The teaser trailer is enough for me. We'll see what one of the siblings brings with this Matrix. Visually they are cool movies. But they went downhill after the first one and The Animatrix.

Screw you guys, I'm excited!

Enjoyed the first 3, and am totally ready to find out it was Neo that had himself placed back in The Matrix to heal. Or that this is the story of an earlier incarnation.

Edited by Keith

2 hours ago, Thom said:

I'm wondering if Neo and Trin may be digital copies, like ghosts in the machine.

Either they're "Ghosts in the Machine" or their broken bodies have been on life support for how many years and they've been plugged in since they "died".

8 minutes ago, azrael said:

Either they're "Ghosts in the Machine" or their broken bodies have been on life support for how many years and they've been plugged in since they "died".

Revolutions also established that memories can be copied/transplanted (Smith), so Trinity could be a dub+clone.

I'm kinda leaning towards earlier version of "The One" & prequel though, while it's possible Morpheus just has a younger Matrix avatar, I'm thinking this is truly a younger version of him.

3 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if Neo and Trinity found a way to load their consciousnesses into the Matrix and escape their dying bodies before they died, rather than this being "copies"...

Trinity is the big mystery, but I'll assume while connected everyone is technically loaded inti Matrix RAM, so pulling a copy of her shouldn't be too hard for the machines.As for Neo, he very likely was still alive, and I always assumed the machines were carrying him off to plug him in as a peace offering (since his body was trashed).

RAM ghosts may be why "The One" keeps recurring in general.

1 hour ago, azrael said:

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if Neo and Trinity found a way to load their consciousnesses into the Matrix and escape their dying bodies before they died, rather than this being "copies"...

During the first part of the trailer, we saw some fast scenes during the therapy sequence. One quick scene shows Neo with burned eyes just like in Revolution. So it's safe to assume that he was plugged back into the Matrix after he "died".

matrix4_neo_eyes.jpg.81746a1f28ed2c80c225a5da79e9831f.jpg

Honestly, at this point, it is a pass.  I never cared for the earlier movies, too many logical inconsistencies, and the story, while interesting in the first, was just...

I'm going to have to hear some fantastic reviews to go see it.

It was the Star Wars of its generation, groundbreaking for its technical achievements, highly influential in its production design, and widely praised for its originality among those unaware of what had "inspired" it. <_<

Incidentally, Episode I was released in 1999, 22 years after the original Star WarsThe Matrix was released the same year... 22 years before The Matrix Resurrections. B))

Edited by tekering

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Except the Matrix, unlike Star Wars, had one good movie and two sequels that were Dreck.  The trailer for this one at least appears to have some promise.

THE MATRIX could have been the next Star Wars but they rammed it down a crap hole with bad writing. Real shame. Thankfully we had Lord of The Rings to keep us nerds happy at the time. Let's hope this new MATRIX film is good enough to re-launch the franchise. It'll have to be good enough without Keanu of course.