Kids Logic Robotech MiniTech (Miniature Technique) Line

no3Ljm

• 9 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 12:52 PM, fhrex said:

I'm starting to paint my Gerwalk. Any recommendations for canopy paint color? 

I just left mine white, but I did consider carefully carving out the canopy with a rough pilot and dash inside, taping around the fuselage, then pouring in a tiny bit of epoxy. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 6:33 AM, Podtastic said:

I already have all the Zentraedi mecha and soldier minis, so what is being "kickstarted"?  Just this ship?

Are they doing other ships?

Looks like a Zentran Cruise Ship is included based on the pledges.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minitech-games/robotech-macross-dog-fight-the-miniatures-game

576ec36c8288e7501e501d6f5262f84c_original.jpg.006cb7434b8bbc6b2e1aacb768cdc8eb.jpg

9d306e20289abf1c72830cae18076f92_original.jpg.c90bca7be81620806ff870a5e9091e83.jpg

3 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

B-but...!  I still haven't finished my RPG Tactics minis!  And I have model kits to build!  And I'd like to buy food sometime this month!

Hahaha! I think that's mostly our problem. :lol: I'm now thinking of Costco Hotdogs and Cup Noodles diet just to satisfy my plastic addiction. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like a Zentran Cruise Ship is included based on the pledges.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minitech-games/robotech-macross-dog-fight-the-miniatures-game

576ec36c8288e7501e501d6f5262f84c_original.jpg.006cb7434b8bbc6b2e1aacb768cdc8eb.jpg

9d306e20289abf1c72830cae18076f92_original.jpg.c90bca7be81620806ff870a5e9091e83.jpg

I was not planning on this but thankfully HK dollars are not equivalent to US Dollars.😅

The Giant Zentraedi flagship is tempting, but how big is is it exacty?

The SDF1 is only 15 cm.

53 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I was not planning on this but thankfully HK dollars are not equivalent to US Dollars.😅

The Giant Zentraedi flagship is tempting, but how big is is it exacty?

The SDF1 is only 15 cm.

Here's another long image strip that was on the same Kickstarter page. Same as SDF-1, it also says 15cm. Bottom part of the image.

60c846428ecc34d8b30f2fbdf1e7b6c2_original.jpg.5e41adffd3bb34ddbb1a07b15bba7edf.jpg

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's another long image strip that was on the same Kickstarter page. Same as SDF-1, it also says 15cm. Bottom part of the image.

60c846428ecc34d8b30f2fbdf1e7b6c2_original.jpg.5e41adffd3bb34ddbb1a07b15bba7edf.jpg

Oh I really was hoping it would be larger.

Anyway that and the Zentraedi armour add-ons are must haves, so I guess I'm in.

If you can stack add-ons I'll be in for more or those Zentraedi packs. Oh you can...😄

Edited by Podtastic

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

"Thank you so much for supporting us.  The Game is FUNDED in one day.  This is absolutely amazing, and the new journey begins."

:drinks:

Did you do the early bird special?

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

Not sure I can justify $60 for a 6 inch none-transformable SDF-1 statue. I still have a ton of RPG Tactics figures that are still in boxes at my office untouched.

Out of curiosity. How did you come up with the price? I'm not sure how to break out the prices of individual figures based on the pledges package prices. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you do the early bird special?

Out of curiosity. How did you come up with the price? I'm not sure how to break out the prices of individual figures based on the pledges package prices. Thanks.

I used the Add-on price listed.

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Has anyone actually played this game yet?  I see that it actually came out last year in the core set.  It appears to be a Macross coat of paint over an X-Wing Miniatures like game.  Is that accurate?  Any word on how it plays?

I think the initial release was just miniatures without a ruleset, and what's happening now is a boxed game with rules that includes the miniatures?

@Chet

What happened with the DragonBall Z Smash Battle project?  I see that they couldn't deliver, but I can't figure out why.  I have a vague notion of not securing licensing rights in certain regions, is that what it was?  I'm wondering if this is going to be another Palladium...

Found out what happened with Dragonball Z Smash Battle after reading the comments in the kickstarter a bit.  Basically the license holder in Japan pulled KidsLogic's ability to release anywhere other than Japan.  And that was for a game that wasn't made yet.  So I'm hoping that they really tried in good faith to deliver and these issues won't be a problem for this game because the base game is already made and has already been released (even stateside).  My only concern is that

1) their funding goal is too low (low margins means if anything goes wrong, they end up making less money than they spend)

2) They are caving to making more models for transformation modes they hadn't initially planned.

I think a lot of these miniature kickstarters screw themselves by over promising the number of miniatures they can really deliver (see: Palladium).  Hope that is not the case here.

3 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Found out what happened with Dragonball Z Smash Battle after reading the comments in the kickstarter a bit.  Basically the license holder in Japan pulled KidsLogic's ability to release anywhere other than Japan.  And that was for a game that wasn't made yet.  So I'm hoping that they really tried in good faith to deliver and these issues won't be a problem for this game because the base game is already made and has already been released (even stateside).  My only concern is that

1) their funding goal is too low (low margins means if anything goes wrong, they end up making less money than they spend)

2) They are caving to making more models for transformation modes they hadn't initially planned.

I think a lot of these miniature kickstarters screw themselves by over promising the number of miniatures they can really deliver (see: Palladium).  Hope that is not the case here.

I don’t think the licensing is an issue here. These are under the Robotech brand and are using the designs that had already been used for Robotech. If I’m not mistaken dragon ball toys are licensed through Bandai and it’s affiliates and that’s probably where the problem came in on those.

I can’t really speak on the Kickstarter side of things, but they may have a strategy to get their money back by hoping the customers will be interested in further minis. Most of these minis probably only really cost a few cents to make. Designing them probably costed more than the manufacturing though