Hachette Collection 1/24 VF-1S (subscription collectable)

CF18

On 10/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, tekering said:

Oh, sure.  Shoulders, elbows and wrists were easily modified...

flight-posed.jpg

...but just reinforcing the legs enough for it to stand on its own was a challenge.

nailed.jpg

The legs are just hollow shells, not even designed to handle the weight of the model.  Articulating them would require a fairly robust internal support structure.

It would probably be worth it to find a suitable large-scale Transformer toy and cannibalize the entire thigh/knee/shin unit from it. Scratching up such a structure would probably be a nightmare at that scale!

2 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

Im really hurt because I feel this release is really difficult to acquire but I feel like I've been waiting so long, (decades). Here I am ready and willing to shell out thousands but no, too many hurdles. 

It's honestly pretty easy for the most part. Just pre-order/order from HLJ and have 4 of them shipped out every 2 months via private warehouse.

Unfortunately looks like #2 is no longer available from there.

I may be jumping into this topic late.. but I was on the HLJ site. yesterday.. these things are like .. $20-ish each, and I stopped counting at 95 'issues'... is this correct?  If 95 were the last thats $1900. Please tell me my math is crazy or wrong. 

2 hours ago, lavinrac said:

I may be jumping into this topic late.. but I was on the HLJ site. yesterday.. these things are like .. $20-ish each, and I stopped counting at 95 'issues'... is this correct?  If 95 were the last thats $1900. Please tell me my math is crazy or wrong. 

this is a ~$2000 US assemble-it-yourself collectible.

your math is not wrong...

sadly.

Also I don’t see the price going down by adding more of these... issues? So far shipping is about $10 per issue (from HLJ) regardless of if you’re shipping one or 4 at a time. This is looking more like a $3000 venture when all is said and done...

On 2/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, takatoys said:

Anybody saw the contents of the DVD from the first box? Is it worth watching? It’s region 2, I think I still have a couple of chances to switch regions from my pc dvd player.

I played it no problems on my LG BluRay player. I don't think the DVD it is region locked.

It is much longer version of the released commercial (what I could make out of it!)

I think it was 20 something minutes. Definitely worth if it you can find it cheap. Was fun to watch.
S

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

I played it no problems on my LG BluRay player. I don't think the DVD it is region locked.

It is much longer version of the released commercial (what I could make out of it!)

I think it was 20 something minutes. Definitely worth if it you can find it cheap. Was fun to watch.
S

You were right! I had not even tried playing it because I saw the region 2 batch on the dvd cover. It plays fine.

it has almost the same content of the commercials plus an interview with Kawamori supervising the development, very cool.

I’m planning of completing the model. A friend of mine in Japan is buying the volumes for me each week. One question though. Without subscribing, there is no chance to get the seated pilot too? Will it be sold separately?

Glad I ordered a new set 001, applying the the vernier nozzles to the nose area in set 002 I got glue on the outside of the metal (there's not really a surface for the glue on the nozzle to attach to, I accidentally wiped it off and took off/smeared some of the tampo.  In set 003 there's these TINY (1 mm x 3mm) little component things to glue on the inside of the cockpit that could just have easily been molded in.  Anyways, when I snipped one of them it flew off to never be found again, no bother, not like you will see it anyways...and its just black on black.

It a very different kit than the Hachette Yamato.  There's more useless/pointless gluing of pieces.  Also, gluing plastic to paint on top of diecast metal just seems like a dumb idea...(like on the seat).

16 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Glad I ordered a new set 001, applying the the vernier nozzles to the nose area in set 002 I got glue on the outside of the metal (there's not really a surface for the glue on the nozzle to attach to, I accidentally wiped it off and took off/smeared some of the tampo.  In set 003 there's these TINY (1 mm x 3mm) little component things to glue on the inside of the cockpit that could just have easily been molded in.  Anyways, when I snipped one of them it flew off to never be found again, no bother, not like you will see it anyways...and its just black on black.

It a very different kit than the Hachette Yamato.  There's more useless/pointless gluing of pieces.  Also, gluing plastic to paint on top of diecast metal just seems like a dumb idea...(like on the seat).

I'm curious about what type of glue is used with these Hachette models?

Plastic cement, ABS Cement, or Super Glue?

I saw a guy building the Hatchette Bismark. That is just insanely expensive for a kit.

That display is CRAZY cool!!! I didn't know they had small screens like that commercially available, but then again, I haven't needed something that size. Would be cool if you could do that for 1/72 scale. - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I got some more complete and thought share while we are in quarantine. Actually got the pilot figures this week. They are pretty great imho. Not poseable but very well painted...and huge! That is a 1/60 Delta pilot for scale. Also, the head is just cool. Mostly diecast. Anyway, enjoy.

20200316_210507.jpg

52 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Looks great! I wish I was able to use my tenso address and payment account but they just wouldn’t let me complete the subscription and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. 

Thanks! Yes, filling out the subscription was a battle. I'm surprised it went through.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:58 PM, MechTech said:

I saw a guy building the Hatchette Bismark. That is just insanely expensive for a kit.

Bismarck is tempting, but for that kind of money, it'd have the be the Tirpitz in full dazzle-camo, or an Iowa...

21 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Bismarck is tempting, but for that kind of money, it'd have the be the Tirpitz in full dazzle-camo, or an Iowa...

I'll have a TV SDF-1 for THAT kind of $$$$$$$$$ please!

3 hours ago, slide said:

I'll have a TV SDF-1 for THAT kind of $$$$$$$$$ please!

That's a great idea! A TV SDF-1 would be awesome. They can have a gimmick where the main gun is motorized to open up for firing. What scale do you think that would come in?

39 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

That's a great idea! A TV SDF-1 would be awesome. They can have a gimmick where the main gun is motorized to open up for firing. What scale do you think that would come in?

Would have to be 1/2000 minimum if someone's going to fleece me for a Thousand Canadian Dollars...

It would be an insta-buy for me for a 1/2000+ SDF-1. I would prefer a TV one over a DYRL but I don't think I could say no to either. Recession/Coronavirus be damned. I would hope that it's durable enough to transform like the Arcadia/Yamato one. Motorized would be cool but I would settle for lighting gimmicks. Someone please let Hachette know there's a market for this!

• 2 months later...