SDF-1 3D Model + 3D Print [SD Machine Style]

UN_MARINE

16 hours ago, DewPoint said:

:good:

Thanks!

13 hours ago, jenius said:

A word of caution for anything else you do, don't use the term "joke machine" anywhere. That term puts you on the wrong people's radars. Super Deformational Fortress 1 is great though. 

Thanks for the heads-up! I've already started changing names and descriptions on then.

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very cool; reminds me of the master made sdf-1

Thanks!

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Excellent video. Really demonstrates the capabilities of your SDeFo-1.

Really need to get one, but I don’t have a 3D printer.

:(

Thanks!

We're pretty much stuck with the digital option for now, shipping and sudden filament shortage are a couple of big roadblocks.

• UN_MARINE changed the title to SDF-1 3D Model + 3D Print [SD Machine Style]
  • 3 months later...

UN  MARINE, i bought the files for the your joke sdf-1. i give the file to 2 persons to print it and both persons have issues.

both persons have told me that there is no clearances, this leads to a LOT of sanding

also there is too many  areas that need support which is never good.

my main questions is do you have any update files? some in where you address these issues?

i believe i bought the files like a year ago

On 9/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, navratilova said:

UN  MARINE, i bought the files for the your joke sdf-1. i give the file to 2 persons to print it and both persons have issues.

both persons have told me that there is no clearances, this leads to a LOT of sanding

also there is too many  areas that need support which is never good.

my main questions is do you have any update files? some in where you address these issues?

i believe i bought the files like a year ago

The model has 1:1 tolerance. There may be some shrinkage/expansion depending on the filament. The files were "optimized" for an FDM printer, I'm not sure how it behaves with a resin printer. I can send you the STL files as separate pieces, so you can re-orient/layout the parts for better printing.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:46 AM, Convectuoso said:

I hadn't watched the video, bit now I did and bought the files right away.

The work @UN_MARINEhas done is impressive

Thanks! I hope it prints successfully on your end.

Re: filament shrinkage/expansion.

This guy, for example:

The gray filament is a different brand from my usual, and it's horrible with expansion. I printed 2 sets, and I pretty much lost enthusiasm on the second one.

I have no doubts if the gray parts were printed in the usual stuff, I'd have 2 ARMDs to attach to the SDF-1 right now.

DSCI2820.thumb.JPG.2d5435efb416e4d485268f6ab28ca69c.JPGDSCI2835.thumb.JPG.39f167f0e903f3b5317e2cc12bc9d12e.JPG

17 hours ago, UN_MARINE said:

Re: filament shrinkage/expansion.

This guy, for example:

The gray filament is a different brand from my usual, and it's horrible with expansion. I printed 2 sets, and I pretty much lost enthusiasm on the second one.

I have no doubts if the gray parts were printed in the usual stuff, I'd have 2 ARMDs to attach to the SDF-1 right now.

DSCI2820.thumb.JPG.2d5435efb416e4d485268f6ab28ca69c.JPGDSCI2835.thumb.JPG.39f167f0e903f3b5317e2cc12bc9d12e.JPG

Still impressive, but what filament was the grey garbage?

55 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Still impressive, but what filament was the grey garbage?

Thanks!

I have no clue what brand the filament is - they don't even have the decency to put it on the spool label!

Printer filament shortage = desperate times :lol:  it happened to be available (and cheap), so I tried it out.

On the bright side, it's pretty durable stuff. Probably great for low-detail or structural prints.

19 minutes ago, UN_MARINE said:

Thanks!

I have no clue what brand the filament is - they don't even have the decency to put it on the spool label!

Printer filament shortage = desperate times :lol:  it happened to be available (and cheap), so I tried it out.

On the bright side, it's pretty durable stuff. Probably great for low-detail or structural prints.

Is it the stuff that guy was selling in the FB Filament Deals group?  He got like 1000 rolls of it or some such, I bought a couple rolls, but haven't tried them yet as my printers are waiting for me to install some upgrades, I've just been too busy.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

Is it the stuff that guy was selling in the FB Filament Deals group?  He got like 1000 rolls of it or some such, I bought a couple rolls, but haven't tried them yet as my printers are waiting for me to install some upgrades, I've just been too busy.

I got the stuff from a local shopping app. Fairly reliable service, but questionable product origins haha.

I wish my printer was the upgrade-able kind, this printer model's nearly 10 years old - "stone age" tech by today's standards.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, navratilova said:

i commission one to be printed, there is some issues that need to be address. please look at the videos for the issues mentioned.

Super awesome!

There's apparently a lot of shrinkage/expansion when the model's up-scaled - the "negligible" shrinkage on the normal size model got 2.7x worse on the giant print.

Room for improvement on future projects, I suppose! :D

that's weird because i have a different person print a smaller version (7 inches tall) and we have the same issues. i had to MASSIVE sand almost all the parts. how come 2 different people have the same issue? anybody who has print these files have this scales issues? any advice from anyone would help

Edited by navratilova

14 hours ago, navratilova said:

that's weird because i have a different person print a smaller version (7 inches tall) and we have the same issues. i had to MASSIVE sand almost all the parts. how come 2 different people have the same issue? anybody who has print these files have this scales issues? any advice from anyone would help

It's possible the issue comes from re-scaling the model. Another factor could be the material they're printing with. Different materials can also affect tolerances.

I can adjust the model, but I can only base it on test prints on my end. Although it's possible "just right" will also become "too loose/tight" on another machine.