48C9-9DF5-E281FBFB21EE.jpeg

2E517CC6-E558-4C81-8E07-E9CED272DF9E.jpeg

A940C154-D772-48CC-81E7-9AF4B34E0778.jpeg

0B3215CA-4261-4561-85BD-7A1381CA9FE2.jpeg

For a prototype that Battroid is already looking promising, hopefully the articulation is going to allow for some fun posing.

That compact and dynamic verve in Battroid is something that is completely lost in all the modern transforming toys or model kits.

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

For a prototype that Battroid is already looking promising, hopefully the articulation is going to allow for some fun posing.

That compact and dynamic verve in Battroid is something that is completely lost in all the modern transforming toys or model kits.

I was looking at the recent pictures of the prototype and keeping in mind that it is a prototype. Based on those pictures, I’m really not sure on much action from the joints. It looks like there are joints in the hips, but the elbows and knees look really tight and may be fixed. The feet look separate from the legs, but it’s hard to tell if there are even knee joints. Same with the elbows, although they look separate. These are early prototype pictures and hopefully it will have some cool action in those joints

On 11/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, Big s said:

I was looking at the recent pictures of the prototype and keeping in mind that it is a prototype. Based on those pictures, I’m really not sure on much action from the joints. It looks like there are joints in the hips, but the elbows and knees look really tight and may be fixed. The feet look separate from the legs, but it’s hard to tell if there are even knee joints. Same with the elbows, although they look separate. These are early prototype pictures and hopefully it will have some cool action in those joints

It looks to me like there are knee joints, but what appears to be missing is the joint just below the intakes, which provides the articulation at the hips. If I can link to this image from the Macross Mecha Manual site, this test sample doesn’t seem to have a joint between the brown intakes and the rest of the legs. 

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1j-valkyrie/colorcode-vf1j.gif

I believe all previous Battroid models have been articulated at that spot. It’s a little unclear without going back to watch SDFM or DYRL whether the legs bend at that joint in Battroid mode (they definitely do in Gerwalk form), but I think there should be a more prominent seam there across the front of the “thigh.” 

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1j-valkyrie/vf-1j-battroid.gif

As you said, this is an early sample, so I’m not passing judgement, just observing.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt