Jump to content

Countdown until the Shogakukun Macross Package Art Collection Book is released! 

The countdown has finished!

What's this called when panel lining?


Recommended Posts

So I was helping a friend's son with some panel lining tips and couldn't think of the actual term to describe the behavior of the pigment when it moves itself along the panel lines.

Does anyone know the technical word to describe how the liquid pigment just moves itself up down along these tiny channels even against gravity?

I'm guessing it is either some sort of liquid capillary action or surface adhesion? Just figured someone here might be in a field that deals with these kind of fluid dynamics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

'Capillary Action' is, indeed, the term

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...