2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

The Muppets Haunted Mansion movie certainly seems to be hitting the right vibe in the trailer (and the famous locations in the attraction).

Already looks better than the actual Haunted Mansion movie!

I fully expect Disney to cash in on Muppets-Haunted Mansion collectibles soon....lol

I had to watch that a couple times...so much to take in....this isn't simply the Muppets in the Haunted Mansion....this is the Muppets in the Muppet's Haunted Mansion!  So many easter eggs in that trailer....they actually even gave the wallpaper a Muppet makeover....heck....I think I even saw a reference to Mr. Toad....wow....this should be epic! Can't wait!

Edited by jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the Muppet Haunted Mansion show last night.  First up, what is the deal with Gonzo being the main character so often?  As for the show itself, the musical numbers were mostly forgettable as was the show itself.  Not the Muppets at their best but not their worst either.  It was a good mix of Muppets and human co-stars unlike a couple of the movies that focused too much on the humans.  It also really featured the scenes from the ride and gets points there.  

Lots of great fan service and nice "Muppet" versions of some Haunted Mansion staples.....which was the best part of the show....I didn't mind the musical parts....

I think Disney still doesn't know how to translate it's ride to film....thus why they went with a "safe" Muppets version.....I am worried that they will get the rebooted Haunted Mansion movie wrong...again...and focus more on the "gags"......maybe they need Sam Raimi

As Statler and Waldorf said at one point during the show....the Muppets Haunted Mansion was "somewhat entertaining"

Edited by jvmacross

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone catch the ILM docuseries?

Probably the few rare times we'll see the original special effects from the OT.

Pretty cool to see how things evolved and how they pulled off all that various work (from the original Star Wars through the Raiders of the Lost Ark to the Abyss and T2 and all the way to all the digital aspects now).

Something cool to watch in the background.

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Anyone catch the ILM docuseries?

Probably the few rare times we'll see the original special effects from the OT.

Pretty cool to see how things evolved and how they pulled off all that various work (from the original Star Wars through the Raiders of the Lost Ark to the Abyss and T2 and all the way to all the digital aspects now).

Something cool to watch in the background.

Yeah I thought it was pretty interesting.  Crazy how they started out in basically a tin shed. 

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty interesting.  Crazy how they started out in basically a tin shed. 

For the first Star Wars, it’s bonkers that they built up all that stuff and all they had to show for it was two completed effects scenes by the time Lucas came back from filming.

Pretty trippy too to see the change from practical models, miniatures, stop-motion, etc. to CG taking over almost everything to a sort of hybrid blending of the two methods.

Yes! I watched the whole series, and it was excellent!  Very enjoyable. John Dykstra and all those guys back then were just exceptionally brilliant! It's kind of odd that now we've come back around full circle to certain directors and producers to WANT to do things live and not in CG. Look at the new show Andor, not shot using "The Volume".  Interesting times for sure! Kind of going back and using the CG as more of a tool and not an end all be all or crutch nowadays for some things. 

The cool thing with using something like the Volume though is that you don’t have to build the whole set, but it’s large enough to immerse the actors and make ‘em feel like they’re in a different place.

Like you said, it’s now another tool to utilize to better tell and serve the story.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:57 PM, no3Ljm said:

Not something I'd be horribly invested in, but could be amusing.

The latter half of the trailer went more into fantasy, but the first half had me thinking of something I suddenly desperately want to see: A fairytale princess version of "The Money Pit."

I want to see a fairy godmother handle this: