On 9/10/2021 at 4:38 PM, JB0 said:

Oh dear. Good luck.

Thanks... but it'll take more than luck this time around.

22 hours ago, Big s said:

The matrix for movie goers was a quick fad that was the star wars of the adhd generation. It was quickly forgotten by filmgoers, but filmmakers are still riding the style of filming and probably will for a while 

Guess the originality that spawned the Matrix series is pretty much dead in Hollyweird....

1 hour ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Enjoy Keanu but this fourth installment seems needless and a cash grab. Does anyone else keep seeing John Wick? Would it have killed them to change his appearance more?? Geezus. Will watch it just for him and hope the story is not a predictable and boring plot.

Kenau in real life has taken laid back to legendary standards. It would shock me if they wanted him to shave the beard and he said "Take it or leave it". He's not in it for the cash. He hasn't even begun to spend the money from the first three movies.

Did not mean Keanu was doing the film for the cash grab, rather the studios. Studio interviews claim the trilogy was originally going to be about Neo's Resurrection. But the lengthy timeline gap does not lend any justification why this film even needs to be made now. Really hope they delve into the Matrix world instead of merely doing a soft reboot with an amnestic Neo.

1 hour ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Enjoy Keanu but this fourth installment seems needless and a cash grab. Does anyone else keep seeing John Wick? Would it have killed them to change his appearance more?? Geezus. Will watch it just for him and hope the story is not a predictable and boring plot.

Agree. It would be nice to see Keanu outside of John Wick look. I don't mind the 'stache and beard. They should've made his hair shorter this time. Think of it like the opposite of his 'Ted' appearance. ^_^ 

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Kenau in real life has taken laid back to legendary standards. It would shock me if they wanted him to shave the beard and he said "Take it or leave it". He's not in it for the cash. He hasn't even begun to spend the money from the first three movies.

Oh I'm pretty sure he used some of that to start their ArchMotorcyle business. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh I'm pretty sure he used some of that to start their ArchMotorcyle business. ;) 

From what I understand he leads a very humble existence. Well, for someone worth over $300M.

You could start that bike company for $1M with no problem. You could start it for 1/4 of that if you wanted to do it skinny. FYI, that's the world I have ben operating in for the last 30yrs.B))

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

From what I understand he leads a very humble existence. Well, for someone worth over $300M.

You could start that bike company for $1M with no problem. You could start it for 1/4 of that if you wanted to do it skinny. FYI, that's the world I have ben operating in for the last 30yrs.B))

Yup. He's so awesome like that. For all we know, he's probably donating a lot of his money to different foundation anonymously.

I don't have a mill, so I don't know how much to start a company. But I'm assuming that he used some of his earnings to start the said business. ;) 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

He did shave it recently for the new bill and Ted.

4 hours ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Will the original Morpheus appear?

Lawrence Fishburne himself has gone on record saying he is not involved with “Resurrections.” The actor revealed to Vulture last summer that he was not invited back to play the character in the new sequel.

Fishburne said he hadn’t been told any details, adding, “I have not been asked to join them.”

More recently, Fishburne told Collider, “I am not in the next ‘Matrix’ movie, and you’d have to ask Lana Wachowski why, because I don’t have an answer for that.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/matrix-4-trailer-morpheus-theories-1234663192/

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Lawrence Fishburne himself has gone on record saying he is not involved with “Resurrections.” The actor revealed to Vulture last summer that he was not invited back to play the character in the new sequel.

Fishburne said he hadn’t been told any details, adding, “I have not been asked to join them.”

More recently, Fishburne told Collider, “I am not in the next ‘Matrix’ movie, and you’d have to ask Lana Wachowski why, because I don’t have an answer for that.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/matrix-4-trailer-morpheus-theories-1234663192/

With most things I'd wager on $$$$$$$.

It's a safe bet that Carrie-Anne Moss saw this as an opportunity to leverage the past (and that they probably really wanted here in there) for one more big payday. Here career is not made up of big paydays at this point (was it ever?). And of course Reeves can demand MASSIVE money. You can save a pretty big chunk of change on making a movie when you don't hire an actor like Fishbourne. $10M? More? That represents a pretty big percentage of the overall budget.

Edited by sqidd

21 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Somewhere further up in the thread he said they did not even contact him.

So an actor (professional liar) in Hollyweird where everything is based on favoritism and "the in club" couldn't possibly lie as to not make waves right?

That is a town full of back stabbing liars and cheats. 

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Since it seems to mean so much to you then fine.  He WAS asked to take a pay cut (or didn't get the raise he wanted) and claimed otherwise.

Ultimately, what Lawrence Fishburne is saying makes sense to me and doesn't appear to be obtuse. I mean, Fishburne was probably working with his agent to find out of he was going to be pulled into the project like Reeves and Moss. I expect that was happening, but beyond that I don't see anything shady here. I would think that Lana Wachowski has the final say in all casting choices so...:unknw:

For whatever reason, it was decided that the character of Morpheus would get rebooted. We may see the same thing happening to other characters beyond Neo and Trinity. I mean, why wouldn't there be a plot element behind this that we're not yet aware of? That said, it could just be a simple cast refresh that Lana felt the franchise needs to capture a younger audience. Who knows? 

Eh, I'm getting too old to jump down every rabbit hole to chase conspiracy theories. Most of them are dead ends, anyway.

Just now, crackpot said:

Nah. They'll continue to cast Keanu until he's in a wheelchair. By that time, it'll be titled Matrix: Resuscitations.

That's in line with Megazone 23, which had old man Shogo with his life support tied in to tge ADAM system.

As we all know, the Matrix story had already happened many times. I don't recall off the top of my head how many times. But the Architect, who may have been lying, did throw out a number, if I recall correctly. So a remake or  spin sequel would be appropriate. It's all about what direction they want to go. 
Either way, I'm intrigued and looking forward to seeing how this goes down. 

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I rewatched The Matrix yesterday and I still love it.

Hard to believe it's over 20 years old. Ugh, I'm old lol. I remember seeing it the first time during a backpacking trip in New Zealand in 1999. Thought it was cool but didn't realize how big the movie actually was till I returned to the States. It was bigger than The Phantom Menace and all the other movies released in 1999. Whoa!