Hachette Collection 1/24 VF-1S (subscription collectable)

CF18

Just got a letter that issues 102 and up are delayed.  I had wondered why they were about a week overdue for charging my card.  Hey maybe if there is such great demand they will extend again with some other goodies:)  Per Google Translate:

Dear Sir

Thank you for subscribing to "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross VF-1 VALKYRIE".
Currently, Nos. 102 to 109 have been very well received, and we are remanufacturing the products because the orders exceeded the originally planned product quantity.
We are working hard to deliver the products to our customers as soon as possible, and we will ship them in sequence as soon as they are received.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in delivery, and thank you for your generous understanding.
We look forward to your continued patronage of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross VF-1 VALKYRIE".
I would like to say.

TEL: 0120-073-661: Weekdays 10: 00 ~ 18: 00 FAX: 0120-745-567: * Please be sure to specify your contact information when making inquiries. E-mail form: https://hcj.jp/vf1/contact.html From the inquiry form button

Best regards

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

Fantastic work! I wish I had been brave enough to panel line and paint mine. I love how you got your landing gear to work properly. Mine still catches when opening and closing. It’s really annoying. 

The rear landing gear? This mod helps to open the doors just enough, so they won’t catch when closing.

34A867B4-132C-459A-BAE8-141DD8AEBCAE.jpeg

82F4BB2A-D5F3-4DA1-9345-EA9E98BC8DF3.png

Thank you @takatoys. I wish I had seen these earlier when I was still building it. Instead, I tried Hachette's method of sanding down the landing gear doors and that didn't help all that much. I'll save your video so if/when I have time to take apart my VF-1 and fix this. 

Also, since I'm lazy, I'm hoping that the Strike Set comes with a new controller that doesn't open/close the landing gear at all and instead gives us a different automated sequence to mess around with.

Edit: I was able to see your movie on my phone the first time. Now that I'm trying to save it I can't seem to get to it anymore.

Edited by Grey728

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this auction yesterday for the entire set at $1979.56. It had 5min left when I saw it. I didn't have time to think about it and look into if I could still get the Strike Parts so I didn't bid. Kind of wish I did.:(

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w1047337193?conversionType=browsing_history

No idea where I would put it. But I want one!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The paint job is amazing, let me start with that.  I love it.  The colors look good to me for the most part, accurate to what the items would likely be, power modules, capacitors, metallic relays of copper and gold, etc...  Even the brightly anodized parts make some sense in order to keep them from getting mixed up.  The cabling however would mostly be white with clear ID tags on them.  The colored wires would be inside the white shielding.

Edited by Knight26

3 hours ago, Knight26 said:

The paint job is amazing, let me start with that.  I love it.  The colors look good to me for the most part, accurate to what the items would likely be, power modules, capacitors, metallic relays of copper and gold, etc...  Even the brightly anodized parts make some sense in order to keep them from getting mixed up.  The cabling however would mostly be white with clear ID tags on them.  The colored wires would be inside the white shielding.

I agree about the wires, that was one of the things I considered. All  wires in one color or using different colors to pop up more. I opted for the “anime look” instead of going “realistic”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who didn't continue the add-on Strike Pack and only purchased the base model, Hachette has just released an optional leg fix bracket.

http://www.hcj-shop.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=6990

image.png.7ba4137784af4607ce6ec5996b0be423.png

image.png.0677cfa21892d29175bc3b00e1d5c1f7.png

【オプションパーツ】VF-1ファイターモード専用の脚部固定パーツ

本パーツは、全100号で完成した「超時空要塞マクロス VF-1 バルキリー」ファイターモード(標準装備時)の脚部を固定するためのオプションパーツとなります。

組み立てたバルキリーの脚部はダイキャストパーツが組み込まれており、その重みから時間の経過とともに、スタイリングが保てなくなる可能性がございます。本パーツを取り付けることで、美しいファイターモードのスタイリングを保つことができます。

※本商品は、全100号で完成した「超時空要塞マクロス VF-1 バルキリー」のオプションパーツです。延長号(101号~150号)を購読された方に購入不要です。

※キャンセル、返金、返品等は出来かねますのでご了承ください。

-------------------------------

[Optional parts] Leg fixing parts for exclusive use of VF-1 Fighter Mode  

This part is an optional part to fix the legs of the "Super Dimension Fortress Macross VF-1 Valkyrie" fighter mode (when equipped as standard), which is completed in all 100 issues.  

The assembled Valkyrie's legs incorporate die-cast parts, and due to their weight, there is a possibility that the styling may not be preserved over time. By attaching this part, the beautiful fighter mode styling can be maintained.  

*This product is an optional part for the "Macross VF-1 Valkyrie" completed with all 100 issues. No purchase required for those who have subscribed to the extended issues (No. 101 - 150).  

*Please note that cancellations, refunds, and returns are not possible.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Finally got all the parts in, time to start building.

20221223_133056.jpg

Wow, that’s a lot of packaging.

will you be doing a straight from the manual assembly or doing a custom build? Hikaru type? Weathered? More detailed?

Would love to see and follow your progress as you go.

15 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Wow, that’s a lot of packaging.

will you be doing a straight from the manual assembly or doing a custom build? Hikaru type? Weathered? More detailed?

Would love to see and follow your progress as you go.

Just going to do a straight build, unless I notice something that doesn't line up or needs fixing.

Going to try and marathon it over the Christmas/new years break, but I'll snap some pics for a photo album.

19 minutes ago, Thom said:

Looks like the table is straining under that load!

That was my first thought as well, then I realized the picture was probably taken with a wide-angle lens or with panorama mode turned on. That is also impressive because otherwise it wouldn't have all fit in the frame without stepping back about ten feet! :blink:

Edited by Anasazi37

On 12/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, Anasazi37 said:

That was my first thought as well, then I realized the picture was probably taken with a wide-angle lens or with panorama mode turned on. That is also impressive because otherwise it wouldn't have all fit in the frame without stepping back about ten feet! :blink:

You are correct, couldn't step back enough to get everything in frame, so it's a panorama while leaning backwards over a cat climber.

• 1 month later...

Was thinking about something weird today
I saw this video...

And it is incredible and all that...but it did something I never see. It launched the missiles but kept the mounting pylons on the wings

image.png.8602bc60b307cd773a87cfc2ff0359bf.png

In the animation we never see empty pylons on the wings after launch.
Do they just eject them into space along with the empty missile boxes?
Is there a factory onboard the SDF-1 that just makes pylons and missile boxes since they are throwaway/disposable after each battle?
Or
do they have Over-Technology 'air tags' in space and a cleanup crew goes around after a battle and collects them all for re-use. 😛

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Was thinking about something weird today
I saw this video...

And it is incredible and all that...but it did something I never see. It launched the missiles but kept the mounting pylons on the wings

image.png.8602bc60b307cd773a87cfc2ff0359bf.png

In the animation we never see empty pylons on the wings after launch.
Do they just eject them into space along with the empty missile boxes?
Is there a factory onboard the SDF-1 that just makes pylons and missile boxes since they are throwaway/disposable after each battle?
Or
do they have Over-Technology 'air tags' in space and a cleanup crew goes around after a battle and collects them all for re-use. 😛

It’s all part of the transformation process. The magically retract when the missiles are launched. The process is hidden by the smoke the missiles create so the animators never have to think about it.

All joking aside, I wonder if anyone thought about them or if they did, if the message just never got to the animators.